Todd Gurley workload

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah nowhere does this say he has the same knees as coming out of Georgia.
I guess he got somebody else knees then I guess Guess his knee problems didn’t start in Ga this is pure comedy

Ellard80

Legend
he said he had worse problems with the ACL... that's what the fuck he said.

He didn't say shit about his knees "being the same" as when he came into the league.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What the fuck is pure comedy... you making up shit he didn't say then acting like im dumb?
Lol bro you’re mad and highly disrespectful try reading the article with a little reading comprehension instead of deflecting. I didn’t call your dumb but you’re acting very ignorant right now. You got this righteous ass attitude like your opinion is gospel. You ask for a link you insinuated that you follow this team more closely than me then when you’re proved wrong instead of manning up and eating crow you deflect and try to act macho. That’s the comedy you’re comedy silly ass

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he said he had worse problems with the ACL... that's what the fuck he said.

He didn't say shit about his knees "being the same" as when he came into the league.
The condition of Gurley’s knee has been labeled a concern, but the running back didn’t sound overly worried about it when he spoke to reporters on Tuesday. Gurley said he’s fine and doing the same kinds of things he’s always done in the offseason while making a comparison to how he felt after tearing his ACL in his final year at the University of Georgia.

So what does that statement says to you. Because this statement really just made a “comparison” to what he did in GA AFTER tearing his ACL to what he has ALWAYS been doing in the offseason.

Gurley own trainer even stated that nothing has changed with how he trains. This clearly points to Gurley having the same knees he’s always had and the fact that he trains like he always has.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
This Gurley crap is getting old . There is something going on behind the scenes that isn't being talked about . The whole offense was seated 20 yards to the left of me and Gurley never once was part of it .
He stood directly in front of me and was lackadaisical the entire game . I got tired of him being in all my pictures I tried to take . I never saw him look at any game pictures or talk with McVay , and no one approached him . He just stood there with no helmet and half the time not even watching the game .
If I'm paying a guy 15 million to be a leader and playmaker , he better have his ass within shouting range when they have the ball . I really like Gurley , but there is an obvious disconnect between him and this team . I'm sure everyone will think I'm crazy , but I just watched 4 hours of him directly in front of me showing no emotion and playing every 3rd series. His body language is concerning

I’m sorta done too

We all have our opinions, your first hand experience at his apparent aloofness is not surprising to me as I pretty much ascertained the same feeling albeit from afar about two months ago.

I just can’t recall feeling more disgust for a Rams player than I harbor for Todd Gurley

As far as I’m concerned, he’s a quitter of the highest order, and I would challenge anyone here to find a post from me that’s actually been negative towards my boys, I’m usually not that guy, but this...this is uncharted waters for me.

And it pains me as much as the next guy.

Just my opinion boys, calling as I see it

Out

Last edited:

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
It's not that hard to figure out. You have a player who's arguably the best at his position in the league, saying he's good to go, yet the coach never puts him in? He's obviously feeling defeated, which I completely understand. I mean he could open his mouth and prob start a chain reaction through out the locker room, but that's not what's best. If coach is going to treat him like a back up rb, no harm in acting like one. He's not even a captain anymore (which is bullshit).

IMO he's being game-planned out. I've seen plenty of runs where he looks perfectly fine, same burst and cuts that we've seen for the last two years. 6+ YPC last week on way-too-few carries.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Should You Be Concerned About Your Superstar Running Back?

Todd Gurley, Los Angeles Rams

Uber categorizes drivers as independent contractors instead of full-time employees. By changing what drivers are called, Uber saves money. The Rams have the opposite situation. Los Angeles calls Gurley its starting running back even though he is a rotational player. Changing what he is called wouldn’t save the Rams money, but it would save face. After some initially successful deflections, both organizations are having trouble hiding the scope of this labeling lie.

Todd Gurley did not touch the ball in the fourth quarter of the Rams’ 17-12 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday. It’s the latest example of how much L.A. has scaled back its usage of the league’s second-highest-paid running back after his knee problems arose last year. Gurley is on pace for fewer than 15 touches per game this season, the first time he’s dropped below 20 in his career. Not only is Gurley getting the ball less, but he’s also doing less with it. In 2017, Gurley’s 6.1 yards per touch ranked fourth among running backs. In 2018, his 5.8 yards per touch ranked 12th. This season, his 4.3 yards per touch rank 40th. That’s a function of the Rams offense declining because their line has collapsed. They had the highest run-blocking grade by Pro Football Focus in 2018 but have the 27th-highest grade this season.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Who's to blame for Todd Gurley's terrible season as a receiver?
1573845784292.png

BY Cameron DaSilva
A lot has gone wrong with the Los Angeles Rams this season, but there may be no bigger storyline than Todd Gurley’s precipitous fall from being one of the most productive running backs in the NFL to one who ranks 72nd in the NFL in yards from scrimmage.For a player who had 671 more yards than any other player the last two years, that’s a startling development.

Where Gurley has really fallen off is as a receiver. He’s only caught 15 passes on 28 targets for 81 yards and one touchdown in eight games, essentially being phased out as a pass catcher in the Rams’ pass-heavy offense. Here’s where Gurley ranked among all running backs with at least 30 targets from 2017-18.

• Targets: 4th (168)
  • Receptions: 5th (123)
  • Receiving yards: 3rd (1,368)
  • TD catches: 2nd (10)
  • Yards per target: 2nd (8.14)

Needless to say, he was extremely productive as a receiver out of the backfield in Sean McVay’s offense – and it’s a big reason the Rams made it as far as they did the last two seasons. Gurley’s numbers as a pass-catcher are alarmingly bad and trending toward some of the worst in recent memory for a running back.

To put it into perspective historically, he’s the only running back since 2009 with a catch rate below 60% and an average of fewer than 6 yards per reception (on at least 28 targets). Only 11 other players since 1992 have matched those numbers, which shows how ineffective he’s been this season. Furthermore, his 2.89 yards per target are the lowest by a running back with at least 28 targets since Ben Taint in 2013.

There’s simply no denying the fact that Gurley has really struggled in the passing game this year. The biggest question is why – and who’s to blame?

Todd Gurley

Some of it certainly falls on Gurley. He’s dropped five of the 28 passes that have come his way, which is a drop rate of 17.9%. That’s the third-highest rate among all players with at least 15 receptions this season. Last year, Gurley only dropped seven passes on 81 targets, a rate of 8.6%. Outside of his touchdown catch against the Falcons, Gurley’s hands have not been very good this season.

This is a bad throw by Goff on a play that had little chance to turn into anything, but it’s a ball Gurley typically catches.

Jared Goff

His suddenly unreliable hands aren’t the only reason his receiving numbers are as bad as they are. Jared Goff’s accuracy – or lack thereof – absolutely warrants some criticism and blame, too. The passes he’s thrown Gurley’s way have done nothing to help the running back, rarely hitting him in the numbers.

Long Article for the rest of the information click above.

Last edited: