TNF - Falcons at Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
a few things about the game

1. Philly isn't going anywhere. Their D is still very legit. Obviously Foles isn't going to be the QB he was in the playoffs, but it doesn't matter. Wentz will be back soon enough.

2. Atl was picked to win the super bowl by SI? They may not make the playoffs in that division and conference. Steve Sarkisian who has made a career falling ass backwards into high profile gigs despite a mediocre resume is a brutal OC. Think they wish they didn't just make LeFleur the OC after the Super Bowl?

3. Matt Ryan's passes looked like he's lost some zip? Rust, pressure or father time? He could have thrown 4-5 picks. The one he did throw had zero chance of hitting the receiver.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
What a boring game. It literally put me to sleep.

I'm happy ATL lost though... been hating them since they disgraced the NFC West back in the day. Fuck them. Maybe they'll throw to Julio 30 times next game LOL.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
so Jalen Rose a former NBA player and Stephen A Smith, a loud mouth hack, are now commentating on NFL games over on BSPN? is this a joke?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I REALLY don't understand where all this "talent" that the Falcons have is supposed to have been.

They've been getting that moniker for years now - they beat up a bunch of cupcakes their super bowl year and made it on the strength of having home field for their games against the NFC - but even that year their defense was really bad by some metrics.

Last season they played well in the playoffs, but all year long didn't look great.

And they lost to a team missing their best QB and WR last night.

Looking at their team as a whole, they have what I would classify as above average CBs, a really good MLB, and a "pro bowl" caliber DE in Beasley.

Offensively their OL is decent, Julio is a stud and Freeman and Ryan are decent - but IMO they're not on the Rams, Eagles, Saints, Vikings or even the Steelers or Patriots levels.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
His team won. Foles stunk up the field.
Well it is a team game.
And I think saying he, "stunk up the field" is an exaggeration.
He looked as good as Pro Bowler Matt Ryan.

And I'm sure everybody's Foles hate has to do with the fact that he disappointed you as a Ram which I will never figure out why because it was pretty obvious to me the blame lies on Fisher.

There is still only one statistic that counts;

Wins and losses.

And he won again.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well it is a team game.

And I'm sure everybody's Foles hate has nothing to do with the fact that he disappointed you as a Ram which I will never figure out why because it was pretty obvious to me the blame lies on Fisher.

Wins and losses.

And he won again.
So he played as good as the other QB who played bad and that makes it ok because the other guy has been an mvp and pro bowler? Makes sense

Ram65

Legend
One thing for sure is the Eagles have a pass rush. Another is they will be better with Carson Wentz.

Weird game. Seemed like Ryan concentrated on Jones too much or not enough on the other pass catchers. Both teams looked rusty. Jason Peters shut down Beasley which was a big difference. I think Peters moves too soon on some plays. Lots of penalties. Would have been better for the Rams had the Eagles lost.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
So he played as good as the other QB who played bad and that makes it ok because the other guy has been an mvp and pro bowler? Makes sense
Did he quarterback the winning team last night?

Did he start a Pro Bowl?

Does he have a Superbowl ring?

Was he part of a Super Bowl winning team?

Did he quarterback a Super Bowl winning team?

Does he have a Super Bowl MVP trophy?

Then I would say he has done more than enough to be a winner.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well it is a team game.

And I'm sure everybody's Foles hate has to do with the fact that he disappointed you as a Ram which I will never figure out why because it was pretty obvious to me the blame lies on Fisher.

Wins and losses.

And he won again.

Matt Ryan stunk up the field too. Teams win games. So no, that isn't a statistic that tells you how an individual player performed.

Nobody hates Foles. Hell, I love him for beating the Cheaters last year. But I'm going to call a poorly performing QB a poorly performing QB.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Did he win that game? 19 of 34 for 117 yards and an INT. I don't care if the TEAM won that QB stunk up the joint last night. Both of them did.
I don't know how to explain this any clearer to you man;

Did the quarterback do enough to win the game?
Once again, the answer is yes.

I'm very proud to see a guy have some success who was almost destroyed by an incompetent coaching staff.
He almost quit football.
He comes back a hero with a Super Bowl MVP winning season for an extremely excited Philadelphia fan base.
Go Nick Foles!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know how to explain this any clearer to you man;

Did the quarterback do enough to win the game?
Once again, the answer is yes.

I'm very proud to see a guy have some success who was almost destroyed by an incompetent coaching staff.
He almost quit football.
He comes back a hero with a Super Bowl MVP winning season for an extremely excited Philadelphia fan base.
Go Nick Foles!
Congrats to Nick bravo!

I don't know how to explain this any clearer to you. His performance last night on a QB scale of excellence was garbage. He did not win that game for the team he was helped by a good team performance and an equally horrible performance by the opposing team and their QB. Attributing wins for a QB in a team game with a 56 man roster is the height of folly imo. The guy averaged 3.4 yards per attempt my god that's horrible and your'e saying he won the game and his performance was adequate? He fumbled once and didn't lose it and threw an interception.

His team won but acting like he did good or led his team to the victory seems foolish to me. Even that vaunted QBR stat had him doing bad with a 26.2 rating.

Try to explain it clearer all day if it makes you feel better. Nick Foles was not good last night.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
The answer is no. The defense did enough to win that game.
Foles had some critical first downs that led to scores that kept the other teams offense on the bench.

If you look at Foles record they gave him a win for Thursday night's game.

That means he led the team to a victory.

Everybody looked rusty, including Foles, but that doesn't mean he is an overall bad quarterback.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Foles had some critical first downs that led to scores that kept the other teams offense on the bench.

If you look at Foles record they gave him a win for Thursday night's game.

That means he led the team to a victory.

Everybody looked rusty, including Foles, but that doesn't mean he is an overall bad quarterback.

No, it doesn't. :redcard: