TNF - Falcons at Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I hate to overreact to week one, but the Falcons look so damn lost. I don't see a team that is to be feared, even though they have all the talent on paper to be one of the better teams in the league. The Eagles are a good team, both defenses looked solid, but that Falcon offense has gone from amazing to mediocre at best. If it wasn't for Julio, there would be little reason to expect much of anything out of them.

Hot take, I know.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
He's forcing it to Julio when there are other options there. Sanu? Hooper? Chill out Matt.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Falcons basically left 7 on the field with the missed PAT, 4 down try, and the terrible Matt Ryan throw that was picked.

Side note, I have Bryant in fantasy. Bastards.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ryan looked awful. The Falcon O-line was overmatched. Their red zone offense is atrocious. The Eagles dick slapped them in the same way twice now. Embarrassing.

EDIT: Also, don't get the Devonta Freeman hype. He might be the most overhyped running back in the league. He doesn't strike me as dynamic of a runner as the top tier backs, he has versatility as a receiver but I think there are plenty of guys who fill that role better, and he is possibly the worst pass blocking back in the league, which has often come back to bite the Falcons in the ass.

coleman looks so much better than him, although the stats didn't show it.

jjab360

Legend
Also I know Chris Long's not a Ram anymore but really hard not to still be a fan of the guy. Far from the most athletic but just finds a way to get the job done and also probably one of the best people in the league off the field. I'm happy for his post-Ram success.

And Nick Foles definitely has had one of the weirdest careers in NFL history. From rising star 27 TD-2 Int, to backup material, to Super Bowl MVP star, and now back to backup material. It's like every 3 years he turns into Peyton Manning and then goes back to the scattershot accuracy we all know and love (hate).

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Also I know Chris Long's not a Ram anymore but really hard not to still be a fan of the guy. Far from the most athletic but just finds a way to get the job done and also probably one of the best people in the league off the field. I'm happy for his post-Ram success.

And Nick Foles definitely has had one of the weirdest careers in NFL history. From rising star 27 TD-2 Int, to backup material, to Super Bowl MVP star, and now back to backup material. It's like every 3 years he turns into Peyton Manning and then goes back to the scattershot accuracy we all know and love (hate).

I'm with you on both these points - Chris Long is possibly my favourite NFL player, I'm so glad he goths rings, and as you pointed out his off-the-field persona is amazing. I'll always root for the guy no matter what strip he suits up in.

Rainram

Starter
I agree with a lot of you guys about ATL. Frankly, I think they snuck in last year.

As for Philly though, I’ll add that I think Schwartz is good. Always hated playing against his defenses.

Philly will be in the playoffs and if they have a healthy Wentz and Jeffery to go with Fletcher Cox and Schwartz calling things on D. I’d hate to play them in their house in January.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Random observations:

Has anyone seen Nick Foles and Napoleon Dynamite together in the same room?

Julio is one of the best receivers I’ve ever seen. Amazing athlete, great hands. What a catch on the sideline, even though he didnt get credit for it.

Darren Freaking Sproles. Has he been playing since the mid-nineties or what? How is it possible he is still that good? (Don’t answer that)

As soon as Foles left the Rams, I thought, “That guy will have a statue made in his likeness some day”

Pederson rocks.

Alshon loss changes the Philly offense.

Matty tap water.

Neither of these teams looked that good, Rams could crush ‘em both.

The Ramowl

Starter
I'm just happy with having Ajayi in my fantasy team now.
I thought the Falcons were going to win that one, guess it's the Saints' division now

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I thought the Falcons were going to win that one, guess it's the Saints' division now

I thought the Falcons were going to win too, lost a Starbucks to a colleague at work, also Wentz out until October, so the Eagles will have to adjust. Jim Schwartz 2nd best DC in the NFL and Pedereson is one heck of a Head Coach...Eagles aren't going away.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I thought the Falcons were going to win too, lost a Starbucks to a colleague at work, also Wentz out until October, so the Eagles will have to adjust. Jim Schwartz 2nd best DC in the NFL and Pedereson is one heck of a Head Coach...Eagles aren't going away.
Not to mention their September schedule is easy AF. Bucs, Colts, Titans :rolleyes:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not to mention their September schedule is easy AF. Bucs, Colts, Titans :rolleyes:

Great point, IMO, the first Head Fired will be Dirk Jeffrey Koetter and in Tennessee, they might start thinking that Vrabel's diatribe is full of malarkey.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I’d say they won in spite of him, wouldn’t you?
Absolutely.
Just like they won the Superbowl in spite of him.
He has won 20 of 36 games in spite of himself.

It is a team game but somehow he manages to pull out a majority of wins in those games in spite of playing for some really lousy teams.

And gee, he ended last season just like he started this season.

With a win.

Just win, baby!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Defenses haven't caught on to Pederson's play calling yet. I expect teams with good defenses to be able to neutralize it later this season and it's back to the drawing board for him.
We'll see.

Or perhaps Pederson has a few tricks up his sleeve and might surprise you.

He didn't get this far by being stupid and sticking by a pig-headed game plan.
I think he'll adapt.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And yet, he wins again.

How does he do it?

His team won. Foles stunk up the field.

Defenses haven't caught on to Pederson's play calling yet. I expect teams with good defenses to be able to neutralize it later this season and it's back to the drawing board for him.

Falcons D definitely looked like they caught up. It was their putrid O that was the problem. Matt Ryan didn't look right. He looked like end of the career Manning with the lollipops he was throwing.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
His team won. Foles stunk up the field.

Falcons D definitely looked like they caught up. It was their putrid O that was the problem. Matt Ryan didn't look right. He looked like end of the career Manning with the lollipops he was throwing.
So I wasn’t the only one who noticed he had the arm strength of a high school QB.