Titans Fire Mike Mularkey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There's also a really interesting storyline forming here wrt the Browns... They need a QB desperately and pick first overall, but there's a super-elite RB sitting there they could really use too. With them sitting at 1 and 4 overall, and three QBs who might end up falling out in that top group, how will they approach it?

It's intriguing. Do they dare pass on their choice of QB, a choice that might equal a 10+ year playing career, for a rare RB who will undoubtedly at least boost their chances of winning in the short term?

I gotta say that as I watch film of Barkley, not to mention the way he interviews (kid has his head on straight), the answer might be yes.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
There's also a really interesting storyline forming here wrt the Browns... They need a QB desperately and pick first overall, but there's a super-elite RB sitting there they could really use too. With them sitting at 1 and 4 overall, and three QBs who might end up falling out in that top group, how will they approach it?

It's intriguing. Do they dare pass on their choice of QB, a choice that might equal a 10+ year playing career, for a rare RB who will undoubtedly at least boost their chances of winning in the short term?

I gotta say that as I watch film of Barkley, not to mention the way he interviews (kid has his head on straight), the answer might be yes.
Merlin,
Hmmm....an interesting conundrum to say the least. Actually truth be told I've been thinking about the Browns (Heh...for some unknown reason ) and I've also been wondering about this situation. What if the top 3 QBs grade out close to one another could the Browns take Barkley with first pick overall and then get their QB at #4?

I'm sure that would cause a lot of angst with the fans but really they might end up killing two birds with one stone.
This will be an interesting draft season.....can't wait to see how it plays out!

~ArkyRamsFan~

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

I like to utter a similar phrase when someone sneezes once and you 'bless them', then they sneeze a second time - I'll 'bless them' again however I will warn them that a third sneeze may end up being a curse. Haha

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

they HAVE to go QB ... a running back is a QBS best friend but if your QB doesnt scare the other team your guy is facing 8-9 men boxes ... and youre going no where in the run game (a la Gurley last year )

Browns have some serious draft capital .. if i was them .. id either sit at 1-4 and hope barkley falls...or try and find a way to nab that 2nd pick ... take your QB at 1 and barkley at 2 (im sure the giants wouldnt mind falling back to to 4 if they can pick up some 2 2nds and third )

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
they HAVE to go QB ... a running back is a QBS best friend but if your QB doesnt scare the other team your guy is facing 8-9 men boxes ... and youre going no where in the run game (a la Gurley last year )

Browns have some serious draft capital .. if i was them .. id either sit at 1-4 and hope barkley falls...or try and find a way to nab that 2nd pick ... take your QB at 1 and barkley at 2 (im sure the giants wouldnt mind falling back to to 4 if they can pick up some 2 2nds and third )

I agree fully with your logic UK. But then I watch Barkley's tape and I'm just floored by it. This dude is an ultra rare back. Franchise changing back IMO.

Also if you were to rank out these prospects on head bein screwed on straight, being good faces of the franchise, etc., he would be top 5.

He is an unreal prospect to my eye.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree fully with your logic UK. But then I watch Barkley's tape and I'm just floored by it. This dude is an ultra rare back. Franchise changing back IMO.

Also if you were to rank out these prospects on head bein screwed on straight, being good faces of the franchise, etc., he would be top 5.

He is an unreal prospect to my eye.
i honestly dont know much about him but Kizer isnt the answer IMO ....i think if the browns pass on Rosen or Darmold (after missing out on Wentz and Goff to an extent) and take the RB and mayfield who may be Johnny football 2.0 i think itll bite em in the ass or the media will

im the browns GM im taking a QB and letting the giants know im interested in the 2nd spot too

although feasibly the RB could be there at 4 the only worry would be indy ? taking the RB or someone trading up for him

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Didn't realize the Rams passed on Brown in that draft, as it's a bit before my time. You old bastid.

Before my time too so was the Civil War, but I can still communicate intelligently about it.;)