Tim Walton Out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
That doesn't exactly make me feel any better. I prefer someone that already has a proven track record. Those people are gone now.

You and I. since we know who's off the table, who do we have still available, is there a site that has this info?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Sorry, this a F'd up. I love that Walton is gone but the Rams messed up big time by waiting so long. :disappoint:
Yeah they have missed so much practice time

I think before we come to a conclusion like that ,we'd need to see which direction they go. I'm not really on board with either side of this ,I don't pretend that my perception of Walton ever was valid enough to decide if he was good or bad for this team.
I doubt Fisher has been dawdling on a decision and will await a more definitive outcome before making a judgement.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Posted a long time ago on the ESPN article... players didnt trust Cecil and basically said that other teams were playing chess while he was playing checkers
then Finnegan called him out saying something about he never changing his D scheme... even when the offense was ahead and they kept getting tape of what he was running...
i would pull up the source... but it's been years since i last saw it...
Well, I'll take your word for it. I don't wanna look it up either. lol.
Maybe Jeff's son Brandon is ready to make the leap to DC. :peek:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, I'll take your word for it. I don't wanna look it up either. lol.
Maybe Jeff's son Brandon is ready to make the leap to DC. :peek:
That could be really good or really bad. Could you imagine the shit storm that would follow if the D went belly up and Fish had to fire his son? Ouch!

F. Mulder

Starter
Well wait, doesn't Williams advocate a mandatory 15 yard cushion and no blitzing? Oh, never mind, I was think of Robin Williams. Seriously, get corners to play more press, don't be afraid to blitz anywhere, anytime, with anyone, and take your lumps when the offense beats you on it because they will. Williams isn't being brought in to give up obligatory 7 yard passes because nobody is even in the friggin screen they are so deep. This type of Defense will lead to more 1-1 match ups, more turnovers, and more of a Defense that tries to dictates, vs passive. However, these types of D's give up BIG plays when something goes wrong. I'm all for it. I've had enough of bleeding to death from paper cuts. To me it is a skill that exists, or can be taught, as well as a mindset (to me that is the bigger thing). I like it.

RamEERS

Pastor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That could be really good or really bad. Could you imagine the shyte storm that would follow if the D went belly up and Fish had to fire his son? Ouch!
yep... since we watched washington lose with joy last year... it could also happen to us if his son starts to do really bad as well....

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I can't wait to see some of the blitz packages Williams will use with our back 7 & what he can do with our front 4. He is a complete 180 from Walton; he'll be pressuring the QB constantly and will be playing the CBs up close to the WRs. Tru & Jenks are best suited in a scheme where they play man to man and don't have to worry about anything else. I also love the fact that Williams is a fiery coach who gets the most out of his players. The 2009 Saints featured Will Smith & Jonathan Vilma, but besides them you had a bunch of role players and a safety in his late 30s who was still producing (Sharper). That D definately overachieved in 2009, think of what he can do with one of the most talented defensive rosters in the league! And the Rams players already have familiarity with some of Williams' schemes because they originate from back when coach Fish & Williams worked together in Tennessee. I'm very excited! :woot::bigup::sly:

Good, I'm not sure if this answers all our problems on D but I do think it was more scheme than personnel which held us back.