Tim Walton Out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamEERS

Pastor
wow...

Fisher's buddy Schwartz is in Buffalo... however, i think his other buddy Gregg Williams is still out there

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
awww snap. Figures we wait too long to pick up schwartz. What's next?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Is this true? AHHHHH, a breath of fresh air just blew through Rams Nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS needed to happen in my opinion.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Maybe Schwartz does to BUF what Ryan did to us last year?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hope they promote from within, or get someone Fisher has *actually* worked with before.
Cecil comes to mind.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
If true, The writing was kind of on the wall when Fisher was more and more involved with the D play calling later in the season.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
If true, The writing was kind of on the wall when Fisher was more and more involved with the D play calling later in the season.
Agreed, but why wait so long to make it official? It seems that most of the big name DC's have jobs already.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Fisher will not take 100% control. Does this mean Mcginnis or another internal guy will take the reins?

RamEERS

Pastor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope they promote from within, or get someone Fisher has *actually* worked with before.
Cecil comes to mind.
Please no Cecil... i heard in a report once that he never changes his schemes and is very easy for opposing offense to read.... plus, fisher and cecil has worked together before and it didnt go so well

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, I don't think Fisher is the kind of HC that likes to have to babysit his coaches any time, much less on game day.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wow! :wow:

I guess there WAS some truth to Fisher taking over the D late last year.

V3

Hall of Fame
Sorry, this a F'd up. I love that Walton is gone but the Rams messed up big time by waiting so long. :disappoint:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Please no Cecil... i heard in a report once that he never changes his schemes and is very easy for opposing offense to read.... plus, fisher and cecil has worked together before and it didnt go so well
Where did you hear that? I know Fisher had to let him go in 2011, but prior to that the Titans were always a turnover machine on defense, and they played with lights out intensity. I mean, it could be true, but I never heard anything about a strained relationship between the two. And obviously he's had room to grow as a coach and a person since then.

I'm not lobbying for the guy, per se. I just hope they don't change things up too much (except the off-coverage).

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Wow! :wow:

I guess there WAS some truth to Fisher taking over the D late last year.
That surprised me as well, and I remember reading an article somewhere where Fisher was quoted as stating that he wasn't calling the plays.

Now if Finnegan walks, I'll breath easier knowing that current management is not afraid to admit their mistakes.

RamEERS

Pastor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Where did you hear that? I know Fisher had to let him go in 2011, but prior to that the Titans were always a turnover machine on defense, and they played with lights out intensity. I mean, it could be true, but I never heard anything about a strained relationship between the two. And obviously he's had room to grow as a coach and a person since then.

I'm not lobbying for the guy, per se. I just hope they don't change things up too much (except the off-coverage).

Posted a long time ago on the ESPN article... players didnt trust Cecil and basically said that other teams were playing chess while he was playing checkers
then Finnegan called him out saying something about he never changing his D scheme... even when the offense was ahead and they kept getting tape of what he was running...
i would pull up the source... but it's been years since i last saw it...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

I don't think you have to worry about that too much. I think this D is going to be coached to the strengths of its moving parts. Now, I'm thinking the draft strategy may be tweaked a bit depending on how strong a candidate is hired for DC. I like that because I think the "difference maker" label fits more D guys in the upcoming draft. Damn, this firing has gotten me pumped for next season's possibilities already!