This is where you flip Jimmy G to the Fins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They traded for Willis before their starter went down. So they traded for a back up.

In this case the Dolphins are desperate to find a starter. So they will have to give up more. Now as I stated earlier, at best you get back a 5th or 4th that can elevate a round or so if Garrapolo reaches certain performance levels, playoffs, etc...
I don’t think a fifth or sixth is worth it. If they could get a second or first then maybe, but if Stafford goes down and Bennett is the Qb for 3-6 games the season is likely over. Not worth it.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don’t think a fifth or sixth is worth it. If they could get a second or first then maybe, but if Stafford goes down and Bennett is the Qb for 3-6 games the season is likely over. Not worth it.
Yep. Jimmy is a perfect answer for them. They can plug his ass in there and go. Only thing might be him learning some shifted terminology but he knows all the mechanics of their scheme.

But he's also an excellent backup for us. So I wouldn't sell him cheaply. That would be quite stupid and if Stafford gets hurt after you move him for a 6th round pick the GM is gonna look like a dumbass.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Tano

Legend

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
In any event, it's a moot discussion as Tua plans on being back on the field this season

Harry Potter Idiot GIF

This is not a joke, Tua. I know you want to play, that you've played for most of your life...but this is your life at risk. One more concussion could cause a death on the field. You've had three severe concussions in the last three years. You have your millions. You don't have to prove anything to anyone.

Please, NFL, stop this. Step in, please, and force him to retire. I don't want to see a player die on the field from brain damage. It was horrifying enough to see Damar Hamlin nearly die.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah but 3 major concussions would be enough for me. Look at Willis who retired at 27.
Hey, I respect it (Willis was 29 btw), just as I respected Robert Smith for retiring without any major injury. Grown men making their own decisions. When they have had enough, they can walk away.

Tano

Legend
Hey, I respect it (Willis was 29 btw), just as I respected Robert Smith for retiring without any major injury. Grown men making their own decisions. When they have had enough, they can walk away.
I am still going to call Tua a dumbass but again that is just my opinion.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Young dudes making dumb decisions. Almost like it's a thing.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Steps in for what? His doctor cleared him.
Dying on the field? Oh the drama...

Dude, it would not be the first time a player has died on the field due to head trauma. Do you want something like Adam Johnson's death to happen, only in football this time? Do you understand that children will likely be watching?

It's not drama, it's not hysteria, it has fucking happened before, and with Tua having three severe concussions in less than three years that we know of, and with his reckless play on the field, it will happen again, this time on national fucking television.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I got a great idea.
How about we all just live our own lives?

It's none of anybody's goddamn business what Tua does or doesn't do.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude, it would not be the first time a player has died on the field due to head trauma. Do you want something like Adam Johnson's death to happen, only in football this time? Do you understand that children will likely be watching?

It's not drama, it's not hysteria, it has fucking happened before, and with Tua having three severe concussions in less than three years that we know of, and with his reckless play on the field, it will happen again, this time on national fucking television.
Then you should stop watching football. Like immediately.
Comparing a concussion to basically a murder is ridiculous.
Stop with the sensationalism, its pathetic. The NFL has incredibly rigid concussion protocols and for Tua to step on the field he'll have to be fully cleared. And when he is cleared, he can play. This over dramatization is just too much.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Stop with the sensationalism, its pathetic. The NFL has incredibly rigid concussion protocols and for Tua to step on the field he'll have to be fully cleared. And when he is cleared, he can play. This over dramatization is just too much.

When did I say that? When did I fucking say "murder"?! Don't put words in my fucking mouth when I haven't for you.

Concussions are linked to fucking brain damage. I'm not saying to stop football as a whole. I'm just saying, Tua and players whose brains are basically scrambled eggs should not be playing. Ever. He's had three severe concussions in less than three years along with fate knows how many "minor" concussions in that time. You're really willing to take that chance? This is someone's fucking life you're talking about so cavalierly, and that's what I find more disturbing than you accusing me of "pathetic sensationalism". It's called fucking empathy; maybe try it.

And stringent concussion protocols? I call horseshit on that. The NFL doesn't have them stringent enough when coaches take players out for a few plays, and then put them back in when they clearly can't play, when people like Harbaugh whine and blame other players for their players doing helmet-to-helmet collisions.

Do you really want something like THIS to happen on the field, only on the NFL? That will kill it, and that's admittedly the second - a very far second when it comes to the health of players - thing I'm worried about: a death on the field killing the NFL, and it will kill it like deaths have killed boxing, reduced it to a PPV sport that has all but gone the way of the dinosaur.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Stop with the sensationalism, it’s pathetic. The NFL has incredibly rigid concussion protocols and for Tua to step on the field he'll have to be fully cleared. And when he is cleared, he can play. This over dramatization is just too much.

Sorry, but that’s just dumb. And the analogy is grossly wrong, whether hyperbole or purposefully, I don’t know. Every sport enacts safety protocols and continues to enact new ones as more info is gleaned.

In boxing and MMA now, a bad KO gets you a six month mandatory medical shut down and then you have to get cleared after that. Is football so much less violent that the kinds of bad concussions Tua has had (loss of coordination, fencing posturing, decorticate posturing, loss of consciousness) pose less of a threat? Obviously not. And protecting a player from themselves is hardly sensationalist. Fighters are declared done (from a fight or from not clearing medical and having their license revoked) all the damn time… why? To protect the fighter from further harm.

Consider that NFL starting QBs are far more valuable to an organization by an order of magnitude than even the best paid fighter in the world is and if anything, teams and the NFL should be far MORE circumspect, not less.

I mean, even the gladiatorial sports don’t share your cavalier attitude towards this.

Tua will play again and he’ll get concussed again because he’s physiologically prone to them and had at least 3 major traumatic concussions already. The only question now is will he have a future as a remotely healthy person or go out like Mike Webster or Steve Gleason.

We have to get beyond these toxic beliefs that there is any virtue in beating the shit out of ourselves. There’s not. The fans don’t bear the brunt of these decisions, the families do and plenty of players find out that their bravado has cost their families, especially their wives and kids far more than they believed because they mistakenly believed that the toll will be light for them

It never is, tho, and it’s not soft or sensationalist to protect players, even and especially from themselves

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It is Tua's right to do as he pleases. He obviously loves the game. Hopefully he will learn how to slide and/or protect himself.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When did I say that? When did I fucking say "murder"?! Don't put words in my fucking mouth when I haven't for you.

Concussions are linked to fucking brain damage. I'm not saying to stop football as a whole. I'm just saying, Tua and players whose brains are basically scrambled eggs should not be playing. Ever. He's had three severe concussions in less than three years along with fate knows how many "minor" concussions in that time. You're really willing to take that chance? This is someone's fucking life you're talking about so cavalierly, and that's what I find more disturbing than you accusing me of "pathetic sensationalism". It's called fucking empathy; maybe try it.

And stringent concussion protocols? I call horseshit on that. The NFL doesn't have them stringent enough when coaches take players out for a few plays, and then put them back in when they clearly can't play, when people like Harbaugh whine and blame other players for their players doing helmet-to-helmet collisions.

Do you really want something like THIS to happen on the field, only on the NFL? That will kill it, and that's admittedly the second - a very far second when it comes to the health of players - thing I'm worried about: a death on the field killing the NFL, and it will kill it like deaths have killed boxing, reduced it to a PPV sport that has all but gone the way of the dinosaur.
Then read what YOU wrote.
You brought up Adam Johnson who was basically murdered.
Good god.
If football is too scary for you, watch a Disney movie or something.
And by the way “Tua” is a nickname