The vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Humility? So we want our starting QB to be a rabid dog, and our coaches and GM to be whipped dogs? They don't owe us shyte in the way of emotional or vocal expression. If anything, we owe them the courtesy of not being so viscerally reactive to every damn thing they do. When we win, they're great. When we lose, they're fatally flawed. Same with the players. If they do well, they're arriving. When they make mistakes, they're garbage.

Clemens can't throw, Quick is a mental reject, Schotty has no idea how to use players, Fisher is out of touch, Walton shouldn't even be a coach in any capacity, Richardson is a jag, Pead's a bust, Austin Davis is the savior, Zuerlein is Rackers incarnate, Tebow(wtf?) could win tons of games here, and Venturi is a genius. The Freak outta here with that noise. Yeah, we should be upset about losses. That's what fans do. But cut the shyte with the "I know what can fix this!" insanity. You don't know dick.

I stopped addressing your post after the first sentence, btw, so this isn't about *you*.

Well, I know what can fix some of this. A healthy knee. :wink:

And the thing about us rabid fans is that when we lose, we have to find ways to rationalize it. And when we can't...it becomes about who is at fault and how we can fix it.

The honest truth is if you take a look at Snead's last two drafts...there aren't a lot of people out there that would do better...even if I didn't love each and every pick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And the thing about us rabid fans is that when we lose, we have to find ways to rationalize it. And when we can't...it becomes about who is at fault and how we can fix it.
And therein lies the problem. I remember when they scrapped the last space shuttle launch due to malfunction during ignition. I walked right into NASA and told them to bridge the voltage across the nichrome igniters with a 30 microfarad capacitor and to fire the senior engineer because he has no clue how to use rockets. I think they put a plaque of me up in the command center.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And therein lies the problem. I remember when they scrapped the last space shuttle launch due to malfunction during ignition. I walked right into NASA and told them to bridge the voltage across the nichrome igniters with a 30 microfarad capacitor and to fire the senior engineer because he has no clue how to use rockets. I think they put a plaque of me up in the command center.

That's incredible, X. :bigup:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I didn't know you worked for NASA.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm not a Doctor,,, But I have been known to play Doctor when the opportunity presented itself.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
:sad: Dang it! Now the rams will have a 10-6 record.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I played high school football, so I am pretty sure I know all there is to know about Football at any level. What we need is to over react and fire everyone. Again. What could possibly go wrong. I do think this organization needs and exorcism as someone else mentioned in another threrad. Too many crazy things happen to this team. Bad juju baby. Since I am also an authority on these matters, I would be willing to perform this myself, if Stan will fly me out to the Lou (first class of course) and provide me with a sacrificail lam.....err, umm goat. I am also going to need some 30 weight ball bearings and some gauze pads.....and a case of Quaker State....wait, better make that Penzoil.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I was hoping someone would get that. I went off memory, so I know that isn't exactly right, haha. Great movie.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gentlemen...I'm just tired of being tired!

V3

Hall of Fame
Humility? So we want our starting QB to be a rabid dog, and our coaches and GM to be whipped dogs? They don't owe us shyte in the way of emotional or vocal expression. If anything, we owe them the courtesy of not being so viscerally reactive to every damn thing they do. When we win, they're great. When we lose, they're fatally flawed. Same with the players. If they do well, they're arriving. When they make mistakes, they're garbage.

Clemens can't throw, Quick is a mental reject, Schotty has no idea how to use players, Fisher is out of touch, Walton shouldn't even be a coach in any capacity, Richardson is a jag, Pead's a bust, Austin Davis is the savior, Zuerlein is Rackers incarnate, Tebow(wtf?) could win tons of games here, and Venturi is a genius. The Freak outta here with that noise. Yeah, we should be upset about losses. That's what fans do. But cut the shyte with the "I know what can fix this!" insanity. You don't know dick.

I stopped addressing your post after the first sentence, btw, so this isn't about *you*.

If some fans and analysts don't "know dick", why is it they were right about things like being more aggressive on D, playing Stacey earlier, player X was a bad pick, etc? You don't have to be an NFL coach to know what you're talking about. Conversely, NFL coaches aren't infallible. Some things you don't need to be in the locker room for or be an NFL "expert" to see they aren't working/going to work.

I haven't read this whole thread so I'm not sure if you're referring to specific posts or not but when I post, I try not to be so absolute in my opinions. I'm sure I sometimes fail in those regards but I'm always cognizant of the fact that I can't predict the future and I don't know everything. I try to frame my posts as my opinions and that I don't know anything for certain. That being said, some things can be predicted or seen from the outside, and as such, I don't feel it's really fair to discredit an opinion just because it goes against what the Rams are doing.

JMHO

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If some fans and analysts don't "know dick", why is it they were right about things like being more aggressive on D, playing Stacey earlier, player X was a bad pick, etc? You don't have to be an NFL coach to know what you're talking about. Conversely, NFL coaches aren't infallible. Some things you don't need to be in the locker room for or be an NFL "expert" to see they aren't working/going to work.

I haven't read this whole thread so I'm not sure if you're referring to specific posts or not but when I post, I try not to be so absolute in my opinions. I'm sure I sometimes fail in those regards but I'm always cognizant of the fact that I can't predict the future and I don't know everything. I try to frame my posts as my opinions and that I don't know anything for certain. That being said, some things can be predicted or seen from the outside, and as such, I don't feel it's really fair to discredit an opinion just because it goes against what the Rams are doing.

JMHO
No, I wasn't talking about anyone specifically. I read a lot of boards, so maybe that's part of the problem. But, that said, some of the comments on this one literally make me roll my eyes, and that's not a common thing around these parts. I'm also not suggesting that coaching decisions = infallibility.

There's also a difference between fans making a comment about being more aggressive, and the team actually being able to do it. If you're referring to the Seattle game, that was 100% situational. How do you NOT dial up heavy pressure against two backup tackles? In the secondary, it was business as usual. RCB playing press, LCB playing off, SAM and WIL giving intermediate zone coverage looks and occasionally blitzing, with the MIKE in charge of the short zone and A gap not covered by the NT in the over/under alignment in the run game. There was literally nothing different except for the fact that Seattle had a banged up O-line to exploit. See how it worked against Tennessee and a strong OL? I can almost guarantee it won't be the same against the Colts and their passing game too.

What bothers me is how the lack of knowledge about how these coaches scheme different opponents translates to them being morons because the execution failed. There's a shit load of experienced coaches on this staff who know what they're doing. Can they be wrong? Sure. But I'll never buy into the idea that fans see a game on TV, and after the fact know what it will take to stop an opponent or repeatedly score on an opponent. This team isn't built to play straight up man press coverage. Our corners aren't that physical, and our safeties aren't that experienced. They'll get torched (and they do). And on offense, you can see how the plays are designed to get guys open, but lack of execution (coupled with inexperience and lack of physicality in some cases) leads to unfavorable outcomes. Not to mention having a backup QB and no running game to speak of early on. Any fan can say "Play Stacy!" when all other options are exhausted, but he was really bad at blocking early on and was getting outplayed by Cunningham in preseason. You have to earn you way onto an NFL roster.

Anyway. Not trying to rant or anything. It's just that the constant railing on players and coaches after every loss is bothersome to me. I'd much prefer *posters* show some humility once in a while in lieu of demands that the coaches cowtail to our incessant demands. Opinions about how things could go differently if they did (this or that) is fine, and I enjoy those kinds of discussions. What puts me on the defensive immediately is when I have to read comments about how so-and-so is a garbage player, or how so-and-so coach has his head up his ass because he doesn't see things on an elementary level like fans do.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Anyway. Not trying to rant or anything. It's just that the constant railing on players and coaches after every loss is bothersome to me. I'd much prefer *posters* show some humility once in a while in lieu of demands that the coaches cowtail to our incessant demands. Opinions about how things could go differently if they did (this or that) is fine, and I enjoy those kinds of discussions. What puts me on the defensive immediately is when I have to read comments about how so-and-so is a garbage player, or how so-and-so coach has his head up his ass because he doesn't see things on an elementary level like fans do.
Eventhough we're dealing with off-season expectations that have been crushed pretty hard, I actually think we do a pretty good job here of self-regulating, and credit goes to the loyalty inherent in all the fans that frequent this site, to the moderators, and to X. I don't visit any of the other sites, so my only frame of reference is what I read here, but based on that I don't think anyone here should be beating themselves up over the general tone of comments and content.