The Rise of LASED.........

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Oh yeah, it'll be loud. People think LA crowds aren't intense because they can be fickle, but a big game, or playoffs? They'll blow the roof off the place. I remember Staples Center during the Kings run, deafening.

Good to hear, but I really meant acoustically?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Good to hear, but I really meant acoustically?
The clear membrane roof (ETFE) is fairly flexible, meaning any low frequency noise will just escape into the sky. Higher frequency noises (screaming people) will have a better chance of being reflected back into the stadium, but the ETFE manufacturer's website says it's 70% acoustically transparent, so I think a lot of noise will still escape thru the roof.
The precast concrete bowl is another matter, and as most screaming will be directed towards the field I expect you'll get a lot of noise bouncing around the bowl. Arrowhead has no roof at all yet is one of the loudest stadiums on earth.
So I don't think LASED will be as ear splitting as Qwest or Superdome, which have solid roofs, but I think we can at least get as loud as Arrowhead or better with maybe 25% - 30% contribution from the ETFE roof.

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
Found this on Twitter... I've been wondering what the support structure for the corner (lower left of pic) looked like from above. Well, I guess it's a diamond pattern.

D9T2xbOU4AAZeX5.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
What does LASED mean?
Los Angeles Sports and Entertainment District. It’s the name for the entire complex at least until naming rights are sold. Oh I think unofficially they at an at Hollywood Parks on it too.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are hiring big time right now on a local radio advertisement. They had an in person job fair and now it's online applications. I think they need 3,000 workers and they don't care what skill level you have and learn while you earn.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are hiring big time right now on a local radio advertisement. They had an in person job fair and now it's online applications. I think they need 3,000 workers and they don't care what skill level you have and learn while you earn.

that doesn't sound promising for a quality build.

Ram65

Legend

Thanks for the videos. This really is a massive undertaking. I'm getting more perspective of the scale as the project adds pieces. This is going to be some testament to the Stan, The Rams and the SoCal area.

Last edited: