The Rise of LASED.........

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I for one don't find it stupid at all. Neither do the fans around me at every game. They seem to be into it quite a bit. As a matter of fact you hear it constantly outside the game (fan initiated), in the tailgating lots, the gate entrances, the concourses, and even sometimes outside in bars, at rally's etc.... Also, we HOPE that visiting teams will try to plug their teams name into the chant! Their teams name will be drowned out by ours and it'll just make it sound louder!
It doesn’t bother me but let’s be honest. If the Rams pushed a different one you’d hear it chanted instead.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I for one don't find it stupid at all. Neither do the fans around me at every game. They seem to be into it quite a bit. As a matter of fact you hear it constantly outside the game (fan initiated), in the tailgating lots, the gate entrances, the concourses, and even sometimes outside in bars, at rally's etc.... Also, we HOPE that visiting teams will try to plug their teams name into the chant! Their teams name will be drowned out by ours and it'll just make it sound louder!

TRUTH !!!

Preach it Brudda.

I love the Rams House Chant. We had a great time with it that night before the Super Bowl in Downtown ATL. It's awesome.

Most every team in the league has a little something like this that is unique and usually screamed out during games. We were missing that... Thank God we finally came up with this. It's ours and ours alone. It's a shit load of fun to scream it out during the games... if people haven't been there to do it... they just won't understand it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

It's bound to happen at some point and it's going to piss me off to hear it, especially since I have been thinking/worrying about it happening.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
It's bound to happen at some point and it's going to piss me off to hear it, especially since I have been thinking/worrying about it happening.
This is at least the third year of the chant, can't remember if we did it in '16. When I look around at opposing fans at the game I see them smile, smirk, grimace.... what I don't see is them do is yell "Saints House!!". If some did, it would be just that... a handful or few, not anything remotely close to enough to make a difference. You and the masses will still here "RAMS HOUSE". It would be like me going to a Jets game and chiming in R-A-M-S during their theme song.... it would be in vain...LOL. Now.... that's not to say opposing fans won't do their teams thing. The Eagles fans were pretty loud with their fly eagles fly crap back in '17 at the Coliseum.

It doesn’t bother me but let’s be honest. If the Rams pushed a different one you’d hear it chanted instead.
I disagree whole heatedly. The ONLY place I hear peeps complain about the chant is here and RFU. I've not heard ONE single fan at the game say.."Oh that's fucking lame" not even opposing fans! Now yeah... that doesn't mean it can't be replaced by something else if it takes hold.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Some 'Hawks fans, near us at the game... Responding to the "who's house..." all replied, it was (Pete) Carroll's house... Being the colisieum and all...

They were drowned out.. :doh:

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
Looks like they've started jacking up the roof...

View attachment 31208
View attachment 31209
If you look carefully you'll notice that the top cables don't have enough slack in them to allow the bottom cables to become horizontal. I believe the roof panels will be bolted to the top of the roof columns then the top cables will become dispensable. I believe the top cables will be removed at that point.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
If you look carefully you'll notice that the top cables don't have enough slack in them to allow the bottom cables to become horizontal. I believe the roof panels will be bolted to the top of the roof columns then the top cables will become dispensable. I believe the top cables will be removed at that point.
Nah, I think they're both going to be like "bow strings". The top cables will remain to hold the posts vertically, in case of shear / horizontal seismic forces. Both will be curved; the bottom cables can't be horizontal -- there would have to be so much tension in them to be horizontal over that span supporting that much weight that I don't think it's physically possible.
There will be trusses spanning between the support point on top of the posts, which in turn will support the ETFE membrane. Anyway, in one of the earlier renderings posted, you can still see the top cables. They're just below the beams that will support the trusses, so they're kind of hard to see.
There's a lot of "tensegrity" voodoo in this structure; some of it doesn't make sense, but if you google that word you'll see some pretty crazy structures / sculptures that don't look physically possible. That said our new building is going to be pretty spectacular, from a design & engineering stand point.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
"DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
Nah, I think they're both going to be like "bow strings". The top cables will remain to hold the posts vertically, in case of shear / horizontal seismic forces. Both will be curved; the bottom cables can't be horizontal -- there would have to be so much tension in them to be horizontal over that span supporting that much weight that I don't think it's physically possible.
There will be trusses spanning between the support point on top of the posts, which in turn will support the ETFE membrane. Anyway, in one of the earlier renderings posted, you can still see the top cables. They're just below the beams that will support the trusses, so they're kind of hard to see.
There's a lot of "tensegrity" voodoo in this structure; some of it doesn't make sense, but if you google that word you'll see some pretty crazy structures / sculptures that don't look physically possible. That said our new building is going to be pretty spectacular, from a design & engineering stand point.

You are correct. They're going to leave both top and bottom cables. When they first attached the spires to the top cable, there was a noticeable sag in the cables. This sag (or slack) was needed for when they attached the bottom cables and started tightening those up. Once they started tightening the bottom cables, that in turn pushed the top cables upward. Now they have a curved roof to which they can attach the ETFE roofing.

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD

Respectfully, I disagree. I don't see the top cables in this rendering. What I see is that the framework for the ETFE panels making up the top lattice.
Roof.jpg

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Respectfully, I disagree. I don't see the top cables in this rendering. What I see is that the framework for the ETFE panels making up the top lattice.View attachment 31216
I think they'll still be there, you can still see a faint line in the upper right corner below the framework.

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
I think they'll still be there, you can still see a faint line in the upper right corner below the framework.
I guess we'll see when they get there. I'm looking forward to seeing some roof panels go on.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Report: NFL Owners Want Players to Fund Part of $2.5B Needed for New LA Stadium
TYLER CONWAY186

INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA - OCTOBER 10: A fan takes a selfie photo with the Los Angeles Chargers cheerleaders in the background at the PepsiCo SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park Partnership Inaugural Tailgate Celebration on October 10, 2019 in Inglewood, California.  (Photo by Rich Polk/Getty Images for PepsiCo)

Rich Polk/Getty Images

NFL owners reportedly want to offset the rising costs of SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, which has seen its cost balloon to an estimated $5 billion, by asking the players to offset some of those costs in collective bargaining agreement talks.

Dan Patrick said on his eponymous radio show Wednesday:
"The league is proposing that maybe they give players 49 percent of the revenue, but they want to use the extra money they get—the percentage [point] is about $150 million I was told—they want the players to then help finance the Los Angeles stadium. We'll give you 49 percent of the revenue, but we want to use 2 percent of that revenue—so $300 million over the next couple years—to help the stadium."
Dan Patrick Show@dpshow
DP heard from a source that old school owners don't want 17 games and they're having problems with LA stadium https://t.co/LDK3PIBezj

Originally projected at a $2.5 billion price tag, SoFi Stadium has seen its cost rise precipitously ahead of its 2020 opening. Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, which owns the Rams, is privately financing the stadium.

Patrick notes that it's unlikely that the players would agree to any CBA in which they help finance a stadium. Ownership was entirely responsible for approving the plan, along with the Rams and Chargers relocating to Los Angeles. SoFi will be the home for the two L.A. franchises.

Players currently receive 47 percent of revenue under the CBA signed in 2011. That deal is due to expire after next season, but the two sides have been in negotiations about striking a potential compromise early. Patrick said owners have targeted Thanksgiving as their preferred date, which would give them a united front going into renegotiations of the league's television deals, which are also nearing their conclusions.

Owners have also been pushing for an additional regular-season game and/or an expansion of the playoffs as a way to generate revenue. Given there has been no formal agreement on any of these tentpole issues, these goals seem particularly unlikely.

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2858427-report-nfl-owners-want-players-to-fund-part-of-25b-needed-for-new-la-stadium