The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Thanks IE ! My sons got tickets and will be going - should be a good game.
Cool! They must be stoked. Hope they get to see a Melbourne repeat performance.

2:45 am Kickoff up here—of course you don’t know a thing about wonky kickoff times, do you, TK? :p

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Huge WC qualifying game starting up in about a half hour: Ukraine at Scotland. The winner goes to play Wales to see ho’s gonna be in the US, England and Iran group.

It would be cool if Scotland won to possibly distract England to our advantage, wishful thinking probably, but then again, it’s hard not to pull for Ukraine.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
:laugh4: My dudes, get it, but it’s only because of my boy Pulisic. Send him back to Germany or wherever and the Blues are in my rearview
So now that I’ve been seeing more and more rumors of Pulisic leaving Chelsea, I’m now finding myself thinking it’s time to settle on an EPL club to follow once and for all. I have a couple in mind, whom I’ll keep to myself for now, but let’s hear from you all. Who do you suggest?

A couple conditions though:

1) It can be any EPL club from 2021-22 not named Liverpool or Man U, including any who have been relegated, or any newly-promoted for 2022-23.
2) It can’t be your club.

Let’s hear it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Turner looked pretty good out there tonight against Morocco.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
So now that I’ve been seeing more and more rumors of Pulisic leaving Chelsea, I’m now finding myself thinking it’s time to settle on an EPL club to follow once and for all. I have a couple in mind, whom I’ll keep to myself for now, but let’s hear from you all. Who do you suggest?

A couple conditions though:

1) It can be any EPL club from 2021-22 not named Liverpool or Man U, including any who have been relegated, or any newly-promoted for 2022-23.
2) It can’t be your club.

Let’s hear it.

Well if it can't be the newly promoted Nottingham Forest ... may I suggest Southampton -- a mate of mine is a big fan and they are a good club.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Well if it can't be the newly promoted Nottingham Forest ... may I suggest Southampton -- a mate of mine is a big fan and they are a good club.

Thx, but can’t do that. I sorta have a soft spot for Pompey.

This is gonna be fun, innit?

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s difficult for me to recommend a team based on footballing reasons as I don’t like any other team so I’m going to give you two based on non-footballing reasons.

The first is Fulham as they once had a Michael Jackson statue outside the stadium (as you can see below)

24E8D0CC-18E1-4EEB-87E2-A1AD4EA16727.jpeg

He also once visited during a game:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8G9vzQw3cI

The other is Brentford due to the fact the old stadium Griffin Park had a pub on every corner of the ground. Details for you below:

If either of the reasons above don’t sway you then I’m not sure what will.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
TK, Oz playing Peru on the 13th for a WC seed.

Hopes? Expectations? Peru is always tough and physical. What’s the word Down Under?

Pokitren

UDFA
Name
Tom
It’s difficult for me to recommend a team based on footballing reasons as I don’t like any other team so I’m going to give you two based on non-footballing reasons.

The first is Fulham as they once had a Michael Jackson statue outside the stadium (as you can see below)

View attachment 54494

The other is Brentford due to the fact the old stadium Griffin Park had a pub on every corner of the ground. Details for you below:

Your ways of picking teams are worthy of respect! :thumbsup1:

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
2026 WC host cities announced. Not that Sofi is much of a surprise, but now it's official.

Eleven US cities, three Mexican, two Canadian

JakeRamUk

UDFA
Name
Jake Spicer

View attachment 54494

I loved griffin park - such a good away day (although we never got a result)

And as much as ours and Fulham’s rivalry has got a bit spicier due to Parker over the last year. Craven cottage is a phenomenal ground, and a great experience. And Fulham generally has been a friendly place to go. There’s not many places where home and away fans mix in the concourse.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Arsenal has been doing some very good business this transfer window. Excited to see what comes of it and think there's at least one more signing with 2 or 3 guys likely to leave.