The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’ll pay for the house up there won’t it?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chelsea blows a 2-0 lead and United down 4-0 to Brighton

Today is a good day

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As a former keeper I feel for that kid back there at Leeds. Never had that kind of error and now he's likely to get battered being down a man and lucky he's not down to with Rappino going ape shit on the ref.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
County's European dream is over. We continue our glorious record of never having beaten Rangers in our 93-year history.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn’t worry about it, Europe’s not all that’s it’s cracked up to be anyway.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Looks like they caught him. A member from the Forest forum I post on has started a go fund me page - spoke to Billy's agent and now they have over £10,000 to go to Billy's charity of choice Martin House Children's hospice.

At least something good has come from what was a disgraceful act from one moron.

Also highlights what a class act Billy Sharp is.

Nottingham Forest fans in heartwarming Billy Sharp gesture after City Ground incident

A Just Giving page has been launched “to show our condemnation as Forest fans” for the incident which occurred at the end of Tuesday night’s play-offs semi-final. So far, £2,600 has been raised, far exceeding the initial target.

Sharp, who had a loan spell with the Reds earlier in his career, needed stitches after being “assaulted” amid the celebrations at the City Ground. He was knocked to the ground as a large number of Forest fans ran on to the pitch after Steve Cooper’s side triumphed in the penalty shootout to book their place at Wembley.

Read more: One senseless action shouldn't tarnish Forest as fans show support for Billy Sharp

Read more: Riverside views and St Andrew's sadness mark out best and worst Forest away days

The Just Giving page was set up with the target of raising £500 “to donate to the charity of Billy’s choice”. More than 160 people have donated.

Nottinghamshire Police have said a man has been arrested “after a footballer was assaulted on the pitch” at the end of Tuesday night’s game. And Sharp posted a message on social media on Wednesday morning.

He wrote on Twitter: “One mindless idiot ruined what was an unbelievable night of football.

“Congratulations to Nottingham Forest on their victory and good luck in the final. As an ex Forest player I will not let one scumbag ruin my respect for the Forest fans.

“Incredibly proud to be captain of this group of Sheffield United players, they gave their all and can hold their heads up high. We will be back and go again. Thanks for all your messages and support after the incident.”

A statement from Nottinghamshire Police said: “An investigation was quickly launched following the incident at the City Ground and Nottinghamshire Police is continuing to liaise with both clubs as enquiries continue.

“Chief Inspector Paul Hennessy, of Nottinghamshire Police, said: ‘A 31-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault in connection with this incident. He remains in custody and will be questioned by officers.

“‘Our enquiries into the circumstances surrounding the incident are ongoing. We have spoken to the player concerned and we are working with both clubs who are supporting us with our investigation.’”

A statement from Forest, made before the arrest, said: “Nottingham Forest Football Club are appalled to learn that our former player, Billy Sharp, was assaulted leaving the pitch after tonight’s match at The City Ground.

“The Club will work with the authorities to locate the individual in order they are held to account for their actions, which will include a life ban from Nottingham Forest.

“The Club would also like to apologise to Billy personally and to Sheffield United Football Club.”

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have you seen there is a vid of the Sheff U player McBurnie stamping on a forest fan? He’s a scumbag as well, if he wasn’t a footballer he’d be in the nick for sure.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Yes saw that -- not a good look.

Always have more sympathy for the players in that situation, the Forest fan should not have been out there but there was no need for McBurnie to stomp him when he has fallen over.

Heckingbottom's forceful push of the ball into Djed Spence in the first half may have been a catalyst for much of the later antagonism - it was totally unnecessary and he was lucky not to have seen red.

View: https://twitter.com/F1avs/status/1526645797202321408?s=20&t=pbIDigTcF9t6hSg2qMeQ3A

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is City actually going to give the league away on the final day like this?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
English football starting to look as predictable as the Bundesliga, only difference is that they're mostly backed by billionaire sugardaddies and sportswashing entities

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I was hoping City would blow it but AV broke down in the defending 3rd. 2nd goal Rodri I think was set up beautifully.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Three goals in what five minutes? They did their best before pulling their head out.
Jesus Christ that comeback. Fucking crazy. Happy for em. I’ve always had a soft spot for them cuz I‘ e always hated Man U. Nice way to stick it to Liverpool, gutting them like a lot they did to Man U 10 years ago.

Last edited: