The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Problem is, this guarantees other clubs don't have a chance to shine in the top flight due to financial stratification from big clubs. Say goodbye to any hopes of teams like Leicester winning the title; at least they had a shot under the current status quo.

Glad the Bayern and Dortmund announced their opposition to the Super League so far, we'll see how that goes though.
German clubs are different they're majority owned by the fans in public holding IIRC. Their fans will never allow this and the non fan owners don't have the authority to make the change (yet).

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
German clubs are different they're majority owned by the fans in public holding IIRC. Their fans will never allow this and the non fan owners don't have the authority to make the change (yet).

Yep, the Bundesliga 50+1 rule gives fans a stronger say compared to the rest of European clubs

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'm done with football at that level. I would always watch big games but not any more. I'm just glad my club are no where near ever qualifying for europe.

The team I now live closest to are a tiny club who have spent the pandemic delivering meals to local families who have been struggling to get by. I'll be watching them when I cant see my own team now, they deserve my support far more than Merseyside Reds and London Whites.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get your point yrba1 but the fact is Leicester winning the league was a bit of a fluke. They deserved it don’t get me wrong but no one saw it coming. The top teams in England pretty much have a monopoly on the Champions league and the riches it brings. It’s already really difficult for the other teams to compete, granted this proposal will make it even tougher. As I said though football has been going this way for years not sure why anyone would be surprised by this.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3EF5E7F2-2162-4A78-8DCF-309D7C70E824.jpeg
E907D448-9784-47C0-AF06-235D5A20FCBE.jpeg
077C1E9B-F634-4C8A-B773-27D3F9A8DBB0.jpeg
D6D72A28-0FDE-4560-9A39-2C00A8C99273.jpeg

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Looks like the plan is now dead in the water. Tremendous news.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Forest claimed a last minute draw this morning v Birmingham.

Championshiptablebottom.jpg

Derby are having a horrendous finish to the season. Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham (with two games in hand) and Wycombe still have a chance to stay up. Should be an interesting finish.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think it's coincidence that you can't spell Arsenal Fan without the word ARSE. My goodness I'm embarrassed as much by my fellow Gooners as the team itself.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They only lost 2-1, was it that bad?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They only lost 2-1, was it that bad?
They should have lost 3 or 4 to nil and the fans are just imploding. With that and other recent performances plus Kroenke being one of the big guys behind the Super League it's in meltdown mode in north London.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was born on the wrong continent. I'd be at matches every day of the week regardless of league level and just loving life.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I seemed to have missed something. It looks like Liverpool went to Portland to play ManU and not to Manchester with all the idiot protestors.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
There are 3 things guaranteed in life:

Death
Taxes
Bayern winning the Bundesliga

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
C5188345-A9F7-40F1-88F3-D05961E96DA8.jpeg
622CB61E-B979-4C70-89CF-8BA4B560959F.jpeg

So nice to have a day out yesterday and a little bit of normality. Chuffed my local non-league side won the FA Trophy as well, what a performance from Hornchurch. Come on you Urchins!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
UEL stands for Unai Emery League, he always won that league minus his time with Arsenal

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
UEL stands for Unai Emery League, he always won that league minus his time with Arsenal
He’s done very well in that competition with Spanish teams and Spanish speaking players. Not as well in Europe competitions for Arsenal or PSG.