The Official ROD Football (Soccer) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

View: https://twitter.com/martynziegler/status/1622566005074456576

Discussions seem to be centered around a fine and point deductions though there's a long list of things they can supposedly do including the red pill extreme kick them down a level which I doubt happens.

Wet dream scenario would be City facing caciopoli sanctions where they would get relegated by the end of the season regardless of points accumulated followed by rescinding points based on past seasons where they violated FFP rules, nullifying their past PL titles and a two season transfer ban would be the icing on the cake.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
MLS starts this week. Since it has moved to Apple I will be able to see a lot more of it, I will try to give it a proper shot this season.

Think I might keep an eye on St Louis in particular as a new expansion club.

Does anyone here follow the league?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't really have a club to follow or that I've picked to follow. If it was on TV I'd watch it but with it being on Apple+ I don't foresee a lot of MLS viewing for me.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is super sub Adrian “inchy” Heath still managing out there?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great news! Saka has agreed in principal to an extension! Keeping one of the best wingers in the world at home is huge now on to Gabriel at CB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That might be the first time I've ever watched Arsenal hold Vardy without a goal.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't really have a club to follow or that I've picked to follow. If it was on TV I'd watch it but with it being on Apple+ I don't foresee a lot of MLS viewing for me.
I expect the decision to jump to apple for the most money will hurt the league's development. They're still a great investment I think, because soccer has a great product with two 45 minute windows with zero commercials. Enormous advantage for viewership IMO, it's just that you need more Americans to tune in and adjust to the sport a bit.

So moving to apple sort of works against that element for them. They should have waited a few more years and ride that wave of interest with the World Cup coming to the US. Seems like poor timing to me to go the greed route.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I expect the decision to jump to apple for the most money will hurt the league's development. They're still a great investment I think, because soccer has a great product with two 45 minute windows with zero commercials. Enormous advantage for viewership IMO, it's just that you need more Americans to tune in and adjust to the sport a bit.

So moving to apple sort of works against that element for them. They should have waited a few more years and ride that wave of interest with the World Cup coming to the US. Seems like poor timing to me to go the greed route.
Alternatively, it makes it much more accessible for international audiences. If they want to grow internationally then they need to get the product out there. This season I can watch it where previously I couldn't.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alternatively, it makes it much more accessible for international audiences. If they want to grow internationally then they need to get the product out there. This season I can watch it where previously I couldn't.
That is likely their target while hoping it doesn't hinder their domestic audience which I think it will.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The Staggies got a HUGE 4-0 win vs Dundee United today. 11th vs 12th with 12th place being relegated. We may just survive this season yet...

Huge result for the hammers too @HX76 were you at the game?

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
That is likely their target while hoping it doesn't hinder their domestic audience which I think it will.
Agreed they are in a difficult spot to try to grow both domestically and internationally at the same time.

The 2026 world cup is such an opportunity for Soccer in the US tho. If they miss that...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed they are in a difficult spot to try to grow both domestically and internationally at the same time.

The 2026 world cup is such an opportunity for Soccer in the US tho. If they miss that...
It's looking like the '26 US team will be relatively strong after their performance this past Cup and the age of the roster. I don't know enough about the European TV deals or setup but you have to wonder if there was another option they could have done to get more air time over there. Similar to the PL's deal with NBC.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Staggies got a HUGE 4-0 win vs Dundee United today. 11th vs 12th with 12th place being relegated. We may just survive this season yet...

Huge result for the hammers too @HX76 were you at the game?
Nope I try not to go to the bowl. Went to Spurs last week though, which was a disaster.

By the way the Tannadice tangerines are my Scottish side, awful result. The Arabs look doomed.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan

USMNT has an uphill battle to climb on if they want to reach heights beyond a Round of 16 exit and it starts with coaching and management overcoming the conceit of wanting to succeed strictly in their terms; gotta acknowledge overseas development in Europe offering better development by a longshot and avoid playing the politics of trying to meet the MLS quota with the bench. If Berholter is staying, he's gonna have to evolve beyond his comfort zone as a coach and start playing situational football better; his group stage performances at times were very leaky and we got lucky the opposition was either weaker or unlucky with their chances.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Watched the inaugural St Louis City game. A 3-2 win on the road with a peach of a winner in the 87th min. Austin then cracked the bar in the 90th min. A terrific game. Could get used to watching StL if they keep playing matches as entertaining as that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Today I learned CBS has some Scottish league games. Watching Rangers v Celtic atm.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope the bastards both lost.
Those green and white Celtic kits looks pathetic they're so bad. They look like a prison club kit where the prison's colors are green and white. I think they ended up winning though 2-1.