The NFL Free Agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Travis Benjamin - WR - Browns

NFL Network's Rand Getlin reports Travis Benjamin will sign with the Chargers when the new league year opens Wednesday afternoon.

The deal is believed to be for more than $6 million per season. That's high-end No. 2 receiver money, so Benjamin is doing pretty well for himself in an extremely weak free-agent receiver class. Benjamin will serve as the lid-lifter deep threat opposite Keenan Allen with Malcom Floyd now out of the picture and headed into retirement. The Falcons were also in on Benjamin.

Related: Chargers

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Travis Benjamin - WR - Browns

NFL Network's Rand Getlin reports Travis Benjamin will sign with the Chargers when the new league year opens Wednesday afternoon.

The deal is believed to be for more than $6 million per season. That's high-end No. 2 receiver money, so Benjamin is doing pretty well for himself in an extremely weak free-agent receiver class. Benjamin will serve as the lid-lifter deep threat opposite Keenan Allen with Malcom Floyd now out of the picture and headed into retirement. The Falcons were also in on Benjamin.

Related: Chargers

And now the Browns will need receivers and try to pull Marvin Jones or Sanu from the Bengals I bet. Not many WR options left for the Rams to chase.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Byron Maxwell - DB - Eagles

ESPN's Ed Werder reports the trade sending CB Byron Maxwell and WLB Kiko Alonso to the Dolphins is "considered dead."

The two teams also would be swapping first-round picks in the deal with the Eagles getting the Dolphins' No. 8 overall pick and Miami moving back to No. 13. It was pure highway robbery by Eagles GM Howie Roseman just to get Dolphins czar Mike Tannenbaum to take the contracts of Maxwell and Alonso, let alone moving up in the first round. It appears after a couple days of thought that Tannenbaum is possibly smartening up and getting out of this one. The reason the deal is on life support is allegedly the Dolphins' concern with Maxwell's shoulder.

Related: Dolphins, Kiko Alonso

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
[GALLERY=media, 51]Screenshot_2016-03-09-07-26-42 by BatteringRambo posted Mar 9, 2016 at 7:27 AM[/GALLERY]

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Is that what the Eagles got for the Trade!? IDK! I hope so!!:D

fearsomefour

Legend
Desperation after the Megatron retirement. No thanks. I don't want that guy for 8M+ per year.
Over paying and if the Rams sign a high level WR FA it really eliminates taking one in round one. You are only going to have so many WR on the field. If a FA WR is signed to start, that gives you FA, Britt and Austin on the field a lot....I am not draft a WR in the first round to be the 4th WR. Unless it is designed to replace Britt in a year.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

View: https://twitter.com/dailynewsvinny/status/707583319018381312

Gonna lose McLeod too? Thought resigning our guys was a priority?

giphy.gif

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I guess LA isn't the huge draw after all...

A part of me thinks that having fisher as our coach can't be that attractive to free agents. Ya he just signed an extension but they know he's another losing season away from being fired. Maybe I'm making too much out of that but I don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.