The NFL Free Agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Why the Eagles? They have Bradford and Sanchez. I guess this would all but reduce the chance they draft a QB. But you would think he would go somewhere with the chance to compete to start.
They'll cut Sanchez and have Danels and a rookie fight it out behind Bradford. It gives them flexibility in case they want to go elsewhere with the pick at 8. I ser it as good news because it means Lynch might still be on the board when we pick (I think we have to kind of assume Wentz and Goff are gone to Cleveland and San Fran or anyone else who trades up to get them).

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Someone must f$#%*ng love LA

image.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
rumor has it eagles are getting the 8th pick and a 4th rounder for Maxwell, kiko, and the 13th. could be bad for rams QB chances if the eagles go that route

Even better, we can jump the Eagles and the 49ers in one foul swoop.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Former Jets' RB Chris Ivory is expected to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars when new league year begins, per league source.

Jaguars will be a force to be reckon with this year.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Word is the broncos stopped negotiations with the Brock after he rejected their offer of $45m over 3 years. Doesn't seem like they are willing to overpay. The texans are ready to swoop in and throw away their money.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Former Jets' RB Chris Ivory is expected to sign with the Jacksonville Jaguars when new league year begins, per league source.

Jaguars will be a force to be reckon with this year.

kinda thought they were good at hb with yeldon and shoelace....guess not though

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Adam Vinatieri, age 43, has signed a 2 year contract extension with Colts worth $6 million.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
2 teams making strongest push for former Denver LB Danny Trevathan are Chicago and Atlanta.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Some people are getting scared about the lack of ram FA movement. IMO the silence shouldn't be all that surprising. I think it is really quiet on the Rams FA front because the Rams dont have LA reporters who are really plugged in yet. The best we have based in LA is Vinny and I don't trust him yet. Wagoner is still based in STL and Jim Thomas has other priorities now. I think we will get a clearer picture once some LA reporters get more plugged in to the Rams

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
While its tempting to overreact to the lack of news re the Rams, you have to remember that the teams that tend to make big splashes in free agency also tend to be the ones that struggle to ever actually get any better come September. The Dolphins do this every year but they never seem to actually improve as a result of it.

The media are pointing to the Broncos as an example of a team built on free agency but for every 2015 Broncos there are lord knows how many examples where that doesn't work. More often than not, the only thing it achieves is mediocrity and regular coaching/front office changes.

Let's see what happens today (its already Wednesday in the old world) and if we lose all of our free agents then you have my permission to panic but, until then, we need to have faith in Snisher and Demoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.