The NFL Free Agency thread part 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Not sure about trash, there isn't any prospects that really strike you as wow he could be a great WR. But there are at least a dozen that would be good #2 or 3 WR's. Not a great class because of the lack of dominant play makers though.
We need Dominant. Only 4wr I want. Doctson, Thomas, Fuller and Treadwell

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
We need Dominant. Only 4wr I want. Doctson, Thomas, Fuller and Treadwell
We need quality at WR/TE/QB IMO. And how can you want Fuller with his wonderful ability to not catch the ball.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I meant boyd not fuller. But those are only 4. They all will be gone by the time we pick in round 2.
I think only Treadwell and Doctson will be but we'll see what happens in a couple weeks.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not at all a fan of Whitner. I'd rather see Joyner, Alexander, or Davis at safety.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Not at all a fan of Whitner. I'd rather see Joyner, Alexander, or Davis at safety.
Agree. Whitner is an aging and declining player, we have better options on the roster.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Plus I'd rather they spend their resources on Boldin or a WR that becomes available later.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
My guess is that they REALLY want a punishing defense this year.

They are certainly building a meat grinder of a D...

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Whitner brings physicality to this defense, which is always a good thing. We also needed a replacement at safety for McLeod whether it be it from inside or outside the organization.

Snisher has seen a lot of Joyner, Alexander, and Davis. If they think the current replacement is not in-house and instead favour Whitner - or they want to move an in-house player to FS and then use Whitner to fill their gap - I trust them. Defensive backs are the one area I defer to their judgement completely. Whitner has the pedigree having been to multiple Pro Bowls. His form was only so-so last year but coming from Cleavland that doesn't spook me too much. If Snisher think he can excel in our system I am satisfied.

I don't mind him being an older player. We've been the youngest team in the NFL for 4 seasons now. And we just lost Long, Laurinaitis, and Cook. If anything, adding a capable veteran is a boon for this team.

The only things that might have me a bit upset are the money and number of years on the contract. I'll reserve judgement until I see those.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams lost some valuable experience in the secondary with the departures of Jenkins(4 yrs) and McLeod(4 yrs).

Sensabaugh(4 yrs), Tru J(3 yrs), TJ Mac(3yrs), Gaines, Joyner, Roberson, Alexander etc...
I for one would welcome a veteran presence like Whitner on the field, in the film room, locker room, training camp.

Of course, if it came down to making a choice between adding Whitner or Boldin i'm taking the latter.