The NFL Free Agency thread part 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
First one is getting a little crowded. Let's update shall we?

1. Brock Osweiler signs 4 year $72 million deal with Texans

2. Matt Forte signs with Jets

3. Lamar Miller signs with Texans

4. Damon Harrison signs with Giants

5. Mark Barron resigns with Rams

Anything else?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Hmm I could have sworn there was one more.... oh yeah Will Hayes is an LA Ram baby!!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Olivier Vernon - DL - Dolphins
NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reports the Jaguars and Giants are the "two most serious" contenders for free agent DE Olivier Vernon.

Darlington calls talks "fluid and ongoing." Arguably the top player left on the open market, Vernon should find a new home some time in the next few hours.
Related: Jaguars, Giants

Source: Jeff Darlington on Twitter
Mar 9 - 3:43 PM

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Giants are going hard this offseason

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Brent Grimes - DB - Free Agent
Dolphins released CB Brent Grimes.

The move saves the Dolphins $6.5 million against the cap. After acquiring CB Byron Maxwell and his $9.7 million cap number from the Eagles, it was necessary for the Dolphins to cut Grimes. We're not sure there's much of a difference between the two, and Grimes may actually still be the better player despite turning 33 this summer. Grimes should land on his feet with a 2-3 year deal.
Related: Dolphins

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter
Mar 9 - 3:50 PM

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Coby Fleener - TE - Colts
CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Saints are interested in free agent Coby Fleener.

Per La Canfora, the Saints had been pursuing Ladarius Green, but he's expected to sign with the Steelers. Fleener is the kind of pure pass catching tight end that's had great success under Asshole Face and Drew Brees. He'd be firmly on the TE1 radar in New Orleans.
Related: Saints

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter
Mar 9 - 3:46 PM

was hoping this would be one of the rams targets but no interest shown so far.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
images

Green Flag, Green Flag!!!! And the 2016 NFL Year has begun!!!!
:football::yess:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So, Denver loses Peyton to retirement and doesn't sign Osweiler........Daniel is gone......and they had interest in Keenum? Who is left?

Is Fitzpatrick going to Denver?

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I wouldn't hate seeing a trade from the Cowboys for Tre Mason either.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I was initially upset about not signing jenkins because I didnt know where else theyd spend that money, but nvm i guess. We are dishing out CASH for our 2 guys so far

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, Denver loses Peyton to retirement and doesn't sign Osweiler........Daniel is gone......and they had interest in Keenum? Who is left?

Is Fitzpatrick going to Denver?
This makes the most sense at this point. Better then Manning and they have pretty much the same defense.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This makes the most sense at this point. Better then Manning and they have pretty much the same defense.

But instead of continuing to develop Osweiler they will be in a bidding war for Fitzpatrick who is what? 31? He is a bit more like Elway than the rest of them I guess. Funny because didn't Brandon Marshall start in Denver........now he and Fitzy unite in New York and Ryan ends up with Marshalls original team? Crazy. Most feel that Fitz Greatly benefitted from Brandon Marshalls presence in New York.

Maybe they end up making a trade for someone like Bradford, or Tyrod Taylor? Glennon?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Ryan Fitzpatrick - QB - Free Agent
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets have "kept things at arm's length" with free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick.

FitzMagic must be asking for way more than Gang Green is comfortable shelling out. With Brock Osweiler and Chase Daniel both off the board, Fitzpatrick is in a commanding position as by far free agency's best quarterback. He still seems most likely to ultimately re-sign with the Jets.
Related: Jets

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 9 - 4:05 PM

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Former Falcons DE Jonathan Massaquoi has signed with the Chiefs according to Rand Getlin on twitter.
Also, Doug Martin stays in Tampa Bay and da Bears sign LB Danny Trevathan per Rapoport.

Psycho_X

Legend
Thank god on Barron and Hayes, I feel a little better now. Barron was the number 1 guy I wanted to keep behind Tru. The deal was a little higher than I expected but I'm ok with it as long as his production remains the same as last year. Hayes at $7 mil per year is a really good price as well. And lets remember max contracts are rarely what they seem. Most don't see the whole deal and are usually full of incentives for older players like Hayes.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
49ers not interested in trading Kaepernick
6530.jpg

Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports the 49ers are not interested in trading Colin Kaepernick.

Kaepernick is reportedly the Broncos "backup plan" after Brock Osweiler signed with the Texans, but the 49ers are remaining resolute in their desire to keep the troubled quarterback around. It may just be a negotiating ploy, but it looks like the Broncos will have to pay a pretty penny to pry Kaepernick away. The good news for San Francisco is Denver is likely desperate.
Source: Jason Cole on Twitter
Mar 9 - 3:35 PM

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Former Falcons DE Jonathan Massaquoi has signed with the Chiefs according to Rand Getlin on twitter.
Also, Doug Martin stays in Tampa Bay and da Bears sign LB Danny Trevathan per Rapoport.

Does that mean Jaye Howard is not returning to Chiefs?