The NFL bungles it again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Right now they are involved in a suit versus Keapernick and a couple of owners and the commissioner have been deposed, an ongoing back and forth (comical) suit versus Elliot..........suspended-not suspended-suspended-not suspended.

............and yesterday AJ McCarron filed a grievance and wants a hearing with an arbitrator to become a free agent. That was a simple issue to solve and the league totally fucked it up. They make exceptions for all sorts of shit all the time. They make up rules as they go along but then shoot down something that two teams wanted to do, and the player wanted as well.

These guys at the NFL's office are really good at doing things badly. Very, very badly.

Over and over for the last few years they have made a mess in public when things have come up.

Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, Spygate, Deflategate, Bountygate, protests during the anthem, replacement refs and a stupid cave-in to a shit union in the worst officiated sport in the country, the concussion issue, Peterson beating his son with a switch and breaking skin on one of the kids balls, the offseason moves, obvious mistakes on the field by refs that affect games, drug suspensions, PED problems, ridiculous gouging of fans, too many commercials and the list goes on.

All along the way Goodell is inconsistent, ham handed and does the opposite of what his goal is, "protect the shield". When he speaks to the public in person or via press release he comes off as arrogant and full of shit. He's not stupid, but he does stupid things. Recently McNair says something stupid about the "inmates running the asylum" (not even the correct quote) and players take offense when the remark wasn't even aimed at them and that fucking coward doesn't do anything to publicly take the hit that McNair was talking about the owners versus the league/Goodell. It's silly that this got turned into a big deal and Goodell could have tamped it down but was afraid to touch it. This was a simple thing to straighten out!

Polls show over and over that people, the paying fans of the sport, are tired of seeing players beat women, get DUI's, fail drug tests and PED tests then sit out a couple of games then continue to make millions. Paying fans are tired of seeing lousy refs make huge mistakes over and over with no real accountability. Go look at any NFL team's message boards and you will see the one thing they all have in common..........complaints about the refs.

When, or if, the owners pull off the coup Jerry Jones is attempting I wonder who will end up as commissioner and what the NFL will be like in the coming years.

The NFL has more problems/issues/complaints than all of the other major sports leagues have combined.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Allowing him to become a Free Agent makes little sense to me, because his current team isn't at fault as far as I know, so why should they have an asset removed from their team? Why should they become the loser in all of this?

McCarron is still under contract...suck it up, son.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He's not stupid, but he does stupid things.

I’ve been saying this to friends.

I love this sport, I really do... But this league sure has a way of making me feel smarter watching all these highly accomplished people make such bad decisions.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
As much of a mess as it is - it's still the most popular sport in the history of the US and it's still awesome - maybe in spite of the current leadership.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Allowing him to become a Free Agent makes little sense to me, because his current team isn't at fault as far as I know, so why should they have an asset removed from their team? Why should they become the loser in all of this?

McCarron is still under contract...suck it up, son.

The Bengals are the loser with the trade being nullified too..........the NFL just fucked this all up they could have let this go through and been done with it and saved the teams and themselves the embarrassment.

But this league sure has a way of making me feel smarter watching all these highly accomplished people make such bad decisions.

As much of a mess as it is - it's still the most popular sport in the history of the US and it's still awesome - maybe in spite of the current leadership.

LOL it does seem to be populated with dummies but that makes you wonder how they got so rich in the first place.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Bengals are the loser with the trade being nullified too..........the NFL just freaked this all up they could have let this go through and been done with it and saved the teams and themselves the embarrassment.
I'm talking about the impact of there being no trade AND losing McCarron to Free Agency before his contract expires..That would be some stupid unfair shyte as far as I'm concerned.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would replace Roger Goodell and replace him with Troy Vincent and start getting the league back in order.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Isn't Goodell an attorney? You would think he'd know better than to allow the creation of precedence in all instances involved.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When, or if, the owners pull off the coup Jerry Jones is attempting I wonder who will end up as commissioner and what the NFL will be like in the coming years.
I can wait for the Coup!! there can't be anyone worse than Goodell!
But what about Condoleezza Rice! Former Sec. of State, and a BIG Football Fan!! ( I'm with -X- on this!!)

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would replace Roger Goodell and replace him with Troy Vincent and start getting the league back in order.
How will that help? Vincent isn't exactly the brightest peanut in the turd. Anybody currently or even in the past associated with the NFL or the Union should not be considered for future employment with anything more strenuous than counting peanuts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How will that help? Vincent isn't exactly the brightest peanut in the turd. Anybody currently or even in the past associated with the NFL or the Union should not be considered for future employment with anything more strenuous than counting peanuts.
There are a lot of peanuts in this analogous quote.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
LOL it does seem to be populated with dummies but that makes you wonder how they got so rich in the first place.

You do not need to be smart to be rich. Many of these owners are just silver spoons - with all of their accomplishments boiling down to having been born into the right family. Going further, that's true of most really rich people in general. The self made rich people are pretty rare these days and getting even rarer as we go.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

They have to do something, there are others as @-X- mentioned Condoleezza Rice, but what might be needed for the time being is a former player to bridge the gap, Mark Murphy is another former player that comes to mind, but Goodell has made some catastrophic decisions that continue to hurt the league in so many ways.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They have to do something, there are others as @-X- mentioned Condoleezza Rice, but what might be needed for the time being is a former player to bridge the gap, Mark Murphy is another former player that comes to mind, but Goodell has made some catastrophic decisions that continue to hurt the league in so many ways.
Rice makes sense and somebody who I've put forward in talks before. But any current players or former players just don't make sense. The NFLPA is the worst union of the bunch and has continually gotten things wrong and just hoped for the best in the courts.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are a lot of peanuts in this analogous quote.
They go well with a tasty beer. One tracked mind today.

Edit see it's tract not tracked, you missed a chance there @-X-

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
When you look back on the overall product and popularity of the NFL just 10-15 years ago and look at it today, it's stunning how much they've gotten wrong. Goodell had a business, a sport and a fan base that sold itself in every way.

If he was a head coach he would have been shit-canned years ago.