LEGEND The "Last Thing I Bought" Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Lionfish I just added to the tank.

It's hard to get good shots of it. They are like aliens and they are poisonous.

20200207_192709.jpg

20200207_192547.jpg

20200207_192506.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
FYI you guys the Lion fish is an invasive species that wreaking havoc in the Atlantic coastal waters.

There are tournaments and festivals all year round that involve catching them to reduce the population.

They are pretty tasty, though usually small filets.

Some fish are evidently "learning" how to attack the Lion fish to avoid the poisonous spines. So that will help out.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
FYI you guys the Lion fish is an invasive species that wreaking havoc in the Atlantic coastal waters.

There are tournaments and festivals all year round that involve catching them to reduce the population.

They are pretty tasty, though usually small filets.

Some fish are evidently "learning" how to attack the Lion fish to avoid the poisonous spines. So that will help out.

Nobody is catching them. We spear them graveyard dead.

Then, we shake em off the spear without touching them. You don't want to get stuck. They can sting even after death.

I've been involved with a couple of round ups with these bastards over in the Bahamas. We had over 30 in the bucket and didn't come close to winning. They are everywhere.

We see em in the Keys a lot now too. We always kill them. Normally you don't ever see one by itself.... they usually have a few buddies hanging with them. They are stupid and super easy to blast with a pole spear.

I have tried them cooked several different ways. They are way too fishy tasting for me.

This fucker in my tank will never get released. He'll probably end up being eaten by my bumblebee grouper in the end. This grouper eats them in their native waters.

There are videos out now showing some of our native groupers here in the Caribbean eating them. The one I saw was a Nassau grouper that ate one. Hopefully our local fish will build up an immunity to them and start eating them all.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's what I meant by catching them. I'm not a fisher so I
mm not up to speed on the glossary haha.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There's a cool story about these Vans. These were actually passed out at the 1st private screening of the movie Fast Times At Ridgemont High. Apparently those originals are some seriously expensive collectors items now. Super rare. You can look up the whole story.

They just released some remakes of those and I jumped on it before they were gone.

Scene 91 - "I can't feel my skull"

20200305_210002.jpg

20200305_205954.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There's a cool story about these Vans. These were actually passed out at the 1st private screening of the movie Fast Times At Ridgemont High. Apparently those originals are some seriously expensive collectors items now. Super rare. You can look up the whole story.

They just released some remakes of those and I jumped on it before they were gone.

Scene 91 - "I can't feel my skull"

View attachment 34228

View attachment 34229
Dang. I had a pair of the originals too. I was hella fashionable back in the day.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
funny..when the wife went shopping she bought big f-in bags of rice and a whole shit load (pun intended) of beans, along with about 10 bags of flour.

Told her if she was going to be making rice and beans for the next month, she better buy some TP

Hahhaha totally
When i dropped into Whole Foods for a sixer I noticed the dry aged ribeyes were totally being ignored for stuff like lentils — it’s classic how things are so upside down right now, normally it’s the lentils that are fully stocked and the dry-aged steaks that are completely gone.
So I grabbed a giant slab for myself and felt normal for the first time in a week

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hahhaha totally
When i dropped into Whole Foods for a sixer I noticed the dry aged ribeyes were totally being ignored for stuff like lentils — it’s classic how things are so upside down right now, normally it’s the lentils that are fully stocked and the dry-aged steaks that are completely gone.
So I grabbed a giant slab for myself and felt normal for the first time in a week

The thing is - a basic rule of prepping is to get stuff you like - and a variety of it. Appetite fatigue sets in pretty quickly if the food you have is the same day after day and isn't stuff you particularly like. While lentils for instance store well - you need to cook them in ways you will actually like. And yes, having nutritious food you like is actually better.