LEGEND The "Last Thing I Bought" Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
What kinda dogs you guys got ?

You need to check out the My Dog ROCKS thread. It's just a few down from this one right now.

We've got all our pups posted there. Some sad stuff in there too... but it's a great thread.

Please post your new pup there too!!!

fearsomefour

Legend
What kinda dogs you guys got ?
Carolina Dog.
Very cool and fun breed.
Best thing is it never barks. Maybe once every couple of months.
Very, very pawsy....grab and holds things. Webbed toes, swims very fast.
Cool breed.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I feel your pain. Ours destroyed some expensive stuff too. LOL
Yeah.... I came home to my dog sitting in the middle of our California King Tempurpedic mattress with about a foot wide hole in it. Amazing he's still alive.:cool:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This mf'er right here...

So Friday on my way home from work I decided to stop off at my fish store. Bought this guy right here called a pencil wrasse. It's the long multi-colored one... not the red one. He's about 7" long, so he's pretty good size.

Anyway, I snapped this pic a few minutes after I put him in the tank. Moments later I'm calling my wife over to show her the new fish. Well.... it was fucking GONE. I couldn't figure out where in the hell this thing had escaped to. My tank has a complete glass lid that holds in my 3' eel with no issues... but this fucker had somehow escaped. I spent most of Friday night going through the plumbing and everything because I was so confused about where this thing was. There is no fucking escape from this tank of mine. I finally gave up around 10 pm... I even canceled going out with some of our friends because I was determined to find this FUCKER. No luck.

So yesterday afternoon I see this SOB swimming around in the tank. I couldn't believe my eyes.

That's when I decided to Google search this thing. Guess what?????????

These fuckers are shaped like skinny missiles because they swim directly into the sand and bury themselves. He just goes under the sand when he wants to chill. What a trip. You should have heard me screaming to my wife upstairs when I saw him... "IT'S ALIVE!!! IT'S FUCKING ALIVE!!!!"

20190531_191519.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Bought a nice blue dress on Amazon! Can't wait until it gets here, but here's the picture:

bluedress.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Got this guy last Friday. It's an Australian Harlequin Tusk Wrasse. One of my favorite fishes and very hard to come by these days. Zoom in on his grill and you'll see why they have the name Tusk in there. Those blue tusks get bigger and bigger as the fish matures. This one is about the size of your hand. He's still got room to grow.

You can also see a little bit of my eel in this shot. He's hiding in that huge shell. The eel is over 3 feet long and calls that shell home. That shell is almost as big as a cinder block.

20190615_140722.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Got this guy last Friday. It's an Australian Harlequin Tusk Wrasse. One of my favorite fishes and very hard to come by these days. Zoom in on his grill and you'll see why they have the name Tusk in there. Those blue tusks get bigger and bigger as the fish matures. This one is about the size of your hand. He's still got room to grow.

You can also see a little bit of my eel in this shot. He's hiding in that huge shell. The eel is over 3 feet long and calls that shell home. That shell is almost as big as a cinder block.

View attachment 29258
that your tank ?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
that your tank ?

Yes it is. I've had at least 1 tank since I was 6 years old. Back then I used to catch all my own fish... I lived in Hawaii... so I was catching fish for free that are extremely expensive today. Used to do my water changes with buckets hanging on my bicycle handlebars.

Thank God for advancements in tech for tanks. My current tank is 300 gallons. It's really the perfect size for me. When you get much bigger than that the costs start getting kinda silly.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yes it is. I've had at least 1 tank since I was 6 years old. Back then I used to catch all my own fish... I lived in Hawaii... so I was catching fish for free that are extremely expensive today. Used to do my water changes with buckets hanging on my bicycle handlebars.

Thank God for advancements in tech for tanks. My current tank is 300 gallons. It's really the perfect size for me. When you get much bigger than that the costs start getting kinda silly.
It's a very cool tank. I can attest to that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We had another lightning strike last week.... we thought it just took out our receiver.... but it fucked my TV too. Oh well, upgraded from a 75" to a 82". Lightning struck twice!

20190714_123220.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Picked these guys up on Friday. They are called Look Downs. My boys and I have been wanting to get one of these for a long time. We've even tried to catch them down in the Keys so we could add one into the tank. There are full grown ones down there that feed around our underwater lights at night. We've never been able to catch one though. These guys are small... they're only about the size of a silver dollar. They are so shiny silver that it's hard to get a good pic of them... the shine they put off is almost blinding.

IMG_20190920_185944_704.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Picked these guys up on Friday. They are called Look Downs. My boys and I have been wanting to get one of these for a long time. We've even tried to catch them down in the Keys so we could add one into the tank. There are full grown ones down there that feed around our underwater lights at night. We've never been able to catch one though. These guys are small... they're only about the size of a silver dollar. They are so shiny silver that it's hard to get a good pic of them... the shine they put off is almost blinding.

View attachment 30623

In your tank, how big will these get?