The hamburger debate!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
When I was growing up there was a tiny burger stand on the corner of Van Nuys Blvd, and Laurel Canyon.
So funny you mention the "Tiny Burger joint" scenario. When we went to get our first vaccination last week I saw this tiny place in the corner of the Unical gas station lot on the corner of Atlantic in Long Beach. Think it's been there forever, but got my kinda wanting to try it! Maybe we will when we go for our second dose!

daves.jpg

oldnotdead

Legend
I went to High School with Miceli's daughter, a true beauty who was killed when her A.H. boyfriend drove off Mulhullond Dr. while racing in our senior year.
The early 70's were great cruising years for my friends and I also, almost always ended with a burger somewhere. Bob's Big Boy in Burbank to the Sandcastle in Malibu and everything in between, those years were some of the best.

I used to go to Bob's Big Boy in Studio City because they would host a classic car night occasionally. It was great fun and met a whole lot of great people. Some TV and movie personalities would also show up there in their classic cars and hot rods. Munching burgers and fries and looking at some very fine girls was as good as it would get at times.

oldnotdead

Legend
So funny you mention the "Tiny Burger joint" scenario. When we went to get our first vaccination last week I saw this tiny place in the corner of the Unical gas station lot on the corner of Atlantic in Long Beach. Think it's been there forever, but got my kinda wanting to try it! Maybe we will when we go for our second dose!

View attachment 44747

LOL that is exactly the kind of stand I had as my very first business. Good looking girls at the window, good customer relations, good food made it a very good business. Coffee was free to LAPD, LAFD, any ambo service, and truckers. We offered free thermos fills with a fresh pot every time.

I hope their food is good. In all honesty not all are, but you never know.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I used to go to Bob's Big Boy in Studio City because they would host a classic car night occasionally. It was great fun and met a whole lot of great people. Some TV and movie personalities would also show up there in their classic cars and hot rods. Munching burgers and fries and looking at some very fine girls was as good as it would get at times.

We are talking about the same place, but there is no Bob's Big Boy in Studio City, I know because I was born and raised there from 1952. You are referring to the Toluca Lake/Burbank Bob's Big Boy on Riverside Dr. This is where the car shows & hot girls were, with some on roller skates for awhile. It had the complete eat outside in your car drive-in thing going on as 'American Graffiti' portrayed, it's also the oldest remaining Bob's Big Boy and was built in 1949.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Dill Pickel Slices
Hellmann's Mayo
Fresh Slocomb Alabama Tomatoes
Extra-sharp Cheddar Cheese

oldnotdead

Legend
I stand corrected. I haven't lived in LA since 1977 so I'm surprised I even remember the street names LOL But damn those were fun times.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
You must not of had enough pineapple on that pizza...

I prefer to partially freeze a can of Dole Pineapple chunks and eat it straight from the can, ... on a pizza is just a waste of an otherwise good dough.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Ketchup, mustard, melted cheese, 100% pure beef and hot floppy pineapple. Mmmm

@Loyal

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ketchup, mustard, melted cheese, 100% pure beef and hot floppy pineapple. Mmmm

@Loyal
No ya bastid...Succulent pineapple over grilled chicken and sweet and sour sauce on a brioche bun!