The Goff-season Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Florio is a prick but here's stuff on Goff moving forward in Detroit

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZSYnkobMkM&ab_channel=NBCSports

Florio is a Viking fan and I always thought he had a problem with anything the Rams did... Then recently I heard him make a comment about the Rams offense in 2017-18' in reference to how the Rams have since regressed.

He talked about how prolific they were then....then stated something like..."They were rivaling what the Greatest Showoff's on turf did"

So sounds like he is permanently scarred or butt hurt by the 49 points the Rams hung on his boys in 99'.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
I have read news and/or rumors that the Rams had several teams asking about Goff! IF, There was a lot of Interest/Curiosity about Goff does anyone have any ideas on if there were any actual offers from any other teams and what was being offered? As much as I like Matthew Stafford I still think the Rams overpaid (I greatly hope I am wrong and I guess only time will tell!)!

The only rationale I can get out of this trade is:
#1 The Rams think Stafford can get them back
to the Super Bowl (SOON!)!
#2 The Rams wanted to get out of Goff’s HUGE
Contract (I still don’t know if they
accomplished this!)!
#3 The relationship between Goff and McVay
got way out of hand and was unrepairable!

Probably TOTALLY WRONG and I would still like to know what else IF anything was offered for Goff!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm going to borrow @Mackeyser 's gut intuition. I feel like Detroit is now going to move Goff for an additional pick(s).
They're picking 7th this year with only one 2nd rounder.

They're probably not going to be interested in being a 6-10, 7-9 type team again this year. I think they're looking down the road a little to draft their franchise QB. The Lions could opt to throw a scrub QB out there and secure a top 3 pick next year to go along with the Rams' low 1st rounder.

I keep feeling like Goff might end up in New England for some reason. They don't like fat contracts in NE but Belichick has publicly spoken favorably about Goff before. He has the tools to succeed in that offense with good protection that Josh McD usually provides.

Am i nuts?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm going to borrow @Mackeyser 's gut intuition. I feel like Detroit is now going to move Goff for an additional pick(s).

They're probably not going to be interested in being a 6-10, 7-9 type team again this year. I think they're looking down the road a little to draft their franchise QB. The Lions could opt to throw a scrub QB out there and secure a top 3 pick next year to go along with the Rams' low 1st rounder.

I keep feeling like Goff might end up in New England for some reason. They don't like fat contracts in NE but Belichick has publicly spoken favorably about Goff before. He has the tools to succeed in that offense with good protection that Josh McD usually provides.

Am i nuts?

I could see it. (y)

I can see a silver lining here for Goff. Wherever he goes, the offense, how McVay was in his ear right up to 15 seconds... it will be all new now.

Maybe, that wasn’t the best way for him to thrive?

I guess we shall see.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I could see it. (y)

I can see a silver lining here for Goff. Wherever he goes, the offense, how McVay was in his ear right up to 15 seconds... it will be all new now.

Maybe, that wasn’t the best way for him to thrive?

I guess we shall see.

I've wondered about this. I can see it becoming a distraction after a certain amount of time. Certainly for a seasoned vet like a Rodgers or someone like that, I would think they would just want the coach to send in the play and then STFU instead of trying to fill your head full of info right up to the cutoff.

Sometimes less is more.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I keep feeling like Goff might end up in New England for some reason.

I would hate it if Goff ended up there, even more if he ended up thriving there. I'm sure I'm not the only Rams fan that feels that way.

jacktheripper85

Starter

Am i nuts?

For suggesting THAT! No, you aren’t nuts........you’re the devil!!

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Am i nuts?
Heard two sports talk shows discussing this today. Or at the latest next off season he’ll be traded. I think that’s honestly what’s going to happen. I read Rivera and Washington really wanted him.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't understand the need to get to 100?

Just kidding #100herewecome

Malibu

Pro Bowler
The biggest issue this off-season was McVay and Snead's fucking bad mouthing Jared. Mind you these two fuckers were that determined Jared was good enough to sign to a top five league contract 2 years early that they went out of their way to do it. Now they hate him a total sucky situation.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I thought before the trade happened that we would need to pay a team to take Goff - ala Osweiler. I read that there was interest. Not sure I’m buying it.

If there are teams who want him, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Detroit flip him.