The debate to end all debates

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Donut Wars

• Chocolate Cruller for the win

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Jelly - It's not even close

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
I've always felt the debate to end all debates was smooth vs crunchy peanut butter.

Crunchy. All day, every day.

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
I've always felt the debate to end all debates was smooth vs crunchy peanut butter.
Crunchy. Anyone who says smooth is anything but.
I was about to comment about how anyone that says "crunchy" is just that.

Then I got to thinking about a Top Gear episode where they road test some drunk stranger's cars (they were designated drivers). Richard Hammond started describing the bad characteristics of the cars like condiments as to not offend the owners.

"The suspension of this car is quite vinegary."
"This steering wheel is a little too salty for my tastes."

Anyone see that one?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Ram Quixote said:
So. The debate isn't about cruller vs. jelly. It's what's a jelly donut?

For one thing, jelly doesn't have seeds. That's preserves. Secondly, jelly is only related to fruit (get your hands off the condiments, X) by flavor. If there was a donut shop I frequented that put actual fruit in their donuts, I wouldn't buy one. Raspberry jelly is okay. Lemon is so much better.

But forget crullers and jelly-filled. The best donut (defined by what is sold in a donut shop--don't use that hole argument on me) ever made is the apple fritter, and not just any fritter, but those made at Chuck's in Renton, WA. They're flat and crispy, with real apple pieces. That's a fruit donut I'll defend forever.
Overruled.

Jelly donuts have actual jelly in them. Lemon-filled donuts have lemon filling that you will never find in a grocery store, in a jar, labeled "Lemon Jelly." Now. Lemon filled donuts are very good, but they are not jelly donuts. They're lemon-filled donuts.

Meet me at the grave, because there's where I'm going with this one.

d32160bca7ca45169a79a90.png

I don't know what jelly filled donuts you have been eating but the cherry and raspberry filled donuts I have had DON'T have any kind of jelly in them that you would find in a store either. They are jelly type fillings JUST like the LEMON JELLY FILLING I get in my Lemon Jelly Donuts. I challenge you to take that gawd awful cherry crap and spread it on a piece of toast and thing... yep - JELLY. It ain't going to happen. Even worst you could put crunchy peanut butter with it and it would still taste nothing like a peanut butter and jelly samich. I realize some places put jam in their donuts and call them jelly filled but I really can't help them and I think it severely detracts from the debate at hand. For to call a jam filled donut a jelly filled donut would be a travesty. Frankly, those who put jam in donuts and try to pass them off as jelly filled donuts should be stripped of their business license for defrauding the public. Certainly there can be no debate that jam is the same thing as jelly. That would be just plain silly. Therefore, the JELLY in a jelly filled donut is an industry term and is considered JELLY even though you don't deem it so. It matters not that you don't think it should be referred to as a JELLY filled doughnut simply because you can't go down to your local store and buy you some lemon jelly. And let's just say for argument that you COULD get you some lemon jelly at you're local store. I still don't think it would make a good peanut butter and jelly samich - crunchy or no. But put that jelly in a donut? Oh man. We're talking the best jelly filled donut in doughnut land. Now put a little chocolate on a cruller and what do you have? Something likely preferred by the guys on Cupcake Wars or some other gay show like that. To even compare a Lemon Jelly Donut to one of those dainty little things is indefensible. Think about it. Those things are like diet donuts. They probably start with a piece of dough the size of your pinkie - y'know, the pinkie you have sticking out as you are eating the pretty little thing. And tell me the next time you read a story about half naked college chicks in bed eating a chocolate covered cruller. It ain't gonna happen. Two dudes? Yeah - that story is probably out there in spades. Now you may be thinking, "hey... isn't two naked chicks in bed eating a lemon jelly donut gay?". Well it may be by definition but it's the right kind of gay so it works in a manly argument. So when it comes down to it, not only is a lemon jelly donut a JELLY filled donut, but it is far superior to a cruller even if an attempt has been made to conceal its gayness with chocolate.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
I don't know what jelly filled donuts you have been eating but the cherry and raspberry filled donuts I have had DON'T have any kind of jelly in them that you would find in a store either. They are jelly type fillings JUST like the LEMON JELLY FILLING I get in my Lemon Jelly Donuts. I challenge you to take that gawd awful cherry crap and spread it on a piece of toast and thing... yep - JELLY. It ain't going to happen. Even worst you could put crunchy peanut butter with it and it would still taste nothing like a peanut butter and jelly samich. I realize some places put jam in their donuts and call them jelly filled but I really can't help them and I think it severely detracts from the debate at hand. For to call a jam filled donut a jelly filled donut would be a travesty. Frankly, those who put jam in donuts and try to pass them off as jelly filled donuts should be stripped of their business license for defrauding the public. Certainly there can be no debate that jam is the same thing as jelly. That would be just plain silly. Therefore, the JELLY in a jelly filled donut is an industry term and is considered JELLY even though you don't deem it so. It matters not that you don't think it should be referred to as a JELLY filled doughnut simply because you can't go down to your local store and buy you some lemon jelly. And let's just say for argument that you COULD get you some lemon jelly at you're local store. I still don't think it would make a good peanut butter and jelly samich - crunchy or no. But put that jelly in a donut? Oh man. We're talking the best jelly filled donut in doughnut land. Now put a little chocolate on a cruller and what do you have? Something likely preferred by the guys on Cupcake Wars or some other gay show like that. To even compare a Lemon Jelly Donut to one of those dainty little things is indefensible. Think about it. Those things are like diet donuts. They probably start with a piece of dough the size of your pinkie - y'know, the pinkie you have sticking out as you are eating the pretty little thing. And tell me the next time you read a story about half naked college chicks in bed eating a chocolate covered cruller. It ain't gonna happen. Two dudes? Yeah - that story is probably out there in spades. Now you may be thinking, "hey... isn't two naked chicks in bed eating a lemon jelly donut gay?". Well it may be by definition but it's the right kind of gay so it works in a manly argument. So when it comes down to it, not only is a lemon jelly donut a JELLY filled donut, but it is far superior to a cruller even if an attempt has been made to conceal its gayness with chocolate.
OVERRULED.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I googled lemon jelly, and the only result was a British band called Lemon Jelly.

Oh and crullers FTW.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:
I googled lemon jelly, and the only result was a British band called Lemon Jelly.

Oh and crullers FTW.
That's what I'm talkin' about.

Rammer FTW.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
OVERRULED.

Typical. Use a canned response when losing a debate. And to think, I even wore this ridiculous thing for you.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
[mp3]http://ramsondemand.com/x/overuled.mp3[/mp3]

Typical. Use a canned response when losing a debate. And to think, I even wore this ridiculous thing for you.
I guess the fuckin' thing's just broke. :cheese:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
[mp3]http://ramsondemand.com/x/overuled.mp3[/mp3]

I guess the fuckin' thing's just broke. :cheese:

Kinda like ME when I leave the donut shop with my haul of LEMON JELLY FILLED DONUTS!!! :razzed:

joeybittick

Rookie
Best. Thread. Ever?

Now it is :tooth:

P.S. Hmmm... what kind of donut is that? Wow... it looks like, yeah, it just might be.

A chocolate covered cruller?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nah - those are just chocolate donuts. Not to be confused with the cruller. Y'know ... the far inferior challenger to the LEMON JELLY FILLED DONUT. :beating: :beating: :beating:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
joeybittick said:
Best. Thread. Ever?

Now it is :tooth:

P.S. Hmmm... what kind of donut is that? Wow... it looks like, yeah, it just might be.

A chocolate covered cruller?
Nope. Either plain cake or glazed, chocolate covered, both of which are superior to crullers, too.

Btw, she can eat whatever donut she wants.

joeybittick

Rookie
RamFan503 said:
Nah - those are just chocolate donuts. Not to be confused with the cruller.

Eh, sorry, I can barely see the donuts on my shitty little monitor. :whome?:

steferfootball

Starter
I wish I had a donut right now.

Chocolate filled, lemon filling....just about anything. Though I draw the line at mayo or ketchup filling.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:

Chocolate filled, lemon filling....just about anything. Though I draw the line at mayo or ketchup filling.
You like those maple icing donuts?

Cuz those just flat out suck.

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
steferfootball said:

They arn't great, but I could make it happen.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
steferfootball said:

Chocolate filled, lemon JELLY filling....just about anything. Though I draw the line at mayo or ketchup filling.

Cruller vs. Lemon JELLY filled donut aside - you just showed your excellent taste in donuts. Just say no to maple icing. That shit is disgusting.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm not sure how I missed this thread... just opened it for the first time.

I really don't like most sweets,,, donuts included.

But, if I had to choose one of the two choices listed,,, the jelly donut would be just a little less disgusting for me.

Looks like I broke the tie.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
steferfootball said:

:slap!:

I agree with you X, no such thing as lemon jelly. That's a meringue or cream.

As for the debate... Chocolate crushes jelly donuts.

.... But maple icing donuts are amazing. Quixote you need to check out frost donuts in Mill Creek WA. Mmmm bacon maple bars

june06_donut.jpg