The debate to end all debates

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Donut Wars

• Chocolate Cruller for the win

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Jelly - It's not even close

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Is that what's in a lemon-filled donut? Jelly or Marmalade? Or is it some corn-syrup concoction?

Fuckin' backpeddler! :7up:
Nope. I stand by my statement. A Jelly donut has jelly or marmalade in it.

Have you ever eaten a lemon marmalade donut?

Of course you haven't.
(but I'll bet you'll travel all the way to "Donna's Donuts" in Nebraska to get one now) :sly:

Never eaten a marmalade donut of any fruit. But I may see if Ramshusker can send me out one of Donna's delectable LEMON JELLY DONUTS.
Which just proves my point.

Watch.

I just forced ketchup into a donut in my kitchen, and I'm calling it a ketchup jelly donut.
Is that a jelly donut now?

Or is a ketchup-filled donut?

This thread is BEAST! :bahaha:

Depends... Did you put starch, pectin, or gelatin in it to make it so? And I HIGHLY doubt that you are in your kitchen OR for that matter pumping above mentioned donuts with Catsup. Can't believe you would resort to such hyperbole! :ahahah:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Is that what's in a lemon-filled donut? Jelly or Marmalade? Or is it some corn-syrup concoction?

Of course you haven't.
(but I'll bet you'll travel all the way to "Donna's Donuts" in Nebraska to get one now) :sly:

Never eaten a marmalade donut of any fruit. But I may see if Ramshusker can send me out one of Donna's delectable LEMON JELLY DONUTS.

Watch.

I just forced ketchup into a donut in my kitchen, and I'm calling it a ketchup jelly donut.

Depends... Did you put starch, pectin, or gelatin in it to make it so? And I HIGHLY doubt that you are in your kitchen OR for that matter pumping above mentioned donuts with Catsup. Can't believe you would resort to such hyperbole! :ahahah:
Wait a second.

Did you just spell KETCHUP like this -- Catsup.

??????

The hell planet are YOU from? Everyone knows it's no longer spelled catsup.

Cat. Sup.

It's like you're greeting a feline.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My wife is tapping her foot. We are supposed to go to a party and she's not buying it that this thread is WAAAAAAY more entertaining.

Gotta go man. I may have to pick this one up later though. Maybe after I eat a couple Lemon Jelly Donuts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
My wife is tapping her foot. We are supposed to go to a party and she's not buying it that this thread is WAAAAAAY more entertaining.

Gotta go man. I may have to pick this one up later though. Maybe after I eat a couple Lemon Jelly Donuts.
lol.

You do that, man.

IF YOU CAN FIND ONE. :razzed:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:

Of course you haven't.

Watch.

Wait a second.

Did you just spell KETCHUP like this -- Catsup.

??????

The hell planet are YOU from? Everyone knows it's no longer spelled catsup.

Cat. Sup.

It's like you're greeting a feline.

Yeah - well your way is like a third string CB. What the hell is that shit?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Late man. Some fun shit right there. Well at least to me.

steferfootball

Starter
RamFan503 said:

I bet they have lemon jelly donuts at the party.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:
RamFan503 said:

Sure. And maybe a platter of broccoli steak burritos.

Hey. There's an idea. Let's fill burritos with broccoli and call them steak burritos.

"Lemon Jelly." :neh:

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
steferfootball said:
RamFan503 said:

Hey. There's an idea. Let's fill burritos with broccoli and call them steak burritos.

Alternatively, we could fill burritos with lemon jelly and call them lemon jelly burritos.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:
X said:
steferfootball said:
RamFan503 said:

Alternatively, we could fill burritos with lemon jelly and call them lemon jelly burritos.
I would totally eat those.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
So. The debate isn't about cruller vs. jelly. It's what's a jelly donut?

For one thing, jelly doesn't have seeds. That's preserves. Secondly, jelly is only related to fruit (get your hands off the condiments, X) by flavor. If there was a donut shop I frequented that put actual fruit in their donuts, I wouldn't buy one. Raspberry jelly is okay. Lemon is so much better.

But forget crullers and jelly-filled. The best donut (defined by what is sold in a donut shop--don't use that hole argument on me) ever made is the apple fritter, and not just any fritter, but those made at Chuck's in Renton, WA. They're flat and crispy, with real apple pieces. That's a fruit donut I'll defend forever.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
steferfootball said:
I would totally eat those.
Deep fry that burrito and watch me eat enough to enter a prolonged sugar coma.

steferfootball

Starter
Ram Quixote said:

For one thing, jelly doesn't have seeds. That's preserves. Secondly, jelly is only related to fruit (get your hands off the condiments, X) by flavor. If there was a donut shop I frequented that put actual fruit in their donuts, I wouldn't buy one. Raspberry jelly is okay. Lemon is so much better.

But forget crullers and jelly-filled. The best donut (defined by what is sold in a donut shop--don't use that hole argument on me) ever made is the apple fritter, and not just any fritter, but those made at Chuck's in Renton, WA. They're flat and crispy, with real apple pieces. That's a fruit donut I'll defend forever.
Wait, so it is okay to have apple pieces in your fritters, but not in your jelly filled donuts?

steferfootball

Starter
Also, before we are done here, we should debate the spelling of donut/doughnut. I actually debated this once. I don't remember what side I was on though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:

Overruled.

Jelly donuts have actual jelly in them. Lemon-filled donuts have lemon filling that you will never find in a grocery store, in a jar, labeled "Lemon Jelly." Now. Lemon filled donuts are very good, but they are not jelly donuts. They're lemon-filled donuts.

Meet me at the grave, because there's where I'm going with this one.

d32160bca7ca45169a79a90.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
steferfootball said:
Also, before we are done here, we should debate the spelling of donut/doughnut. I actually debated this once. I don't remember what side I was on though.

It's one of those things that can go either way. I prefer "donut" though; that's how everyone seems to say it.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
steferfootball said:
Ram Quixote said:

For one thing, jelly doesn't have seeds. That's preserves. Secondly, jelly is only related to fruit (get your hands off the condiments, X) by flavor. If there was a donut shop I frequented that put actual fruit filling in their donuts, I wouldn't buy one. Raspberry jelly is okay. Lemon is so much better.

Wait, so it is okay to have apple pieces in your fritters, but not in your jelly filled donuts?
I clarified above. The difference being an apple/dough mixture rather than fruit filling. Fruit filling belongs in a pie.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
I've always felt the debate to end all debates was smooth vs crunchy peanut butter.
Crunchy. Anyone who says smooth is anything but.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Ram Quixote said:

Overruled.

Jelly donuts have actual jelly in them. Lemon-filled donuts have lemon filling that you will never find in a grocery store, in a jar, labeled "Lemon Jelly." Now. Lemon filled donuts are very good, but they are not jelly donuts. They're lemon-filled donuts.

Meet me at the grave, because there's where I'm going with this one.

d32160bca7ca45169a79a90.png
So, the proof in the pudding, so to speak, is that if you can't get it anywhere but the donut shop, then it's not jelly? That's a convoluted trip around the block.