CARDINALS The Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
:laugh4:that picture

The Catapult bra thing is actually a product called a vest and meant to be worn under or over a shirt.

The vest has data sensors for tracking movements and data used for analytics of yourself and for comparing to others.

But, leave it to a Cardinal to use it as a bra.

Tano

Legend
Those statement on guarantee money usually count the amount guaranteed from injury.
I am still confused

I thought he signed a 250 million 100% guaranteed contract and that the Cardinals would owe that no matter what whether injured or not

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am still confused

I thought he signed a 250 million 100% guaranteed contract and that the Cardinals would owe that no matter what whether injured or not
Part of that likely was only guaranteed to injury. So if he got hurt he would get paid.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IMG_8184.jpeg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am still confused

You're thinking of deshaun Watson and the Browns.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I thought his contract was 100% guaranteed no matter what
$230M, with $160M guaranteed.

That guaranteed percentage (70%-75%) is what all the big-$ QB-contract extensions have been for years.

The exception was Deshaun Watson who had a no trade clause and said 'No thank you' to a trade to Cleveland before Browns' owner Jimmy Haslam said: 'What if I fully guarantee your contract'
... to which Watson replied: 'Cleveland sounds like a lovely place to play football'.

Then for two years, Lamar Jackson said: 'Cleveland re-set the market!'; and most Talking-Head Ex-NFL players commented: 'Damn Right It Did. Give the Man his Money!!!'

Despite Jackson's position and the Talking Heads' commentary, every QB that signed a big-$ extension after Watson, received guaranteed money that represented about 70%-75% of the contract total.

Eventually, Jackson signed for about $260M, with ... Wait For It ... 70%-75% guaranteed.

Tano

Legend
$230M, with $160M guaranteed.

That guaranteed percentage (70%-75%) is what all the big-$ QB-contract extensions have been for years.

The exception was Deshaun Watson who had a no trade clause and said 'No thank you' to a trade to Cleveland before Browns' owner Jimmy Haslam said: 'What if I fully guarantee your contract'
... to which Watson replied: 'Cleveland sounds like a lovely place to play football'.

Then for two years, Lamar Jackson said: 'Cleveland re-set the market!'; and most Talking-Head Ex-NFL players commented: 'Damn Right It Did. Give the Man his Money!!!'

Despite Jackson's position and the Talking Heads' commentary, every QB that signed a big-$ extension after Watson, received guaranteed money that represented about 70%-75% of the contract total.

Eventually, Jackson signed for about $260M, with ... Wait For It ... 70%-75% guaranteed.
Thanks - I guess I was thinking of Deshaun Watson

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
I'm not seeing it.... But,
You could be right...