CARDINALS The Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I love the terminally lazy types in the workplace who are always talking about what they're gonna do. He's gonna start listening and caring in camp this year. No seriously this time around. For real.

Figure this dude is out of the league in a couple years. When he crashes and burns with the Cards who's gonna want to give a shot to a midget who lacks give-a-fuck.

oldnotdead

Legend
This is exactly why I feel they are going to see it Tune can be their starter. Tune has the innate talent to be a second-tier QB1. A team can win with a good tier-two QB if they have a good defense and strong running attack.....just like Purdy with the Niners. Gannon seems to understand that. Tune is accurate and his passes have good velocity out to 20-25 yds, good enough to move the chains and complement a strong run attack. He can take occasional deep shots but it isn't his forte like say, Herbert or Stafford. But a strong intermediate passing attack is hard to stop. It's relatively quick not giving the defense a lot of time. A young QB simply has to understand if it's not there then throw it away. Tune has enough foot speed to force LBs and safeties to account for him.

If Gannon does indeed run an Eagles like offense, then Tune is a very good fit. It incorporates a lot of RPO concepts so he should pick it up fast. The Rams can't afford to underestimate Tune. He can move the offense in ways Murray struggled at. Kyler wanted to turn every game into a sandlot affair, playing off the cuff. Disciplined defenses will shut that shit down. IMO if Tune looks good and is named the starter going forward, Murray will try to use his injury to gain the portion of his contract that is guaranteed if it's an injury release. This is why IMO there is a good chance Murray doesn't play this year. A lot depends upon the conditions of his "guaranteed money". I see Murray trying to milk the injury into an injury release next year. Not all contracts are fully guaranteed for all contingencies, fully guaranteed may be only assuming he plays his contract out. Injury or retirement might prorate the guaranteed money. No matter what happens the Cards are on the hook for a whole lot of dead money next year if Kyler doesn't heal.

dang

Legend
I’d love to be a fly on the wall in that locker room. There cannot be many Murray supporters.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I wonder if Kyler realizes that the Cardinals new brass didn’t draft or pay him. They’ll replace him if he stinks this year. He’s not their guy and there’s no pressure to win right now.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wonder if Kyler realizes that the Cardinals new brass didn’t draft or pay him. They’ll replace him if he stinks this year. He’s not their guy and there’s no pressure to win right now.
Just like when they drafted Murray to replace another former 1st round pick in Josh Rosen. Rinse & Repeat.

oldnotdead

Legend
Even if Kyler does decide to make an effort he's so far behind I don't think he can catch up. Besides, how long will that last? IMO not long. He will hear his play station calling him and won't be able to resist. He's underachieved every year and that includes his one good season proved by how quickly he returned to his subpar ways.

AZ will try to trade him if they haven't all ready but I don't see any takers, not with that contract and piss poor work ethic. I'd be surprised if he's on the team next year. A post June 1 release carries a hefty deadcap of $48.3M but they clear $3.5 M off the cap. If Tune shows any promise at all IMO Kyler is gone in 2024.

I see Tune and Purdy as having comparable skill sets able to be good enough to win with if the team has a good run attack and defense to keep the game close. Purdy had the advantage because the Niners have a better defense. AZ will be forced to lean on Tune who won't have as good of a WR corp or run attack as the Niners. The advantage Tune has is he's a much better runner than Purdy.

The book on beating Tune is to play him tighter, i.e. cover the short zones and contain him. IMO Tune as a QB is more dangerous than Purdy.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can’t believe the Cardinals paid that loser.
1689399311547.png

2024 Cap number for Kyler Murray is $51,857,000.
2024 Cap number for the Bears Justin Fields is $6,004,712.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You got to give the Cardinals credit; they have one of the prettiest QB’s in the league…

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I almost pity the Cardinal fans as much as @AZRams does... Seriously, they've two first round QB's who were garbage. The good old days were Carson Palmer and Kurt. I would bet on the Lions to win a Super Bowl before the Cards.

Tano

Legend
I almost pity the Cardinal fans as much as @AZRams does... Seriously, they've two first round QB's who were garbage. The good old days were Carson Palmer and Kurt. I would bet on the Lions to win a Super Bowl before the Cards.
If they weren't in our division, I wouldn't hate them.

I would still laugh at them though

If not for Kurt Warner, they would never have been in a SB

I still picture KW as a Ram even though he considers himself a Cardinal (due to fricken the B... and her hirelings)

dang

Legend
I believe he got paid but I feel for Buddha Baker.