The Aaron Rodgers Saga

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm all for player mobility. I'm never going to be the guy that says "Just shut up and play." or "Just honor your contract." Green Bay's front office has definitely screwed this up big time, and it's almost laughable. However, I don't feel sorry for Rodgers' but getting hurt one bit, and I'm not sorry his feeling got hurt. He should want out and I would have traded him already. It's about the Team.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
He's 37. How much longer will he play? It's not all about health. It's about "other ventures" and "opportunities". Did they get the Love pick wrong? Maybe. They could have drafted Trevor Lawrence and Rodgers would be the better option. Having said that, it is a screwed up situation. But clearly, the smart decision for TEAM was to get a replacement in and groom him. But if you have a guy who's going to get chapped no matter who you bring in or when, it's impossible to get it right.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
He's 37. How much longer will he play? It's not all about health. It's about "other ventures" and "opportunities". Did they get the Love pick wrong? Maybe. They could have drafted Trevor Lawrence and Rodgers would be the better option. Having said that, it is a screwed up situation. But clearly, the smart decision for TEAM was to get a replacement in and groom him. But if you have a guy who's going to get chapped no matter who you bring in or when, it's impossible to get it right.
Rodgers probably had issues with GB prior to then. Remember all the stories about him not get along with McCarthy. Some speculated he got him fired. Rodgers denied that one. Rodgers got mad when they cut Jordy Nelson. And another WR (I forget his name) last year. I seriously doubt this all boils down to the Love pick.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No matter how good Love is, no team should even consider trading the league MVP when there's no indication that he will slow down.

Green Bays mistake was thinking Rodgers was near the end and drafting Love in the first place.

I do agree that they need to trade Rodgers now, but I don't think their hesitation to do so has anything at all to do with Love - nobody wants to be the team that traded the league MVP.
I disagree. Rodgers clearly wants out and said he won’t play for Green Bay. How much more do they need. Plus he’s 38 isn’t he? If Love was worth that pick they’d be more comfortable getting a haul for Rodgers to further improve their team.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its a hard call for the Packers. Trade Rogers and they probably are not a playoff team. But the dude is 37. He'll be 38 before season's end. Right now they could get a very good haul for him. They could start the post Rogers rebuild with a lot of picks.

But I don't imagine the fans will be too happy if they trade him. I don't envy the guy who has to make that decision. Unless Rogers forces his hand and the situation becomes too toxic to keep him.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Rodgers probably had issues with GB prior to then. Remember all the stories about him not get along with McCarthy. Some speculated he got him fired. Rodgers denied that one. Rodgers got mad when they cut Jordy Nelson. And another WR (I forget his name) last year. I seriously doubt this all boils down to the Love pick.
So he had a problem with whomever is in charge of the Packers? Sounds like a swell guy.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
So he had a problem with whomever is in charge of the Packers? Sounds like a swell guy.
Everybody loves Favre though. Send dick pics to trainers. Told Shar to stop holding out and come to camp. Said he didn't win MVP over Aikman or Young because his teammates gave home no help. Forces way with a BS retirement. Retires a second time to join Vikes so he can stick it to packers. Completely freezes out Rodgers.
But everyone loves Favre. Rodgers says next to nothing helps Love and he's the bad guy.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Everybody loves Favre though. Send dick pics to trainers. Told Shar to stop holding out and come to camp. Said he didn't win MVP over Aikman or Young because his teammates gave home no help. Forces way with a BS retirement. Retires a second time to join Vikes so he can stick it to packers. Completely freezes out Rodgers.
But everyone loves Favre. Rodgers says next to nothing helps Love and he's the bad guy.
The problem is Rodgers is just very unlikeable. I remember the moment I started to dislike Rodgers as a human a lot. When we played them in 2018 and the kick returner fumbled and basically handed us the game. Rodgers then brought the team together but told the returner to get lost and shunned him. Like wtf man .... what a world class A-Hole.

Farve's retirement stuff just got old after a bit

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
But everyone loves Favre. Rodgers says next to nothing helps Love and he's the bad
Rodgers is known to be a prick of a dude tbh. He strikes me as that passive-aggressive dude who stands by himself in the back talking shit about everybody else and having a miserable time at parties.

Favre is the jock who fucks everybody's girlfriend and does keg stands at parties. He's the type of guy people will pull out of the gutter when he does a faceplant.

Both are probably assholes tbh. But Favre had that magnetism about him in how he worked people. It's a skill man. This is why I don't jump all over Deshaun Watson btw. Lot of these guys are entitled pricks due to their high school and college experiences where they were practically worshipped. There's a transition for some of them IMO into the real world.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Does this drama queen still have this drama going?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Favre was class A douche. But just because some liked him, it doesn't make Rodgers un-douche. That's like saying that psycho murdered nine people and that guy only murdered one. A douche is a douche.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Favre was class A douche. But just because some liked him, it doesn't make Rodgers un-douche. That's like saying that psycho murdered nine people and that guy only murdered one. A douche is a douche.
Instead of 'douche vs un-douche', how about "double-douche" or even "douche- squared"

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Instead of 'douche vs un-douche', how about "double-douche" or even "douche- squared"
Pretty amazing how much so many of you guys hate Rodgers. Like he maybe kidnapped your dog or something. Who really cares, and why bother?

But imo Rodgers is probably the best qb to ever play the game.

TexasRam

Legend
Is this still breaking news a month later? Everytime I log into ROD I go to this breaking news and find out its old breaking news.

And since my memory sucks I relive the disappointment every time.

Though you suckers can't get me on April fools anymore. I calendar remindered myself on that one.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Pretty amazing how much so many of you guys hate Rodgers. Like he maybe kidnapped your dog or something. Who really cares, and why bother?

That Brady guy only has 6 rings. Yeah AR the GOAT!! 3 time MVP. Host of Jeopardy! 89.9 QB rating in CCG 2011-2020. I find it amazing the Rodgers drama has actually made Brady look better!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

Except for what he did to the Rams in January, I don't hate him at all.

I just thought double-douche was funny. You see, its a douche ... and then another douche ... for a double douche ... Funny!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Hate? I don’t hate Rodgers. I just think there is no pleasing him. Many QBs have played and not complained about what their team has given them to work with. Rodgers is one of the very few. Taking it to the media and not keeping it in house is a bad look. It comes off as whiny drama, over privileged type of stuff to me.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
. Taking it to the media and not keeping it in house is a bad look
Has there been any direct quotes from Rodgers? Any direct contact with the media? From what I understand this entire thing has been a media creation, citing unnamed "inside sources"
Maybe I missed it, but I havent heard or seen anything that was direct from AR

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Has there been any direct quotes from Rodgers? Any direct contact with the media? From what I understand this entire thing has been a media creation, citing unnamed "inside sources"
Maybe I missed it, but I havent heard or seen anything that was direct from AR
I always figure these things are agent leaked, to try to keep the client clean but also create some leverage with the team. Leaking it can create pressure by fans to keep Rodgers and give him a longer more lucrative contract.