The Aaron Rodgers Saga

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If they can get three #1's and a mid rounder or two #1's and two #2's... I would move him.

He will be 38 this yr... has only been to 1 SB in his prime, move on, revamp your team and let Love take over with a younger roster abd a lot more cap space.

So unless they think Love has no shot to develop and was a horrible pick, go that route.

oldnotdead

Legend
The Packer FO wants to make it look like they are doing everything possible to hang on to Rodgers for PR (i.e. fan support). Yeah, they offered him a new contract with top money but from what I hear it's really only a two-year deal regardless of the structure. Remember it's all about the guaranteed money, not the total contract worth. They will have to improve the guaranteed money to get him to re-sign. Their intent is to make him look like the diva he is.

Personally, it's time for the Packers to move on. Take the best trade deal with an AFC team and get out from under him. Once attitude goes south there really no going back only short reprieves. Trade him to the Broncos who look the most desperate because with Mahomes and now Herbert in their division they are totally outclassed at QB by even the Raiders.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Is the difference between the Packers winning a Championship or not, a first round WR?
Yes!!! Rodgers needed one more playmaker at receiver to be unstoppable. One more top notch receiver to go with Adams would have given him a greatly increased chance to break down a D on every play, and especially on third down and in the red zone where everyone in the stadium knew the ball was going to Adams.

And of course this is compared with picking a QB who will now sit on the bench (if he is even active) behind Rodgers (if he even stays at GB) and Blake Bortles.

Kind of like what I now hope and expect will happen with the Rams by adding serious playmaking speed to their receiving corps. With Stafford, this should open up what was a short passing game into a threat to break plays of different kinds all over the field, including not only deep balls but across the middle and underneath.

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yes!!! Rodgers needed one more playmaker at receiver to be unstoppable. One more top notch receiver to go with Adams would have given him a greatly increased chance to break down a D on every play, and especially on third down and in the red zone where everyone in the stadium knew the ball was going to Adams.

And of course this is compared with picking a QB who will now sit on the bench (if he is even active) behind Rodgers (if he even stays at GB) and Blake Bortles.

Kind of like what I now hope and expect will happen with the Rams by adding serious playmaking speed to their receiving corps. With Stafford, this should open up what was a short passing game into a threat to break plays of different kinds all over the field, including not only deep balls but across the middle and underneath.
"Everyone knew it was going to Adams"?
Adams on third down: 36 Targets, 25 receptions, 21 first downs, 4 TDs
Tonyan, Valdes-Scantling, Lazard: 43 targets, 27 receptions, 25 first downs, 4 TDs

Adams in the Red Zone: 28 targets, 23 receptions, 14 TDs
Tonyan, V-S, Lazard: 23 targets, 18 receptions, 12 TDs.

On 3rd down, Adams caught 25 and had 21 first downs.
On 3rd down, the threesome had 27 catches and 25 first downs...pretty good percentage
And they had 4 TDs, like Adams.

Red zone, in either case, half of the passes Rodgers threw to Adams were TDs. Slightly more than half to the others were TDs.
Overall, Rodgers targeted Adams 149 times for 18 TDs (12%)
He targeted Tonyan, Lazard and Valdes-Scantling 168 times for 20 TDs (11.9%)

I'm not seeing that much better percentages from Adams. I'm seeing better production because he is THE GUY. I'm seeing Rodgers targeting him (as he should), but maybe forcing it at times. If he had another WR as good or comparable to Adams, how would he split it up? Wouldn't that take away from Adams production? And who would be bitching? Adams or stellar receiver B?

This is, what many have said it was from the beginning.....butthurt over drafting Love. Ironically, AR had the best season of his career and he may be pissed their ploy, to light a fire under his ass, worked. Now he wants them to beg.

MauiRam

Rookie
I'm not sure if I understand all the ramifications involving Rogers vs Green Bay.

1) Rodgers apparently is under contract for 2 more years.
2) Rodgers says no way he plays for Green Bay again.
3) Green Bay says no (so far) to a trade.
4) If Green Bay doesn't trade Rodgers, being Aaron is under contract he cannot play for another team.
5) If Rodgers holds out - Rodgers doesn't get paid anything. He's not injured. Would he sit out for 2 years for nothing?
6) Is there a possibility Green Bay tells him to shove it? :shock:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is getting almost like the redneck High School Coach who has a star player than won't cut his long hair. Coach cuts him after kid refuses to cut his hair. They both end up losing in the end. The coach, because the team certainly would have won more games even with a long haired hippie who was the best player at the school. The player loses, because he missed out on amazing sports memories and the entire experience. All over the length of hair! Well, at least the long haired guy can keep playing in his garage band.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure if I understand all the ramifications involving Rogers vs Green Bay.

1) Rodgers apparently is under contract for 2 more years.
2) Rodgers says no way he plays for Green Bay again.
3) Green Bay says no (so far) to a trade.
4) If Green Bay doesn't trade Rodgers, being Aaron is under contract he cannot play for another team.
5) If Rodgers holds out - Rodgers doesn't get paid anything. He's not injured. Would he sit out for 2 years for nothing?
6) Is there a possibility Green Bay tells him to shove it? :shock:
7) There's the hold-in. Rodgers reports to camp on time and by day two, has a sore shoulder (or back or elbow or groin). It lingers never seeming to improve with opening day barreling towards them. Some team calls them and says, "maybe if you trade him and he comes out here, the mountain air will help his blood flow". Here's two firsts, a third and a list of young players, one of which you can get from us. Jalen Ramsey did it in Jacksonville and look where it got him!!

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ll take “What ROD members discuss to pass time” for a $1,000 Aaron

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The highest rated guest host on Jeopardy so far has been Ken Jennings. He's the dude who has the longest winning streak in the history of that show (74 wins).

And get this... Ken is really the only contestant in Jeopardy history that Alex showed a true affinity for. Alex really thought a lot of Ken. I feel like Alex would pick Ken for the job if he were still with us. Ken knows that game better than anyone else on the planet.

You also need to have a tad bit of a intellectual attitude as the host. Alex had it... and there's no question that Ken has it too. He comes by it honestly. No one will ever question Ken's tude or knowledge while he was hosting. Aaron got called out on his first show by a contestant.

It's a known fact that Douche-Rod loves Jeopardy and would silence teammates while he watched it in his locker. Ken is the Jeopardy Champion GOAT though.

And again... Ken's ratings have been the highest of all the guest hosts. It's his job... not Douche-Rod's. This particular mystery has been solved my Brethren.
Ken Jennings is far and away the best of the hosts they have trotted out since Trebek passed.. He has my vote for sure.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
R0324f0e244cd603e0dbeb1a7c07a7045.gif

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
"Everyone knew it was going to Adams"?
Adams on third down: 36 Targets, 25 receptions, 21 first downs, 4 TDs
Tonyan, Valdes-Scantling, Lazard: 43 targets, 27 receptions, 25 first downs, 4 TDs

Adams in the Red Zone: 28 targets, 23 receptions, 14 TDs
Tonyan, V-S, Lazard: 23 targets, 18 receptions, 12 TDs.

On 3rd down, Adams caught 25 and had 21 first downs.
On 3rd down, the threesome had 27 catches and 25 first downs...pretty good percentage
And they had 4 TDs, like Adams.

Red zone, in either case, half of the passes Rodgers threw to Adams were TDs. Slightly more than half to the others were TDs.
Overall, Rodgers targeted Adams 149 times for 18 TDs (12%)
He targeted Tonyan, Lazard and Valdes-Scantling 168 times for 20 TDs (11.9%)

I'm not seeing that much better percentages from Adams. I'm seeing better production because he is THE GUY. I'm seeing Rodgers targeting him (as he should), but maybe forcing it at times. If he had another WR as good or comparable to Adams, how would he split it up? Wouldn't that take away from Adams production? And who would be bitching? Adams or stellar receiver B?

This is, what many have said it was from the beginning.....butthurt over drafting Love. Ironically, AR had the best season of his career and he may be pissed their ploy, to light a fire under his ass, worked. Now he wants them to beg.
Good research!! but I respectfully disagree about what the numbers mean. Of course it would be an exageration to suggest Adams would get the ball all the time on 3d or in the red zone. Not an exageration however to say that he was the preferred target, the best playmaker by a wide margin, and commanded the attention of the D.

What would happen if there was an another outstandingreceiver? Rodgers would have a much better opportunity to choose where to go with the ball.

Fyi, I may be the only one but I just don’t care whether Rodgers is or isn’t butthurt or anything else. I only care about the football side of it, in particular a serious lost opportunity for the Pack.

Be that as it may, I don’t see how Rodgers wanting out of GB is much different than Stafford wanting out of Detroit.

oldnotdead

Legend
Under the Current CBA
Once mandatory camps begin the Packers can fine him for each one missed. This can go on until Aug 5th. If the player does not report he will lose an accrued season and it's my understanding that also means it doesn't count as a contract year. Rodgers might as well retire. It is also my understanding that if he retires while under contract he can't just sit out a year and return. He will be deemed still under contract with his original team no matter how long he sits out. He would need a waiver from the contract holding team to return years later for something like retiring with another team for HOF purposes.

Both Packers and Rodgers could take a monetary hit. His unpaid guaranteed money still owed him but not paid is accelerated onto this year's cap. Or Rodgers will have to pay back whatever cap money tied to the remaining years he is not going to play that was advanced to him.

It makes far more sense simply to trade him to the Broncos and be done with it and that is the leverage Rodgers has. If the FO wants to punish him then simply withdraw the contract offer and tell him to go ahead and retire because it would be a permanent thing. But IMO that's cutting off your nose to spite your face. The locker room distraction and cap impact simply doesn't seem worth continuing the farce. They should at least get something for him.

Stafford wanted out and they did it amicably and the Lions got a lot for him and both sides benefited. This kind of rancor is childish on both sides. Frankly, I love to watch the cheese melt.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Good research!! but I respectfully disagree about what the numbers mean. Of course it would be an exageration to suggest Adams would get the ball all the time on 3d or in the red zone. Not an exageration however to say that he was the preferred target, the best playmaker by a wide margin, and commanded the attention of the D.

What would happen if there was an another outstandingreceiver? Rodgers would have a much better opportunity to choose where to go with the ball.

Fyi, I may be the only one but I just don’t care whether Rodgers is or isn’t butthurt or anything else. I only care about the football side of it, in particular a serious lost opportunity for the Pack.

Be that as it may, I don’t see how Rodgers wanting out of GB is much different than Stafford wanting out of Detroit.
What would happen if there were another receiver? Tonyan might have 11 TDs? Rodgers might have thrown 48 TDs?

Rodgers and Stafford's situations are completely different. For starters few (if any) heard of Stafford's before the trade was announced. Second, the Lions have not had nearly the run Green Bay has had. Stafford's deal was done behind closed doors and out of respect for his desire to play on a good team. Rodger's has been among the NFL headlines for months now and it's either about Rodgers getting a 1st round WR to help him get past the CCG or groveling and kissing his ass because they drafted Love. What's never mentioned (or explained) is his sub-90.0 QB rating in the last 4 CCG he's played. Yeah, "it wasn't me....it was the lack of a second Davante Adams that cost us the chance for another SB". He's apparently whining about 13-3 with improved defensive play not being enough for the great AR to get to, and win a SB.

Q?: What NFL team in need of a QB can give him what is said he doesn't have in Green Bay? This is purely primadonna shit typical of this ass clown. Jared Goff got run out of town for going 42-20 his first 4 years, losing the SB and missing the playoffs once. But "Regular Season Rodgers" has half of the football world's sympathy. There is a bright side for AR....if he goes to Denver and doesn't win it all, he can blame it on the thin air.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My final thoughts on this sitch:
-If you want to know what the players think about Rodgers, check out what Adams has to say about him. He's elevated them all to a higher level
-I think the GM and HC are a couple of idiots and cant wait to see them exposed
-I think Rodgers sucked on Jeopardy, and Ken Jennings should be the obvious successor
-I think the below post is the True "Thread Winner" and is only missing a mic drop:
we are talkin bout AR and Green Bay right?

hope is that they never win another game, fukem

train

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My final thoughts on this sitch:
-If you want to know what the players think about Rodgers, check out what Adams has to say about him. He's elevated them all to a higher level
-I think the GM and HC are a couple of idiots and cant wait to see them exposed
-I think Rodgers sucked on Jeopardy, and Ken Jennings should be the obvious successor
-I think the below post is the True "Thread Winner" and is only missing a mic drop:

Well anytime they beat the Niners is all right with me.Brett Farve helped to take there winning ways along with Troy Aikman. I’d say F””K that SJ team & the rest of the NFC Weat.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Reading the tea leaves I’m suspecting that Love is nowhere as good as Green Bay had hoped he would be. Or at least he’s not close to being ready which isn’t a great look for a first round pick. Otherwise the Packers would have traded Rodgers already.

He has two years left on his contract. There is no chance he’d sign with them after that.

Green Bat could get a haul for Rogers, or could have when all bidders were trying to outbid each other. By stalling they lost a bit of leverage. The Rams and 49ers are out of the running. So it’s a two team race.

The Packers could challenge to win a Super Bowl, although they don’t have the easy schedule that they did last year. So Green Bay does not want to trade Rodgers because he’s their best chance plus many fans would likely be pissed. But again, this shows no faith in Love to lead the team.

So in the end was Love really worth a first round pick? They are paying for the draft day blunder, by hurting Rodgers feelings and by using a first round pick on a guy they don’t believe in.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Reading the tea leaves I’m suspecting that Love is nowhere as good as Green Bay had hoped he would be. Or at least he’s not close to being ready which isn’t a great look for a first round pick. Otherwise the Packers would have traded Rodgers already.

Yeah, Ouch...

1. The Love pick could have been an impact selection, that could have helped that 2020 post-season run.

2. If he’s not Rodgers successor, the Love pick was disruption for no reason.

3. You go through all this, and left potentially with no QB. Sign Blake Bortles piecing something together for 2021.

That Love pick... ouch.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He has two years left on his contract. There is no chance he’d sign with them after that.

Green Bat could get a haul for Rogers, or could have when all bidders were trying to outbid each other. By stalling they lost a bit of leverage. The Rams and 49ers are out of the running. So it’s a two team race.

The Packers could challenge to win a Super Bowl, although they don’t have the easy schedule that they did last year. So Green Bay does not want to trade Rodgers because he’s their best chance plus many fans would likely be pissed. But again, this shows no faith in Love to lead the team.

So in the end was Love really worth a first round pick? They are paying for the draft day blunder, by hurting Rodgers feelings and by using a first round pick on a guy they don’t believe in.

No matter how good Love is, no team should even consider trading the league MVP when there's no indication that he will slow down.

Green Bays mistake was thinking Rodgers was near the end and drafting Love in the first place.

I do agree that they need to trade Rodgers now, but I don't think their hesitation to do so has anything at all to do with Love - nobody wants to be the team that traded the league MVP.

Tano

Legend

And being targeted more than 50% than all the other receivers combined is a high % imho