Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is it written into Jansen's contract that he must allow the tying runs to get on base?

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I’ll take the Dodgers beating Logan tomorrow and go for the record of 106 only if it’s a 1-0 pitchers duel and Ryu wins. :sneaky:
We're gonna have to tweak this a bit because if there's one thing everybody knows about is I hate losing to the giants.

How bout the Dodgers don't hit Webb today and Dubon goes 4 for 4, flashing leather at 2B, the Dodgers get to the giant bullpen and win it. That's fair, right?

Then we knock Bumgarner out in the first on Sunday, scoring 17 earned, then go on to win #106. Dubon can even hit for the cycle.

Also fair. And reasonable.
Is it written into Jansen's contract that he must allow the tying runs to get on base?
Hey. Not bad. :sneaky: I was only off one run. Logan looked good. Ryu won the ERA title. AND The Dodgers win. Mo got a hit and made some good defensive plays.

As for Janson, so frustrating sometimes. I just hope he and Kershaw have clutch playoff performances. If they do, we finally win the title.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hey. Not bad. :sneaky: I was only off one run. Logan looked good. Ryu won the ERA title. AND The Dodgers win. Mo got a hit and made some good defensive plays.

As for Janson, so frustrating sometimes. I just hope he and Kershaw have clutch playoff performances until the Cardinals come and crush their hopes and dreams.

Fixed. :p ;)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
So about that narrative the Dodgers bought a winning team....

1vfgc6sfysp31.jpg

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I must have missed that narrative but MLB payroll rankings have the Dodgers at #7 with $170,903,333.
FWIW the Cardinals are #9 with $165,253,599.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Dodgers have a solid farm system. One of the better ones in the league.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Some guys are just clutch hitters. Some are not. It’s true in little league. True in the majors.

Muncy -clutch
Turner- clutch
Freese-clutch
Edit: Martin-clutch!

Lots of other guys- not so much.

Edit#2: Hernandez -clutch!!

Rally baby!!

Last edited:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A win away from their next series. And even the game they lost they were competitive. Not certain, but this could be the year. Hopefully the Astros will lose at some point, so the Dodgers will have HFA - I do fear the Astros' rotation.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
At least we won’t have to lose to St Louis this year

After 30+ years I just don’t seem to care anymore

It’s too demoralizing to really get hurt about it

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At least we won’t have to lose to St Louis this year

After 30+ years I just don’t seem to care anymore

It’s too demoralizing to really get hurt about it
I'm kind of numb to everything. Every week regardless of football or baseball I lose interest in it.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Kershaw is post season cancer--something Roberts and the front office refuse to see. At least Jansen didn't blow it this time

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its mind boggling that two guys they've relied on all year never got in the game. Baez and Jansen. Instead, Joe Kelly who has struggled most the year, gets two innings. He did good in the 9th without throwing any fastballs. Roberts should have counted his lucky starts he still has Baez and Jansen in the bullpen for the 10th.

Instead, he trots out a guy who is not a two inning guy for another one. One who has not been good most times. Then leaves him in there to work through the mess he created. The only surprise would have been if he didn't give up runs. Anyone who's watched them all year knew it was coming if he put Kelly out there for another inning.

I'm thinking the reason why the Dodgers have not won a championship with their talent is Roberts. His decision making in those tight all or nothing games is not good. Its clear Kershaw is not what he once was. And even when he was good he's not a playoff pitcher. After the homerun to Rendon Kolarek should have been the one to face Soto. Kolarek has had his number.

I wonder if Roberts felt like he needed to be loyal to his guy and leave his former star out there? He did Kershaw no favors if that was the case. The Kershaw legend that labels him as a playoff choker just got more ammo with that decision.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rick Honeycutt taking an advisory position and it looks like bullpen coach Mark Prior will take his place and Andrew Friedman will return. I'm not a fan of him dictating lineup or taking the managers feel for the game out of Roberts hands but it's amazing the team and farm he's built. Oh yeah and this...

View: https://twitter.com/richardjustice/status/1183821521741107200

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to mention Turner and Muncy, who weren't homegrown, but weren't "bought" as much as rescued after being given up on by other teams.

Yup and Hernandez and Hill along with a few others over the past few seasons like Morrow.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
So happy the Dodgers lost Game 5 to the Nationals in the NLDS. The contract with Spectrum prevented almost two-thirds of the local market from viewing their games for the past 5 years. We didn't even get to hear and see the great Vin Scully in his final years. A public-relations disaster for a team that prides itself on excellent PR. Next year the Dodgers will win 115 games in the regular season and lose again in one of the playoff rounds. Can't wait to witness this again. May the hex continue year after year after year.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
So happy the Dodgers lost Game 5 to the Nationals in the NLDS. The contract with Spectrum prevented almost two-thirds of the local market from viewing their games for the past 5 years. We didn't even get to hear and see the great Vin Scully in his final years. A public-relations disaster for a team that prides itself on excellent PR. Next year the Dodgers will win 115 games in the regular season and lose again in one of the playoff rounds. Can't wait to witness this again. May the hex continue year after year after year.
They don't look past the $$$$. The Cardinals did something like that with radio broadcasts about 15 years ago. Had their own station as flagship instead of clear channel signal KMOX. Even with the best radio affiliate network in MLB they realized it wasn't working. Increasing access to as many fans as possible is what brings in the $$$. I hope your Dodgers realize it soon.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ya know reading what some Dodger fans are saying makes me hate this game. People throwing out comments like “if they don’t spend money then screw them I'm done with the team.” Without even making ang free agent signings we’re one of the top 2 or 3 payrolls in the league. Spending money isn’t the issue, spending it well is.