Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Yo! I really like the AJ Pollock signing.

WTF with bringing Martin back, but they had to do something. But I'd really like them to get Realmuto, and . . .

Forget Harper. Dude's cancer. Let some other team have him, like Philly. Could you imagine Harper and Arietta in the same clubhouse? Then throw in Manny Hustle, and sit back and enjoy the new kardashians :headexplosion:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
With the Dodger fans here I'm surprised no responses in this thread. Dodgers sitting pretty going for their 7th straight division title. 14.5 games in front. Bellinger's a legit MVP candidate. Muncy following last year's surprise with another solid season. Ryu's a Cy Young candidate.

Seager's been battling injuries but he's back now. Before he went on the DL he was starting to hit like his rookie year after a slow start. We'll see how long it takes for him to find his groove again.

The only question remains now, if they don't finally win the World Series would the season be considered a failure? You gotta think if they get there enough times the ball finally bounces their way sooner or later.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm a lifelong Dodger fan but have to admit that these days I tend to watch when they're on but wait until the playoffs near before getting excited about them.

That said, this Dodger team feels different this year. The bullpen still scares me a bit but they seem to win games when it seems they are going to lose.

Go BLUE!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
With the Dodger fans here I'm surprised no responses in this thread. Dodgers sitting pretty going for their 7th straight division title. 14.5 games in front. Bellinger's a legit MVP candidate. Muncy following last year's surprise with another solid season. Ryu's a Cy Young candidate.

Seager's been battling injuries but he's back now. Before he went on the DL he was starting to hit like his rookie year after a slow start. We'll see how long it takes for him to find his groove again.

The only question remains now, if they don't finally win the World Series would the season be considered a failure? You gotta think if they get there enough times the ball finally bounces their way sooner or later.
Guess we were just kinda discussing it in here.

https://ramsondemand.com/threads/mlb-2019.57645/

Yes this Dodgers team is playing great and is very stacked from top to bottom. And the farm system just keeps turning them out. Keep in mind something, Gavin Lux is putting up better numbers than Seager was in AA/AAA and should be his double play partner soon.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm a lifelong Dodger fan but have to admit that these days I tend to watch when they're on but wait until the playoffs near before getting excited about them.

That said, this Dodger team feels different this year. The bullpen still scares me a bit but they seem to win games when it seems they are going to lose.

Go BLUE!

Kelly is starting to finally come around. Was pretty good the previous few weeks leading up to the All Star game. But yeah, they gotta do something before the deadline. Its hard to win in October if your bullpen is weak. I expect at least a couple moves to shore up the bullpen in the next couple weeks.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its hard to win in October if your bullpen is weak. I expect at least a couple moves to shore up the bullpen in the next couple weeks.

It's a serious sellers market though, even for guys who barely move the needle for win expectancy. I'm not sure most trades will make competitive sense - there just aren't a lot of good relievers on the market.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I keep hearing the Giants are moving Madison Bumgarner. But now they're only 3 games out of a wild card spot. They had a winning month of June. Would they trade their ace while in contention?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I keep hearing the Giants are moving Madison Bumgarner. But now they're only 3 games out of a wild card spot. They had a winning month of June. Would they trade their ace while in contention?
Zaidi would he’s too smart not to. It’s regrettable that he went to the pukes.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I think teams are getting a little weary of pushing too hard for a wildcard spot (or in this case holding onto assets). The wildcard chase is going to be extremely deep in the NL and even if you manage to grab a spot, it's still just a coin flip that you get sent home without even getting to play in the real playoffs.

I think Bumgarner and Will Smith will get moved even if they keep winning enough to stay in contention. It will be interesting if Zaidi's presence opens up trade discussions between the teams.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Bumgarner and Will Smith will get moved even if they keep winning enough to stay in contention. It will be interesting if Zaidi's presence opens up trade discussions between the teams.

I don't know if I want the Dodgers to trade with a guy who knows their minor leagues so well.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah, darn him for winning two straight pennants!
He a shit manager.
Come play off time he will manage games like it is a Tuesday in May.
No imagination. Looking at his R vs L charts. He should win division titles and even pennants, he’s had the most talented team. He blows.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Roberts stinks. He's got more outfielders than he can use and instead of playing Bellinger or Muncy at first, he puts stumble bums over there and it makes me cringe.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, darn him for winning two straight pennants!
This is a pretty common sentiment, I know I have to ignore my dads grumbling about him. What most don’t realize or won’t accept is he manages based on guidelines provided by Friedman who is the genius that built the club. While I would prefer a little more autonomy for the manager but with our front office it’s not happening.

fearsomefour

Legend
This is a pretty common sentiment, I know I have to ignore my dads grumbling about him. What most don’t realize or won’t accept is he manages based on guidelines provided by Friedman who is the genius that built the club. While I would prefer a little more autonomy for the manager but with our front office it’s not happening.
Like having Mike Martz in reverse run your team.....can put together talent but falls apart on game day.
Money being no object helps.
Would love to be proven wrong about Roberts but he is a fine game manager for June.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The most important thing the manager does is keep harmony in the clubhouse. He has a clubhouse where there is a ton of platooning and position changes and players routinely being pinch hit for, and yet I'm not aware of any ego problems. That is rare and hard to do.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Meanwhile, I'm dejected at the Cardinals. We don't have any healthy or viable trade assets (Carpenter and Ozuna are both on the DL, while Fowler just sucks, and we're stuck with him for, I believe, another two/three years).

I get the feeling that we really need to tank to get better, and yet we're in this limbo where we're too bad to get into the playoffs, but too good to get a high pick.

So...yeah.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Meanwhile, I'm dejected at the Cardinals. We don't have any healthy or viable trade assets (Carpenter and Ozuna are both on the DL, while Fowler just sucks, and we're stuck with him for, I believe, another two/three years).

I get the feeling that we really need to tank to get better, and yet we're in this limbo where we're too bad to get into the playoffs, but too good to get a high pick.

So...yeah.
Keep the faith. Get some guys back. Stay within striking distance come September and get hot in division play. '11 can happen again. The birds will fly high.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Fresh Prince has announced his presence with authority.