Take a sample Wonderlic test/Manziel aces it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
A 32? We need to draft this guy.

Wait Bradford got a 36, maybe we should stick with him.

Wait Fitzpatrick scored a 49? Trade our number 2 pick for him.

Tavon Austin scored a 7 :oops:.

What was Tavon's score on the field test against the playoff-bound Colts last season? That's the only test that really matters!

What was Tavon's score on the field test against the playoff-bound Colts last season? That's the only test that really matters!

Agreed, personally I couldn't care less about what a player does in any of the combine events/tests or their height, weight, speed whatever give me a player who shows up on game day.

But 7 is embarrassingly low when just by guessing you should score 12.5

jap

Legend
Agreed, personally I couldn't care less about what a player does in any of the combine events/tests or their height, weight, speed whatever give me a player who shows up on game day.

But 7 is embarrassingly low when just by guessing you should score 12.5

Tavon could have been half asleep or dreaming of all the feminine flora & fauna he could have now that he was going to the NFL at the time. I doubt many of these players considers the Wonderlic to be more than pure manure!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
That's a good score for a QB prospect but I don't consider a 32 out of 50 to be "acing" the test. I'd be quite angry at myself if I got a 32 out of 50. ;)
What did Unitas get? That's the perfect score.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
32 out of 50 is a very good score although I heard somewhere that the NFL doe not time it. Most companies time it EX: 15 min for 50 questions that's about 18 seconds a question for you 50 out of 50 bunch.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
AJ green got a 10....Patrick Peterson got a 9...try not to cry too hard for them :p

If they picked A for every answer, they would get a 12.5 on average. Vince Young got a 6!

What's the pattern here? Possibly that the "test" is not designed for inner-city low income kids of color? Could that be the real differentiating factor? Perhaps its the test that's failing and not these kids, ever think of it that way?

How many ROD bucks do you wanna bet that the Wonderlick test was NOT designed by an inner-city person of color?

It's not just the players of the game that one needs to focus on, but the rulemakers as well. This is a circular relationship between the two.

What's the pattern here? Possibly that the "test" is not designed for inner-city low income kids of color? Could that be the real differentiating factor? Perhaps its the test that's failing and not these kids, ever think of it that way?

How many ROD bucks do you wanna bet that the Wonderlick test was NOT designed by an inner-city person of color?

It's not just the players of the game that one needs to focus on, but the rulemakers as well. This is a circular relationship between the two.

Or they just might not be the most intelligent people in the world? It's not the worst thing in the world, people are gifted in different ways.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

That's it, the wonderlic is racist!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Link

As we head into a new football season and I’m reading up on some of the prospects, among all the physical stats like 40-yard dash times and vertical leap, the subject of Wonderlic scores always comes up. Developed in the 1930s by Eldon F. Wonderlic and adopted originally by Tom Landry in testing prospects for the Cowboys in the 1970s, the Wonderlic has become the NFL’s standard for testing IQs.

Now to a list of some of the more notable Wonderlic scores for players entering the NFL draft, scores are mainly brought up in regards to quarterbacks and the list reflects that.

Darren Davis – running back – 4
Vince Young – quarterback – 6
Dan Marino – quarterback – 15
Jim Kelly – quarterback – 15
Terry Bradshaw – quarterback – 16
Tim Tebow – quarterback – 22
Mark Sanchez – quarterback – 28
Eli Manning – quarterback – 39
Drew Henson – quarterback – 42
Greg McElroy – quarterback – 48
Ryan Fitzpatrick – quarterback – 49
Mike Mamula – defensive end / linebacker – 49
Pat McInally – punter – 50

A score of 10 shows basic literacy and the average NFL prospect score mirrors the general population at 19 to 20.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm pretty sure those that score below a 10 can't even read, and have never had to actually attend a class in their "academic" career.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
it's about context. to have conversation, to communicate, the context of the conversation must be one that all parties relate to. if one party doesn't then they wont understand. so, if a bunch of white rich white men design a test, it's likely that low income kids of color just wont understand it as well, it doesnt have to be deliberate.

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Lol!

Tavon may not have dem' fancy smarts, but he's suuure fast...

What Tavon doesn't have the fancy learnin' he makes up for with fancy dancin'. Yee-haw!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
SPORTS PROS(E)
A hearty stew of offbeat sports and pop culture.
Report: Sam Bradford scores 36 on Wonderlic, Tim Tebow a 22
By Kyle Koster on March 10, 2010 12:46 PM | 4 Comments | No TrackBacks
Despite the NFL's best efforts to keep the results of the Wonderlic test scores under wraps, the numbers have begun to seep out, thanks large in part to Edgar Thompson of the Palm Beach Post.

Thompson has tweeted some of the scores of the big-name quarterbacks on the 50-question intelligence test.

Oklahoma's Sam Bradford dominated, supposedly scoring a 36, while Florida golden boy Tim Tebow came in with a 22. Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen managed a 23.

Do these scores reveal how good an NFL player someone will be? Vince Young scored a 6. Dan Marino a 13. And many players who aced the thing never accounted to anything in the league.

Still, in our football-crazy world, it's just another stat for draft experts to yell at each other about on television.
Tags:

• Jimmy Clausen,
  • Sam Bradford,
  • Sam Bradford Wonderlic,
  • Tim Tebow,
  • Tim Tebow Wonderlic,
  • Wonderlic scores
No TrackBacks
TrackBack URL: http://blogs.suntimes.com/cgi-bin/mt-tb.cgi/30174

4 Comments

jap

Legend

Not necessarily racist. However, it could be targeted toward middle to upper income players. For instance, one of the questions asked on an IQ test to school kids in past (not necessarily the Wonderlic) was had to do with knowing the definition of a saucer or coaster. The kids of many low income families drink out of a bare cup with no saucer or coaster underneath and had no idea what the subject matter of the question was.

The moral: if one wants to test intelligence across economic levels, one has to raise questions equally common to kids/people of all economic levels.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not necessarily racist. However, it could be targeted toward middle to upper income players. For instance, one of the questions asked on an IQ test to school kids in past (not necessarily the Wonderlic) was had to do with knowing the definition of a saucer or coaster. The kids of many low income families drink out of a bare cup with no saucer or coaster underneath and had no idea what the subject matter of the question was.

The moral: if one wants to test intelligence across economic levels, one has to raise questions equally common to kids/people of all economic levels.
Um... I call bullshit. This is sadly a racial mantra based on a line from a sitcom. That hasn't kept it from becoming fact on the internet though. However, if you can actually find the test that the question shows up in, I'll kindly retract this. Good luck.