PREGAME Super Bowl 56 - Rams vs Bengals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
I think if the 9ers had won they would win against the Bengals. I think the rams can beat churro.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I actually feel fairly good about this game. Our Defensive strength matches what they want to do on Offense, which is pass.

With that said, it's going to be a fist fight.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Great question.

I never would have expected for them to make the Super Bowl.

The facts are there, though.
They just overtook KC, from a 3td lead.

Burrow looks like an up and coming Star. Just like Brady 20 something years ago.
We lost that game.
(Do I really need to elaborate)

Don't under estimate the Bengals.
100% how I feel. While I think we are the better team, they have a really good offense and weapons. We have the better OL and D line but they didn't get here by accident. We just need to play sold, mistake free football and we should come out on top.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Its the Super Bowl, it wont be easy. But boy wouldn't a 31-10 Rams final be wonderful?

I still dont think we've played our best game. The Best is Yet to Come.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Joe Burrough looks like the real deal but I know our defense is way better than KC. How do my Rams brothers see the matchups? I feel more confident than against the cheatriots since the bengals are unlikely to cheat but do we have advantages because of experience?

I believe our defense can win this game and our offense will score points but out front 7 will dominate. I hope I'm not wrong.
Their biggest weakness is one of our top strengths....should bode very well.

mad scientist laughter GIF by SMOSH

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Rams need to get Akers and Sony Michel involved in the run game and pound the ball at the Bengals and keep their explosive offense on the sideline.

And on defense, the Rams need to play tight coverage and take the middle of the field away from them. Have AD, Von, Floyd and Gaines/Robinson rush Burrow and keep hitting him again and again, contain the edges and make it harder on the Bengals.

Don't overlook any team because on any given Sunday. This is the Super Bowl and McVay needs to know that this is in his homecourt and seals the deal for many old and new Rams fans to come.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams need to get Akers and Sony Michel involved in the run game and pound the ball at the Bengals and keep their explosive offense on the sideline.

And on defense, the Rams need to play tight coverage and take the middle of the field away from them. Have AD, Von, Floyd and Gaines/Robinson rush Burrow and keep hitting him again and again, contain the edges and make it harder on the Bengals.

Don't overlook any team because on any given Sunday. This is the Super Bowl and McVay needs to know that this is in his homecourt and seals the deal for many old and new Rams fans to come.
McVay is going to feel liberated after getting past that SF defense. I mean if we had lost to the 9ers in that game that defense would probably win the Super Bowl and go down as a storied unit, given what they would have accomplished in getting their team that far. That's how good that SF defense was.

But I agree on the balance and eating clock. Bengals are a mirror image team to us. They're loaded. Rams have one matchup that clearly favors them (our DL vs their OL) and it makes it likely we win this game but as we all know nothing's a given. So beat them the way we HATE being beaten, by removing their run game and pressuring their QB while we run all over them. That is the model for this game without a doubt.

Stafford is in the zone right now. He's locked in. He can convert third and longs which means you can run those early down run plays to keep softening up that front. This is the path to hardware.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Bengals overcoming 9 sacks to beat the Titans was impressive. But Tanehill is no Stafford. Bengals will be tough but I like our chances. Something burns deep within this Rams team, the heart and urgent sense to win it all. They just project it. I prefer not to have another heart attack game, but at the same time these games bring out the heroes vs adversity and are sweet to win and reflect on for Rams lore.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
McVay is going to feel liberated after getting past that SF defense. I mean if we had lost to the 9ers in that game that defense would probably win the Super Bowl and go down as a storied unit, given what they would have accomplished in getting their team that far. That's how good that SF defense was.

But I agree on the balance and eating clock. Bengals are a mirror image team to us. They're loaded. Rams have one matchup that clearly favors them (our DL vs their OL) and it makes it likely we win this game but as we all know nothing's a given. So beat them the way we HATE being beaten, by removing their run game and pressuring their QB while we run all over them. That is the model for this game without a doubt.

Stafford is in the zone right now. He's locked in. He can convert third and longs which means you can run those early down run plays to keep softening up that front. This is the path to hardware.

Stafford also needs to protect the football and stop with the turnovers. He got lucky that Tartt dropped that easy interception. Otherwise, the Rams need to pound and pound the ball and play dominant defense.

I'd hate for the Rams to lead by 28-3 and then lose like the Falcons did against the Patriots. That would be horrific.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stafford also needs to protect the football and stop with the turnovers. He got lucky that Tartt dropped that easy interception. Otherwise, the Rams need to pound and pound the ball and play dominant defense.

I'd hate for the Rams to lead by 28-3 and then lose like the Falcons did against the Patriots. That would be horrific.
Dropped INTs and missed plays are part of the game. Rams dropped two TDs and multiple INTs, missed a FG etc. If we're gonna play the if game, you gotta go back further.

In that moment yes that throw was ill advised and could have sent us home. Or maybe the Rams answer. Who knows.

Either way every great team and QB has multiple "luck" or "gimme" type plays the other team did not capitalize on. And focusing on those things is what fans of the losing team do.

Us vs Cincy if you play the game ten times maybe we win 6 or 7 times. But you play it once and that luck and shit factors in to the final result. That's the playoffs.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cincinnati is a tough team. Look at what they did through the playoffs. Burrow will get his 300 yards but he’s a gunslinger so we need to take him down when he sits in the pocket for 3-4 seconds and take advantage of any pickoff opportunities. The Rams need to play very good to excellent on offense. Again I feel the magic number is 31. Score 31 points and I believe the Rams win it running away. Score less and they are in for another dogfight.

I agree with your take. The only time the Rams scored more than 21 points, they won their only Super Bowl. We lost with 19, 17 and 3 points.

I'd like to see the defense or special teams get a score also.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Rams need to turn into a 70's type team. Run the ball hard and get physical with them. Use both Akers and Michel. When it feels like they're committing to stopping the run then let Stafford do his thing to Kupp and OBJ. Hopefully Higbee will be back by then. The way Blanton played they could go two tight ends and still have viable receiving options.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh we are winning this game.
I agree and for that reason this one reminds me a bit of the Super Bowl matchup vs Brady the first time. I recall looking at that game and thinking "this is ours." Of course it wasn't and it's kind of in the back of my head looking at this matchup.

I'm with you though in spite of that, because I have faith in these guys now. As far as they've come. The way they have improved and still are improving. I am convinced we're gonna win this one.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Im fine with the Bone. I have bad flashbacks of the Blue we wore in ATL. We won our last SB in White!!!
True that we lost against the Pats in blue and yellow! But in the new blue jerseys we have a good run going right now. I think I would prefer them! I am fine with bone too. Keep the blue berries and their middling record far, far, far away.