Steelers Interested in Ramsey?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love Ramsey, but, if Steelers are offering 2 first round picks (essentially, but 32 is 1st pick of 2nd round, which in itself is quite valuable) I'd have to listen. Per Kipers mock yesterday (yeah, its a guess mock) all of the top CB's outside of Witherspoon are there (Porter Jr, Gonzalez, Forbes, etc.). If our brass thinks one of them is going to be something special, it makes some sense to fill that hole with a MUCH cheaper and younger player. With 32 we could likely get a decent trade back offer or have our pick of an Edge that fell.
It would cost more to move him than keep him. If he plays well, we can keep him until 2025 when most of the deadcap hits are gone.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hilarious watching guys lose their shit over talking ridiculous what if trades :laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Floyd is the one I see most at risk, this offseason.

His contract clears the most cap in 2023 if I see it right.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Seriously? Ramsey actually had a great year this year, and I didn't see much of - if at all - a dropoff. Now, do we need a clear upgrade on the other side? Sure, but with Ramsey and Durant, you have a couple of solid corners, and even if Ramsey wouldn't hack it at cornerback, he still has more than enough athleticism for safety.

Trade him? Hell no. Like AD and Kupp, it would have to absolutely blow me away, like a stupid offer.
To play Devil's Advocate here. His great yr, which I am not disputing, didn't help much and its not just because of injuries elsewhere. One way you could look at it is that the rules favor the offense so much, is it a waste of money to pay a great vet CB when his effectiveness is limited by those rules?

Maybe we are better off investing those cap dollars where its maximized. The OL, WR's, & TE's. And defensively, the DL where you can short circuit the advantage the offense has with a physical DL. And also for the future, if you can, swing those picks you get in return for him to obtain a QB then that fits as well with what you need to win.

Your DBs can't touch a WR and certainly can't cover more than 3 secs or so. So invest in the offense and DL. Add young fast CBs that compete, but don't spend big money there.

So if it happens it will be because of some of those points I made above.

You keep Ramsey or....

Invest future cap dollars where it's maximized at multiple offensive positions or a long the lines.

Use picks to find the next QB and or to strengthen OL, skill positions, or DL.

dang

Legend
30 other teams have interest In Ramsey (I’m excluding Jax who has probably seen enough of him). I want the Rams to keep him til his legs fall off but I recognize the extreme value that Ramsey places on contract $$ may keep that from happening. His intensity and leadership by play are rare in the NFL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hilarious watching guys lose their shit over talking ridiculous what if trades :laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4:
This is what fans do. Discuss what may come. Also as funny as you think it is sometimes the groupthink is wrong.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This is what fans do. Discuss what may come. Also as funny as you think it is sometimes the groupthink is wrong.
Almost no player is irreplaceable. As much as I enjoy Ramsey when he’s in the right situation, sometimes the team has more critical change. Gnashing of teeth over a guy being moved is what I find funny. They are all commodities and for the right price they’d all jump ship.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
30 other teams have interest In Ramsey. His intensity and leadership by play are rare in the NFL.

Dang:
Nothing at all against you. But by intensity and leadership do you mean when he blames his own teammates and points fingers at them when HE screwed up? Or are you referring to where he hits his own teammate in the head on the field like a punk? Or, lastly, are you referring to when he very nearly commits a personal foul, or actually gets a costly personal foul against him ... for taunting? ;) Which leadership are you referring to?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ramsey played every game this season. That is leadership, IMO. He also never gets hurt and misses games. I hope he stays.

dang

Legend
Dang:
Nothing at all against you. But by intensity and leadership do you mean when he blames his own teammates and points fingers at them when HE screwed up? Or are you referring to where he hits his own teammate in the head on the field like a punk? Or, lastly, are you referring to when he very nearly commits a personal foul, or actually gets a costly personal foul against him ... for taunting? ;) Which leadership are you referring to?
All of the above plus his bone crunching tackles that help fire up a defense that doesn’t show much emotion. Ramsey can be careless and hyper sensitive but IMO that is to a far lesser degree than his positive impact.