Steelers Interested in Ramsey?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'd be so, so pissed if we traded Ramsey. Our DBs are already weak and he'd create such an unnecessarily massive hole.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
There is zero source to that, it's just a guy spitballing.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Trading Ramsey would confirm they are going into full rebuild mode. Don't see it happening. At least I hope not.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
If they trade Ramsey the window is now. That's when they can get the best return. The Rams have to find a way to add affordable talent which means draft picks. They get young cheap talent and unload some cap space at the same time. They have to figure out how to add pass rush talent and getting early picks is the best way.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
17th and 32nd are not enough for Ramsey. Throw in Highsmith snd let’s talk.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Haha. Teams that are built to win now don’t trade one of the league’s best corners.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
If they trade Ramsey the window is now. That's when they can get the best return. The Rams have to find a way to add affordable talent which means draft picks. They get young cheap talent and unload some cap space at the same time. They have to figure out how to add pass rush talent and getting early picks is the best way.
My take is that he's the most valuable trade asset on the roster outside of Donald who will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be traded ever.

If they think they want/need add'l picks whats the best deal? Who would bring more than Ramsey?

Season 5 Idk GIF by Friends

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Someone is going to have to explain the cap implications before I could see any benefit.

If I am reading Over-the-Cap correctly, there is minimal cap-relief and huge Dead-$ to a pre-June 1 trade. There is significant cap relief for a post-June 1 trade but that would preclude the Rams from getting 2023 draft choice compensation because the April, 2023 Draft would have passed.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Trading Ramsey would confirm they are going into full rebuild mode. Don't see it happening. At least I hope not.
Nah, means they are solidifying their foundation to make sure they can compete for the next 5 yrs and not just this yr.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Ramsey is more like my house than he is like my two dogs.

I don’t want to part with either, but I’ll at least take offers on the former.

oldnotdead

Legend
I’ll at least take offers on the former.

Why? Do you honestly think you can replace him in the draft? It's not just the physical talent Ramsey possesses it's his experience that allows him to use those physical talents to be the impactful player he is. Only the Chargers, and Cleveland trade away talent. High draft picks are a myth. More first round draft picks don't justify their pick than those that do. The odds are against it. Even those that do, take years to become that level of player. That is why Snead does what he does. Drafting for depth is a whole lot easier than drafting for an impact starter. When you trade you know what you are getting if the GM does his homework before hand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
#1 do not mess with DB Jalen Ramsey with all this Traded/Released crap. My preferred plan to remodel the Ram's secondary:

In March let starting Safeties & Corner enter UFA'cy. Rapp/Scott/ Long/Hill. Let the young veterans Nick Scott, Taylor Rapp, David Long & Troy Hill seek their best contract. This places Rams in a position for several projected Compensatory Draft Pick Awards for 2024. For example the projected Market Value of Rams UFA Taylor Rapp at $10 annually.

Sign ERFA's corners Shaun Jolly & veteran Grant Haley. To join other Rams contracted DB's Decobie Durant, Robert Rochell, Derion Kendrick, T.J. Carter, veteran Jordan Fuller, Russ Yeast, Quentin Lake& Richard LeCount.

My plan is to take our most veteran talented DB & insert him as the deep/center field Safety. This position will energize him & terrorize our opponent QB's. #5 is a game-changer/playmaker. This position puts him in the best position to accomplish Maximize this.

In the Draft, I would plan on the selection of several corners & a free safety in late Saturday afternoon on the 3rd day

CB-Durant/ Kendrick/ Jolly
CB-Haley/ Rochell/ Carter
SS-Fuller/ Lake / LeCount
FS-Ramsey/ Yeast

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
My take is that he's the most valuable trade asset on the roster outside of Donald who will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be traded ever.

If they think they want/need add'l picks whats the best deal? Who would bring more than Ramsey?

Season 5 Idk GIF by Friends

Cooper Kupp would.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sure. And if you don't want to trade Ramsey I doubt you wanna trade Kupp...

Well according to media crackpots the new goal is getting as many draft picks so trade everyone. See if I care.