Stay Safe California Rams Bros

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I have family up there that lost their home, totally destroyed. They're going to be moving to a new area most likely.

Saw a YouTube video from a guy who tried to warn some people about the fire and get them to evacuate. The fire came through so the guy ran down to a creek and hid under the water. The rest of the people burned alive, many of them still in their car. He said he was trying to get them out but they were old and waited to do things like makeup.

Fires are no joke people, don't wait around with your stuff, just get out.
Ouch, man. Sorry about your family members. Great town. Probably will never exist again. As I said, I had so many clients over the years up there, helped them remodel their kitchens.

One couple were both teachers that would commute to Chico. We did their kitchen, and later came back to do their bathroom.

Another couple was in their 70's. They were so nice, and made a meal for me while I was there.

Then there was another elderly woman that took care of her grandkids, because her son was drugged out.

No doubt, all of their lives have changed forever, or ended.

This was natural, yet not. I truly believe it was avoidable. This state if rife with corruption.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I went to school at Chico. Been to Paradise many times. Sadly, it’s essentially one gradual slope with tons of heavy fuel.

And we found out that my wife’s step father’s house in Magalia burned to the ground. Much of my wife’s mother’s history and belongings up in smoke.

Oh fuck Stu I am sorry to hear that news it's awful.

I hope they got as much sentimental stuff out as they could.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh freak Stu I am sorry to hear that news it's awful.

I hope they got as much sentimental stuff out as they could.
Sadly - none. Neither he or his new wife were home and probably for the best, couldn’t return home. Both Becky and her brother are very sad at the fact that many of their mom’s belongings and history are gone. Shortly after Becky’s mom passed though, her husband gave Becky several boxes of her letters and momentos to keep. It’s not all gone.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Sadly - none. Neither he or his new wife were home and probably for the best, couldn’t return home. Both Becky and her brother are very sad at the fact that many of their mom’s belongings and history are gone. Shortly after Becky’s mom passed though, her husband gave Becky several boxes of her letters and momentos to keep. It’s not all gone.

Oh man that had to be a lot of fantastic artwork and stuff.

I come from a family with a little bit of that and I can't imagine how bad it must be.

sorry.......but at least they didn't get trapped like many have been.

this shit is horrific

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh man that had to be a lot of fantastic artwork and stuff.

I come from a family with a little bit of that and I can't imagine how bad it must be.

sorry.......but at least they didn't get trapped like many have been.

this crap is horrific
Thanks man and you are absolutely correct. Not only were many of Becky’s early works destroyed but some great artists’ works that were little known when Becky’s step dad bought them. It’s really sad.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm so sorry for all of your losses.

Stay safe, everyone.