Statement From Robert Kraft About Wells Report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
Clearly, Its not the Patriots we should be looking at.....

I think this all began when Joe Gibbs left for Nascar, which eventually led to the surprise marriage of Fenway Partners and Jack Rousch to form Rousch Fenway Motorsports. Theres an obvious link between the New England area and Nascar and as you know the old saying in Nascar "If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin".

F*ck Nascar. Cheating Basterdz.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
The under the table money given out by the Whiner old owner is so much more than Spygates twice and there super handy needle work by the scum brady is. Yet he keeps making HOF finalist. Eddie Debartalo still holds the cheaters crown. I'm just older but O what has passed under the bridge. This is just the fact it will never stop as long as someone can cheat in our great game just cause they can.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
At the very least I say this should take Tom out of the GOAT conversation. Forever now it has been him or Manning, I have to say that this evidence gives Manning my vote. And I was one of the few that actually liked Tom before this.

rams2050

Starter
SI has it on their website, too:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/05/06/patriots-tom-brady-deflategate-investigation-text-messages

Patriots staffers' texts from Deflategate probe take shot at Brady

Wells Report on Deflategate: Patriots 'more probable than not' deflated balls on purpose
The Wells Report released Wednesday found that the New England Patriots were "more probable than not" guilty of deflating footballs for January's AFC Championship game, and that quarterback Tom Brady was "generally aware" of the inappropriate activities.

BY SI WIRE
Email
Posted: Wed May. 6, 2015
The Deflategate report released Wednesday by investigator Ted Wells concluded New England Patriots personnel likely manipulated the air pressure of the footballs used in the AFC championship game against the Indianapolis Colts.

The report also states that it is probable quarterback Tom Brady "was at least generally aware of... the release of air from Patriots game balls."

Wells: 'More probable than not' Patriots altered footballs

The following text messages are taken directly from the Wells Report:

Before the start of the 2014-15 season, McNally referred to himself as "the deflator" and stated that he was "not going to espn……..yet." On May 9, 2014, McNally and Jastremski exchanged the following text messages:

McNally: You working
Jastremski: Yup
McNally: Nice dude....jimmy needs some kicks....lets make a deal.....come on help the deflator
McNally: Chill buddy im just f----- with you ....im not going to espn........yet

On Oct. 17, 2014, following a Thursday night game between the Patriots and the New York Jets during which Tom Brady complained angrily about the inflation level of the game balls, McNally and Jastremski exchanged the following text messages:

McNally: Tom sucks...im going make that next ball a f----- balloon
Jastremski: Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done...
Jastremski: I told him it was. He was right though...
Jastremski: I checked some of the balls this morn... The refs f----- us...a few of then were at almost 16
Jastremski: They didnt recheck then after they put air in them
McNally: F--- tom ...16 is nothing...wait till next sunday
Jastremski: Omg! Spaz

On Oct. 21, 2014, McNally and Jastremski exchanged the following text messages:

McNally: Make sure you blow up the ball to look like a rugby ball so tom can get used to it before sunday
Jastremski: Omg

On Oct. 23, 2014, three days before a Sunday game against the Chicago Bears, Jastremski and McNally exchanged the following messages:

Jastremski: Can't wait to give you your needle this week :)
McNally: F--- tom....make sure the pump is attached to the needle.....f----- watermelons coming
Jastremski: So angry
McNally: The only thing deflating sun..is his passing rating

The next day, Oct. 24, 2014, Jastremski and McNally exchanged the following messages:

Jastremski: I have a big needle for u this week
McNally: Better be surrounded by cash and newkicks....or its a rugby sunday
McNally: F--- tom
Jastremski: Maybe u will have some nice size 11s in ur locker
McNally: Tom must really be working your balls hard this week

On Jan. 7, 2015, eleven days before the AFC Championship Game, McNally and Jastremski discussed how McNally would have a "big autograph day" and receive items autographed by Brady the following weekend, before the playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens. McNally and Jastremski exchanged the following text messages:

McNally: Remember to put a couple sweet pig skins ready for tom to sign
Jastremski: U got it kid...big autograph day for you
McNally: Nice throw some kicks in and make it real special
Jastremski: It ur lucky. 11?
McNally: 11 or 11 and half kid​

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Shit I think this is hilarious. And also the best thing that could've happened.

The shitchickens lost, and lost in an epic fashion. Then they showed the world what babies they are starting fights after they lost.

Now no one will care the Patriots actually won the game, and will always be associated with cheating.

No one is going to remember the actual game. Well, except this guy:

sherman.nocrop.w529.h316.2x.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
a02_jump_b_goodell_39480105-e1422272750273.jpg

"Hey Rog. Smile and act like this is a pleasant conversation. I have bought you before and I will buy you again. Don't even think of implicating me or my team in this or it will be your balls being deflated. Just rub it off on some low level equipment managers and my pretty boy. He's pretty much done anyway. Oh and there will be a nice little care package for you at the next owners meeting. Who's your favorite owner? Huh? Huh? Huh? Now go fine some player for smoking pot during the off season."

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I hadn't heard of that. If true, I can see how that would affect your decision but did any of those offenses cost your team the SB? I'm asking because I'd like to know. A brief synopsis that is. :LOL:
Hehe yeah all the stuff the 49ers have done would fill a book or two. @GabesHorn summed up the sentiment exactly. As far as "did it cost your team a Super Bowl?" yes -- it cost every other team a fair opportunity at Super Bowls since the teams the 49ers were placing on the field were not equally obtained under the rules.

Going back to the 1981 Super Bowl, look at the 49ers roster -- 7 starters came from other teams, plus Fred Dean, the Defensive Player of the Year. Doesn't sound like a lot, but compare to the Bengals roster (every single starter drafted by Bengals). Seems insane to see today, but remember there was no such thing as free agency in 1981. Teams kept their players for entire careers back then.

It was back when the players (rightfully) were complaining about pay, holding out and even striking. There was no "free agent market", so how did players know they were worth more than what they were getting paid?

What would happen is the 49ers would tell that player they would double their salary so they should hold out and demand to get cut or traded to the 49ers. Fred Dean is a great example of this, a lynchpin to the team success obtained under these circumstances.

So the 49ers were enjoying the benefits of free agency before any other team, by tampering and outspending every other team. Some might argue that the blame is with the other cheapskate owners, fair enough. However, does that excuse fly when people hate against the Yankees? And overspending isn't even illegal in baseball. Take any hate against George Steinbrenner and magnify it a thousand times and that should be what we read about the 49ers. Instead, somehow they weasel out of any blame.

This 49ers scheming was pretty much the reason why the NFL put the salary cap into place, leading to arguably the most tainted Super Bowl in 1994. The free agency glut created a parade of former Pro Bowl player free agents marching to SF signing for *millions less* than other teams were offering. Why? "To play for a chance at a ring" was the company line. My, how noble of them (ha!). Carmen Policy was swooned over by the media for his "salary cap magic". Riiiight, magic.

Well, we know the truth now. The 49ers and their toady agent Leigh Steinberg were eventually busted for paying players under the table. But it was years too late and of course a laughable slap on the wrist. At least the Pats lost a 1st rounder for Spygate, the 49ers lost a fifth and third round pick. Laughably the players still got their money and it still never counted against their cap. And of course the NFL declared any other team that cheats the cap from now on will lose a 1st (just not the 49ers).

In addition to the likely undisclosed money in a briefcase under the table to cheat (the favorite method of their convicted felon owner), they also engaged in many other fun shenanigans like:
And it's not like the 49ers cheating and the NFL letting them get away with it is over with and in the past.

See this "best and worst contracts" article gushing over their fine work with Joe Staley: "the 49ers front loaded the contract with two large roster bonuses, $11 million in 2009 and $5.6 million in 2010, allowing them to dump around 40% of the base contract value into the uncapped year".

Now see the NFL punished the Cowboys, Redskins, Raiders and Saints for "using the uncapped year to reduce future cap room"; i.e., doing the exact same thing!

So for the same behavior the 49ers get a hand job from the media while the other teams get bitch-slapped by the NFL, pretty much sums it all up.

Alan

Legend
Fatbot with his condensed version of Whiner shenanigans:
Stuff.
Good thing I didn't ask you for the long version. :LOL:

I actually knew about that stuff. I'm probably not placing enough importance on that as I should and for sure not as much as you do. I was looking for a particular instance of cheating rather than something systemic. To me, that's more of a butterfly effect than what the Patriots did to steal our SB victory. Plus, they keep finding new and inventive ways to cheat or get an unfair advantage. Puts them at a different level in my mind.

I understand why your feelings about the Whiners are what they are but that was long before I became a fan of the Rams. Even though I have no real reason to hate them I have developed a kind of empathetic hatred of them just by talking to you guys all the time. They're number 3 on my list right behind the Cheatriots and the Cowgirls. I don't have much hate in me so it gets spread pretty thin by the time I get to the Whiners but I'll try harder in the future. :lifting: :LOL:

jmyb53

UDFA
Name
Ricardo
http://www.vocativ.com/news/191003/tom-bradys-deflated-ball-bribes-worth-36000/

Tom Brady's Deflated Ball "Bribes" Worth $36,000
Share this Tweet this
By Abigail Tracy May 07, 2015
The pile of gifts Patriots quarterback Tom Brady gave the team’s equipment manager and locker room attendant as they deflated balls to help him win games are worth at least $36,000—a paltry sum to reach the Super Bowl especially for a player who makes an average of $9 million a season.

The NFL’s investigation into “Deflategate” identified equipment manager Jim McNally and locker room assistant John Jastremski as having “participated in a deliberate effort to release air from the Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee” in the AFC championship game against the Indianapolis Colts. The 243-page report concluded Brady was “at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities” and that he more than likely knew the game balls were deflated. Damning text message exchanges between McNally and Jastremski pointed to Brady’s involvement and indicated the Patriots quarterback bribed the two workers for their involvement.

The investigative report outlined various gifts Brady gave to McNally and Jastremski over the years and leading up to the contested game. McNally received two practice balls signed by Brady before the divisional playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens. Memorabilia appraisal expert Tony Geise told Vocativ the balls are worth between $1,500 and $2,000 each. Brady also gifted McNally an autographed game-worn jersey. Geise estimates the jersey would command upwards of $30,000.

“Brady is a very tough autograph. He only does one signing a year, so to get to him is very difficult. He is probably the most expensive autograph in football today of today’s current players,” said Geise, consignment director at Memorabilia Experts.

Jastremski also received gifts from Brady in the months leading up the AFC game, but one coveted item in particular. Brady became the sixth quarterback in history to achieve 50,000 passing yards in a game against the Cincinnati Bengals. In text messages after the game, Jastremski bragged that Brady autographed the ball he used to hit the benchmark and gave it to him as a gift after the game. In the report Jastremski insisted that his previous text messages weren’t truthful and that the ball was actually just a general ball used during the game signed by Brady.

If it was just a game ball used against the Bengals, the ball could be worth between $3,000 and $5,000. If it is in fact the ball that actually surpassed the 50,000 yard mark, Geise said the ball would easily be worth a five figure sum. “When you start to talk one-of-one and historical terms, the prices go way up from there,” he said.

Jastremski also shared that he received $1,500 “supplemental tip” from Brady during the 2014 holiday season and $500 in cash or gift cards from the quarterback in years past. Additionally, Brady reportedly gave the locker room attendant two tickets to a Los Angeles Lakers game, which had an average price of $102 a pop during the 2014 to 2015 season.

Read More:

jmyb53

UDFA
Name
Ricardo
everything? I vote for the rack.

Tom Brady discipline: 'everything is being considered'
Two notable topics dominate the NFL landscape now and both affect the Miami Dolphins to varying degrees.

The small tidbit of news I can offer is that the NFL is weighing a suspension of New England quarterback Tom Brady that could span up to one season. "Everything is being studied, everything is being considered," an NFL source with knowledge of the disciplinary procedure told me Wednesday night.

The source said it would be wrong to think a season-long suspension will absolutely be the punishment doled out because that decision had not been finalized at the time of our conversation. But he also said it would be wrong to dismiss such an extended and seemingly improbable length of time as the ceiling for discipline.

The source declined to give a discipline floor, or the most lenient discipline Brady is facing. Interestingly, the source did not mention possible discipline for New England coach Bill Belichick or owner Robert Kraft.

It is clear the NFL is expecting to hand down some sort of discipline on #deflategate following the unveiling of the Ted Wells report at 1 p.m. Wednesday.

The process is in the hands of NFL executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent and others.

(Yes, the Troy Vincent who was drafted by the Miami Dolphins, and also played for the Buffalo Bills, Washington Redskins, and Philadelphia Eagles).

ESPN has reported the NFL would respond to this Wells Report (there was another, you may recall) within days, not weeks.

That time frame is correct.

Obviously, if Brady misses the entire season, the AFC East is up for grabs. Indeed, this has implications beyond the division.

The last time a team other than New England won the AFC East was 2008 when the Dolphins won the division in a year Brady was injured the first regular-season game and missed the rest of the year.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...iscipline-everything-is-being-considered.html

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
a paltry sum to reach the Super Bowl especially for a player who makes an average of $9 million a season.

man i get irritated every time i read this. that is his salary. he got a signing bonus of around $30m. so he averaged 14 or 15m a season.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Tom's agent says you guys are just jealous.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-nfl-agendas-regarding-the-outcome-of-games/

Yee hints at NFL “agendas” regarding the outcome of games
Posted by Mike Florio on May 8, 2015

Agent Don Yee presumably has been making phone calls to TV and radio shows in recent days because he believes the things he’s saying will help his client, Tom Brady. As noted here (twice) in the past 24 hours, Yee’s efforts aren’t helping. And they could eventually hurt Brady.

Appearing last night on NPR, Yee suggested that the decisions made in the #DeflateGate case were driven by an agenda against Brady and the Patriots.

“I do think there was some malice intended toward Tom and the organization,” Yee said. “I don’t know if the malice was intentional. They’ve been winning for a long time, as we know, and I’ve always told my friends who’ve inquired about the NFL — I tell them, there is no jealousy or envy like NFL jealousy or envy.

Does this mean that the NFL was willing to allow the AFC title game to be tainted by the use of footballs that were below the minimum PSI in the hopes of catching Brady and the Patriots in the act?

“I’m not necessarily saying that,” Yee said. “I’m saying that it’s my opinion that there may be people within the NFL who have certain agendas as to how they want to see certain teams perform or how games be staged.”

It’s not clear what that really means. It could mean that Yee believes some people in the league office have preferences regarding the outcome of games and are willing to take steps that will make a given result more likely.

While sentiments like that often are expressed by zealous fans and hot-take artists, Yee takes a real risk by suggesting that games are nudged a certain way at a time when the NFL will be deciding how long to nudge his client out of the NFL. Although Brady himself has opted not to discuss the matter, Yee is doing so on Brady’s behalf. The words spoken by Yee are, essentially, words spoken by Brady.

All things considered, it would be better if Yee were speaking no words on Brady’s behalf.

rams2050

Starter
Well, since the Patriots have been winning for such a looooooooooong time, and since we KNOW that they have been cheating in at least a couple of ways, then maybe, just maybe, some of that winning was due to quite a bit of cheating that no one has yet figured out how to prove.

Yee better keep it buckled up or the powers-that-be in the NFL may begin taking good, hard looks at other aspects of the Cheats' 'winning' ways.