Stafford to the Vikings trade talks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Vikings are 5-1 so why would they want a QB from a 2-4 team?
It’s a good question.

The reality of it all, is that They will be better with Stafford.

With Stafford on the Queens, they are a contender.

Darnold is doing fine, but does anyone think he’s a guy that can lead them to a Super Bowl? Possibly, but not definitely.

Matt sure can.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

If I was the Vikings I would trade for Stafford and Kupp. And id over pay.

A QB that’s won a Super Bowl in the same offense with his safety blanket, behind a better line, and with Justin Jefferson, and a top defense?

They’d buy a Super Bowl the same was the rams bought one.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If I was the Vikings I would trade for Stafford and Kupp. And id over pay.

A QB that’s won a Super Bowl in the same offense with his safety blanket, behind a better line, and with Justin Jefferson, and a top defense?

They’d buy a Super Bowl the same was the rams bought one.
Considering that franchise's history, it would be very tempting to say, "F#ck it!" ... And go make that trade.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
If we lose Thursday, I think both are getting traded.
Actually the following weeks game is much more important and if you think that two players with that much dead cap tied to them can magically be traded then you’re simply stupid

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
It’s a good question.

The reality of it all, is that They will be better with Stafford.

With Stafford on the Queens, they are a contender.

Darnold is doing fine, but does anyone think he’s a guy that can lead them to a Super Bowl? Possibly, but not definitely.

Matt sure can.
The Rams are trying to establish themselves back in LA, if they trade away a super bowl winning QB and receiver for future draft picks they are hurting their effort... I don't see this happening.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Same reason the Rams wanted a QB from what was, at the time, a perennially losing franchise in the Detroit Lions - the QB would be an upgrade at the most important position in the game.

Glad to hear the trade rumours are false!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The Rams are trying to establish themselves back in LA, if they trade away a super bowl winning QB and receiver for future draft picks they are hurting their effort... I don't see this happening.
I don’t either, but never say never.

The Goff trade was a shocker as well, that nobody expected.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The Rams don't float their trade options in the media. The first time the media know anything about a Rams trade is after the fact.

So all these fucking rumours are fucking crap.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I'm all for trading Kupp, to get out from under his huge contract.
I'm not in favor of trading Stafford for less than two 1st rounders. If he's gone, we are going to be in purgatory for a while.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm all for trading Kupp, to get out from under his huge contract.
I'm not in favor of trading Stafford for less than two 1st rounders. If he's gone, we are going to be in purgatory for a while.
Life without Stafford freaks me out.
So much so, that I wish we already had his successor waiting on the sidelines.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The entire current Rams organization is built around McVay. He strategizes with Les. Les then finds the solutions closest to what his coach desires because he knows the league GMs, and values of players and picks in team building, and the draft. They make a very strong team. But if push comes to shove the organization is still aligned around McVay. Every player they cut bait on it is because the Coach says it's time. Not because Les says it. That is not his role and it's an important distinction.

Les runs the drafts and rightly so. But McVay drives what they are after. Just like Fisher did before him. And when McVay gets a bit nuts with shit I am sure Les reigns him in or tries to. Les is a talented GM overall. But McVay is a Hall of Fame coach. Perspective is something fans lose quite often on this I think.

Re: Stafford I agree and have said as much myself. But what the Rams are doing is projecting their window and asking themselves what it looks like a year from now, two years from now, etc. If the strength of the overall roster requires a LT, for example, as well as a pass game stud to replace Kupp, that means they need two big time first round pieces that are probably needed as early in the draft as possible. Which means just for the LT alone they may need to move up, which itself means they might need to give up additional picks including futures. From there what does Stafford look like when the roster arrives.

Now if they believe in Jackson at LT things are more manageable. Then all they need is the offensive weapon. But I don't think they trust Jackson. I certainly don't, not after he just got suspended for the first two fucking games and piled on our woes right out the gate. We can see the wear and tear on Stafford from that Detroit game as the season has unfolded. If they do, however, then they can easily find a weapon and maybe even a QB2 type to stick behind him who might develop into a game manager type starter.

So I don't want to trade Stafford or Kupp for the record. But I'm not the dude looking at wins/losses from a window perspective over the next, oh I don't know, let's say 4 years. If McVay is willing to finish this rebuild and ride that window, then maybe he's thinking "ok Les it's time to rip the bandaid off." It seems radical but then again McVay is bold as hell. This is the guy who moved Goff a year after paying him. He is completely ruthless and that ruthlessness is one of his strengths. Hope this all blows over and is just media nonsense but I've learned not to underestimate McVay & Snead. They're on a different level.

Agree with your assessment. I don't think however, that the Rams are needing a complete rebuild. The defense needs CB help, but one wrecking ball player added to the front 7 along with LB upgrades will make the defense top 10. IMO. The offense is good if everyone is healthy. We're a few players away from being in the top tier in the NFL, IMO.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame

The Rams don't float their trade options in the media. The first time the media know anything about a Rams trade is after the fact.

So all these fucking rumours are fucking crap.

The Stafford rumor was clearly BS, the person floating the trade was a complete nobody. Not even a media person. And the Vikings made no sense as a trade partner.

Disagree slightly. We knew they were shopping Jones before he was traded. Ramsey, Floyd before he was eventually cut, Goff, Woods. They were shopping Tavon around before his restructure.