Stafford is fine! Negative xray

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Well Fuck.... hopefully it's not much

Rams' Matthew Stafford injures surgically repaired thumb at practice, team is 'hopeful' about status​

There's yet another NFL QB injury scare -- this time in LA​

[IMG alt=" Patrik Walker
"]https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2019/08/03/a2626c17-ee71-476a-87fe-3dc2d532f99a/thumbnail/80x80/76de2560ebdcf1a763a1da33692603ea/patrik-walker-700.png[/IMG]

By Patrik Walker

2 hrs ago2 min read

MatthewStafford.jpg
© Robert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sports
Only one day after hearing news that the Indianapolis Colts might be without quarterback Carson Wentz for a significant amount of time due to a foot injury suffered in training camp, the Los Angeles Rams find themselves looking for answers regarding Matthew Stafford -- another high-profile QB who is looking for a fresh start in 2021. Stafford suffered an injury in practice when his surgically repaired thumb slammed into a defender's helmet, per the Los Angeles Times, and the team wasn't exactly forthcoming in detailing what the prognosis might be on a return to the field.
"We'll see," head coach Sean McVay said of the injury. "He's so tough as it is. Look at what he played through all last year to get the thumb cleaned up. He's a tough guy. We'll see what they say and take it one day at a time."
It'll be a familiar face in backup quarterback John Wolford taking over the QB1 snaps until further notice.
In early March, Stafford underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in the thumb in question, so it stands to reason the Rams would be nervous about seeing it make forceful contact with a helmet.
To McVay's point, though, Stafford played through the injury in 2020 and finished the year and his career with the Detroit Lions having thrown for 4,084 yards and 26 touchdowns to 10 interceptions over a full 16-game slate -- missing zero games last season -- while also nursing a torn ligament in his elbow, an ankle sprain and a broken rib. That said, the Rams would prefer him completely healthy to start the 2021 season, and especially after having made a blockbuster trade to make him the face of the franchise, shipping away Jared Goff to Detroit as a part of the deal.

The Rams upgraded at quarterback but now have major questions at running back after Cam Akers' Achilles injury. Can Los Angeles still get it done in the rugged NFC West? Stay dialed-in on the CBS Sports app to get the latest news and analysis. If you already have the CBS Sports app, favorite the Rams so you're always in the know.
After all, they've already lost running back Cam Akers to a torn Achilles. And as for Stafford, McVay is regretful more wasn't done to protect the Rams starting QB in practice.
"It's one of those things where I'm saying to myself, I feel stupid that I didn't implement some of the things to prevent that," McVay said. "I've seen some teams around the league where they have those shells on the helmets, where you can soften the blow if you come down on top of it. It's one of those things where you hope you don't have to learn the hard way."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well Fuck.... hopefully it's not much

Rams' Matthew Stafford injures surgically repaired thumb at practice, team is 'hopeful' about status​

There's yet another NFL QB injury scare -- this time in LA​

[IMG alt=" Patrik Walker
"]https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2019/08/03/a2626c17-ee71-476a-87fe-3dc2d532f99a/thumbnail/80x80/76de2560ebdcf1a763a1da33692603ea/patrik-walker-700.png[/IMG]

By Patrik Walker

2 hrs ago2 min read

MatthewStafford.jpg
© Robert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sports
Only one day after hearing news that the Indianapolis Colts might be without quarterback Carson Wentz for a significant amount of time due to a foot injury suffered in training camp, the Los Angeles Rams find themselves looking for answers regarding Matthew Stafford -- another high-profile QB who is looking for a fresh start in 2021. Stafford suffered an injury in practice when his surgically repaired thumb slammed into a defender's helmet, per the Los Angeles Times, and the team wasn't exactly forthcoming in detailing what the prognosis might be on a return to the field.
"We'll see," head coach Sean McVay said of the injury. "He's so tough as it is. Look at what he played through all last year to get the thumb cleaned up. He's a tough guy. We'll see what they say and take it one day at a time."
It'll be a familiar face in backup quarterback John Wolford taking over the QB1 snaps until further notice.
In early March, Stafford underwent surgery to repair a torn ligament in the thumb in question, so it stands to reason the Rams would be nervous about seeing it make forceful contact with a helmet.
To McVay's point, though, Stafford played through the injury in 2020 and finished the year and his career with the Detroit Lions having thrown for 4,084 yards and 26 touchdowns to 10 interceptions over a full 16-game slate -- missing zero games last season -- while also nursing a torn ligament in his elbow, an ankle sprain and a broken rib. That said, the Rams would prefer him completely healthy to start the 2021 season, and especially after having made a blockbuster trade to make him the face of the franchise, shipping away Jared Goff to Detroit as a part of the deal.

The Rams upgraded at quarterback but now have major questions at running back after Cam Akers' Achilles injury. Can Los Angeles still get it done in the rugged NFC West? Stay dialed-in on the CBS Sports app to get the latest news and analysis. If you already have the CBS Sports app, favorite the Rams so you're always in the know.
After all, they've already lost running back Cam Akers to a torn Achilles. And as for Stafford, McVay is regretful more wasn't done to protect the Rams starting QB in practice.
"It's one of those things where I'm saying to myself, I feel stupid that I didn't implement some of the things to prevent that," McVay said. "I've seen some teams around the league where they have those shells on the helmets, where you can soften the blow if you come down on top of it. It's one of those things where you hope you don't have to learn the hard way."
Merged this into the other because I figured we'd all like the other title.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I wonder who the defender was and how long he's got left on the team?

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
I wonder who the defender was and how long he's got left on the team?

It was AD. Aka the only one who could get away with this blunder lol

Thank the heavens above he’s gonna be fine!!!

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I heard the initial reports I couldn’t help but think we were cursed. This is amazing news. Stafford is tough as nails and as long as he can grip the ball he will play