Stafford Can't / Won't Win A Playoff Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Well Ward should feel confident. He is a hell of a player and to date the Rams' threat with their WR3/4s and TEs haven't challenged him.
That wasn't the point of his comment. He was asking why Stafford didn't win in Detroit.

And Jimmie Ward questioning someone else' s lack of playoff success is stupid when he has none himself. He has spent every January except one sitting on the couch watching the playoffs on TV with the rest of his 49er teammates.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I didn't say you did I just asked a question. Imo you can't separate team record and qb record. Why? Because they get all the credit when they win and all the blame when they lose (unless your Stafford). Plus it's the single most important position in football and it's not even close. Stafford is the only qb in my lifetime (only 29) that I've seen lose consistently and gets credit for it....how is that a thing? Because he has a rocket arm? Never seen that in football ever.
Just because people give all the credit and blame to the QB, doesn't mean it is correct.
The good news is, we will see this season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is my biggest concern right here. Stafford just isn't a winner he wasn't in college and still isn't to this day. Hofer (imo goat) receiver didn't matter, top 5 defense again didn't matter dude still lost. How ppl can place blame solely on the Lions and make excuses for Stafford when some of those people blamed jg for every L we took is just confusing to me.
Since I believe a losing organization with maybe 3 good-great players during Stafford's time with the Lions IS the major factor with Stafford's results in Detroit (They are called the Rebuilding Since 1957, Detroit Lions, for a reason), I have heard only a few exclusively blame JG for the losses/deficiencies in LA. I believe we could have continued to win with him, but Oline decisions hurt him. Those roll outs he was doing so often was to give him more time when protection collapsed. BUT, JG had serious deficiencies and those deficiencies would be exploited so that we never would win a Super Bowl with him, imo. Will Stafford get us over the hump? I think so, but who the eff knows unless we try? Stafford is a guy with greater throwing ability who can make insane off schedule throws from his back foot with accuracy. He's a guy that sees the field extremely well and isn't locked onto a particular receiever like Jared seemed to do too often. Stafford has a better ability to escape pressure than Jared, which is handy when that Oline breaks down.

It's worth it to me for the Rams to not play it safe with a decent QB like Jared and go for the Lombardi with Matthew Stafford. Since I was a Ram's fan in 1969, we have only won one Super Bowl. I'd like a few more before I die, instead of an occasional NFC West Championship...

Cromwell

All Pro 21
Name
Tom
This is my biggest concern right here. Stafford just isn't a winner he wasn't in college and still isn't to this day. Hofer (imo goat) receiver didn't matter, top 5 defense again didn't matter dude still lost. How ppl can place blame solely on the Lions and make excuses for Stafford when some of those people blamed jg for every L we took is just confusing to me.
Nice try with Stafford "wasn't a winner in college" lol? - Stafford won every bowl game in college and started as a true freshman after finishing highschool early! He had a come from behind victory in Georgia's bowl game as a true freshman. Stafford won all three school rival games his sophomore year with a route in that years bowl game. Stafford entered his junior year as a Heisman favorite, Georgia had the longest win streak of all 66 Bcs contenders and Stafford then broke the school record for passing touchdowns and won MVP in that years bowl game win before being selected number one in the NFL draft instead of his senior year of college . Yeah not a winner lol

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Nice try with Stafford "wasn't a winner in college" lol? - Stafford won every bowl game in college and started as a true freshman after finishing highschool early! He had a come from behind victory in Georgia's bowl game as a true freshman. Stafford won all three school rival games his sophomore year with a route in that years bowl game. Stafford entered his junior year as a Heisman favorite, Georgia had the longest win streak of all 66 Bcs contenders and Stafford then broke the school record for passing touchdowns and won MVP in that years bowl game win before being selected number one in the NFL draft instead of his senior year of college . Yeah not a winner lol
Virginia tech, Hawaii and Michigan state. Am I supposed to be impressed that he beat those schools when he played for Georgia? Jake fromm could've won those games. Speaking of fromm you could make the argument he played in more meaningful games then Stafford (Rose bowl and National championship). Tho fromm did lose to Texas which he had no business losing that game.
So yea I stand by what I said.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That wasn't the point of his comment. He was asking why Stafford didn't win in Detroit.

And Jimmie Ward questioning someone else' s lack of playoff success is stupid when he has none himself. He has spent every January except one sitting on the couch watching the playoffs on TV with the rest of his 49er teammates.
I wasn't addressing anyone's point. I was just making an observation.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Well said. The last two sentences are Absolutely the exact way I feel.
I am a Rams fan first.
Yep. And I am taking dudes advice and ignoring him. My first ignore!!!

giphy (2).gif

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Your only agenda seems to be to spark more Stafford/Goff debate. You and Philly have made your side clear. You are not only pro Goff, but seemingly ANTI Stafford. Sorry... can't abide that BS.

I'll admit, I loved Goff and was stunned when he was traded.

I'm over it. I'm a huge fan of our new QB now . More than anything, I'm a Rams fan.
We are allowed to debate the trade are we not? Free country last time I checked.

Just pointed out the idea that this is a trade of 2 QBs where one never got credit for winning a f*ck ton of games, and quite a few big ones, where the other QB never got blamed for rarely winning games let alone big ones.

Just interesting in my view. And I hope the one that bever got blamed was indeed simply unable to overcome his surrounding's... or whatever the excuses were.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
AD inspires by example, and always has. So he doesn't need "his chance to lead," since he's already been doing it.
1626924962867.png

This is an example of what I mean(see) with AD. He is busting on someone.Keeps the group loose,but together.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
1626925092088.png

This is an example of Coach Henderson being hands on !!
He gets into with his players.They bond & work together.Will also note 90 E.Brown looks like he will surprise Rams Fans sooner than later.He has the Size, Strength, & is into learning the game.Likes to get physical.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame

Regardless of the point ( and I agree with your interpretation )
I just want take this time to thank Jimmie Ward for the quote.
This is going to make for some very nice bulletin board material.