So, which of our new stud players will have the most positive impact this year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

which of these 4 studs will provide the most Ram boost this year?

• Ndamukong Suh. Could “finish” this DL as it becomes a league nightmare.

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Aquib Talib. Proven crafty CB that can neutralize opposing #1 WR.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Marcus Peters. Amazing young CB that can play any scheme that Wade can dream up, and play it well.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Brandin Cooks. The WR that McVay actually wanted in the first place.

Votes: 28 40.6%

• Total voters

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
"Be patient with the negative people of the world. Take a moment to think how they are helping you clarify your own thinking and firming your own resolve. Then, headslap them out of your way." - Deacon Jones

I LOVE this quote!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Talib has experience playing in Wade's D... and he snatches on mean chain.

He'd be my guess.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
But look at the personal fouls Suh has committed.........some have been really out of line and earned him suspensions you know.

Yes, I agree, his self control can be an issue. I mean, you have to keep your cool after your opponent, spits in your face, chops your knees, calls your mom a whore, tries to poke your eye out. Suh has reacted like I probably would have in those situations. You do have to be more clandestine in your revenge.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yes, I agree, his self control can be an issue. I mean, you have to keep your cool after your opponent, spits in your face, chops your knees, calls your mom a whore, tries to poke your eye out. Suh has reacted like I probably would have in those situations. You do have to be more clandestine in your revenge.

Defend it all you want but his peers have ranked him the dirtiest player a few times and he has often been in the top 10.

I don't know of any incident where someone spit in his face or chopped his knees, called his mom a whore or tried to poke his eye out and he retaliated. I think he has temper tantrums when he gets manhandled on some plays, or in some games and goes off. He didn't have any issues that I recall hearing about in college, but the pros are different and even the best get their ass handed to them sometimes.........he just reacts to it badly.

He chilled out a little in MIA so I am hoping he doesn't go Richie Incognito and cost the Rams a game next year since each week is important on the quest for home field.

He's been fined as much or more than any player I can remember, and most of them have been for trying to intentionally hurt a player and often after the whistle.

Here is a fun list. I think Alzado could have been #1 and John Lynch should have made the Honorable Mention section because that fuck was the helmet to helmet hit Queen of All Time during his playing days. He went under the helmet into the neck and chin more than any player I can recall..........

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/07/03/the-5-dirtiest-players-in-nfl-history/

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
But look at the personal fouls Suh has committed.........some have been really out of line and earned him suspensions you know.

Wow. On some of those plays it looked like he was playing defense. The horror.

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
And also playing dork cheapshot guy.
But the important thing to remember is that now he is OUR dickhead. Pulled off correctly, or more subtly I should say, will make our defense edgy. I like the idea of that. I have confidence that Mr Phillips can help Suh channel some of that aggression. I hope so anyways hahaha.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Deacon never did the crappy things Suh has done though.

And just like that - credibility gone.
You don’t care what you say. He did way, way worse shit.

OT, I found you’re mattress post very interesting and informative.
Have a firm 4” firm Temperpedic on a solid plywood base which I love to death, and wondering how the latex one would be better. The supposed air circulation thing doesn’t seem to be a big issue in dry (VEGAS) climates, I do NOT want it softer, so what’s the big advantage.

Mine wasn’t cheap either - $2000+., but 15 years now it’s been great. It’s a Cal King though, heavy and a total bitch to move.
Are the latex ones lighter?

When your done takin’ down Suh, go back to yelling at those bitches feeding their dogs off there plates. Can’t have that.
Quit getting so upset about stuff - should be mellower at your age, specially living in laid back land.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dont like Suh, he is a freaking turd and a dirty player. But with him on the DL, I have to be objective, it's clearly going to be him. This was already a DL that freaked up game plans, and now added a player that is a really good compliment.

There are two players in front of a 3-4 that demand double teams. That leaves one player in the front of the 3-4 one on one. And four guys right behind them that can be moved all over.

The front 7 is going to be making a disaster out of game plans..........the secondary will get some of the fruits of that.

This team could get to the SB.

Well, I disagree 'bout Suh, but I'll leave it at that.

That said, I think all three of our DL demand double teams. Team typically double Brockers because if he's left one on one, he tends to win. No OL will have enough to block our three down linemen let alone whichever LB or CB comes and typically Wade sends 4 or 5.

Based on how the pieces seem to fit together, from a pattern perspective, this defense has all the pieces to be historically good.

The biggest noticeable piece will clearly be Brandin Cooks. The D will be there, but teams are going to have to decide to run (and you can't run outside all day) against Brockers, Suh, and Donald or they throw against Talib, Peters, Johnson and Joyner and neither is going to be easy or fun.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Defend it all you want but his peers have ranked him the dirtiest player a few times and he has often been in the top 10.

I don't know of any incident where someone spit in his face or chopped his knees, called his mom a whore or tried to poke his eye out and he retaliated. I think he has temper tantrums when he gets manhandled on some plays, or in some games and goes off. He didn't have any issues that I recall hearing about in college, but the pros are different and even the best get their ass handed to them sometimes.........he just reacts to it badly.

He chilled out a little in MIA so I am hoping he doesn't go Richie Incognito and cost the Rams a game next year since each week is important on the quest for home field.

He's been fined as much or more than any player I can remember, and most of them have been for trying to intentionally hurt a player and often after the whistle.

Here is a fun list. I think Alzado could have been #1 and John Lynch should have made the Honorable Mention section because that freak was the helmet to helmet hit Queen of All Time during his playing days. He went under the helmet into the neck and chin more than any player I can recall..........

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/07/03/the-5-dirtiest-players-in-nfl-history/

Can't follow you here, bro.

This is a rehash, but in the Green Bay game, Dietrich-Smith tried to break his back by blocking down on him and even admitted that they entire GB line had it out for him doing super dirty stuff to him because they knew he was provokable and it would end up in a penalty and/or a DQ. So they intentionally played him super dirty. And Dietrich-Smith was known for being a ridiculously dirty player in the trenches. If you watch that play frame by frame, I think Suh was restrained. If I'm as strong as Suh and dude tries to break my back? Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong.

Yes, Suh has responded to dirty and that's just asking for further provocation. That said, he's not initiated dirty like guys like Rodney Harrison has.

And the knees is a real thing. Suh has had more chop blocks go uncalled than anyone in the league and it isn't close. I watched part of a Miami game and it was so obvious that I think I saw something like six obvious chop blocks go uncalled, several seemed with the intent to injure.

So while I don't condone the retaliation, it takes provocation to incite retaliation and if the refs would just call the game straight up, this wouldn't be an issue.

Problem is that they've allowed so much to go unpunished for so long that the talent deficit between most DL and most OL is so substantial that if they did call the game straight up according to the rules, the scores would plummet. We'd eventually see better athletes going to play OL, but that takes time and the league isn't about to see scoring go down substantially.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
What a dilemma, which pro-bowler do you choose??

TBH I'm not 100% sure that Cooks will be a stand-out, the ball will have to be shared between him, woods, Kupp and Gurley for a start - will he be a massive upgrade over SammyW, yes he will.

As for Talib and Peters, I'm not sure that they'll shine that much either, because I seriously doubt that opposing QBs are going to have the time to throw the ball.

Which brings me to Suh, how do you improve a scary good D-line? You add a bigger scarier monster to the ride, I've gone for Suh, because you can't double team all 3 on that line, someone has to be left 1 on 1... God rest your should QBs...

Tano

Legend
I know this is in contradiction to the question but I am still going to say Donald because how are they going to put 2 to 3 linemen on Donald now.

dang

Legend
Things get nasty in an NFL scrum. That said Suh does have a reputation but as long as he performs for the Rams and doesn’t hurt them with bonehead plays I embrace his ferocity/reputation into our DL. Also I don’t recall any of his worst offenses occurring while he was with the Fins.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And just like that - credibility gone.
You don’t care what you say. He did way, way worse crap.

Like stomping on people?

I don't know about that!

OT, I found you’re mattress post very interesting and informative.
Have a firm 4” firm Temperpedic on a solid plywood base which I love to death, and wondering how the latex one would be better. The supposed air circulation thing doesn’t seem to be a big issue in dry (VEGAS) climates, I do NOT want it softer, so what’s the big advantage.

Mine wasn’t cheap either - $2000+., but 15 years now it’s been great. It’s a Cal King though, heavy and a total bitch to move.
Are the latex ones lighter?

Latex breathes better and climate isn't relevant there.

Latex like memory foam comes in a variety of firmness levels, so you can get what you want as far as "feel".

The big differences are latex is natural, so no off gas but if your mattress is 15 years old that shouldn't be an issue, and you sleep "on it" rather than "in it" so it sort of a buoyant feel to it, some people say it's a floating feeling. It also has the best pressure relief and support. Your mattress is probably due for replacement so try out latex when you shop. While memory foam doesn't get body impressions the foam underneath it will over time so you end up with a dip, or sag. Most people don't know that a memory foam mattress is not memory foam from top to bottom, only the top one to 5 inches, and usually it's not more than 3 or 4 inches. The foam it's adhered to is just regular foam and manufacturers use various qualities of "base" foam. Some, like Tempur, are great quality, some are shit and only last a few years.

FYI if you sleep on your back or stomach a firm mattress is fine, if you sleep on your side you should try something softer. Firmer isn't better despite the myth that it is.

Latex is every bit as heavy as memory foam or heavier, a K size can weigh in at 200 pounds or more. More than likely you have a K size, not a California King. A K size is 76" x 80" and a Cal K is 72" x 84", it's narrower but a little longer which is great for someone really tall. People often confuse the two for some reason.

Well, I disagree 'bout Suh, but I'll leave it at that.

His peers vote him onto the dirty list time and time again. He's been fined more than any player I can think of because of late hits, kicking people, and all the rest.

He even kicked someone in the balls once.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Things get nasty in an NFL scrum. That said Suh does have a reputation but as long as he performs for the Rams and doesn’t hurt them with bonehead plays I embrace his ferocity/reputation into our DL. Also I don’t recall any of his worst offenses occurring while he was with the Fins.

Yes and I pointed that out, he hasn't had any issues since he went to Miami..........I suspect knowing he could get suspended for multiple games is keeping him in check because with the money he is making 4-6 games is a ton of cash.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
FYI if you sleep on your back or stomach a firm mattress is fine, if you sleep on your side you should try something softer. Firmer isn't better despite the myth that it is.

Latex is every bit as heavy as memory foam or heavier, a K size can weigh in at 200 pounds or more. More than likely you have a K size, not a California King. A K size is 76" x 80" and a Cal K is 72" x 84", it's narrower but a little longer which is great for someone really tall. People often confuse the two for some reason.

Thanks Les - I used to sleep on my back, but snore too much so now I sleep on my side, so I will definitely check latex out.

And it is a Cal King - which I will never buy again.
Love the size (only 6-2, but like the extra length) but finding bedding for it is a bitch!