So what do we do about receiver

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I kinda prefer the 4th round high upside guys in this draft like Keyarris Garrett and Charone Peake. They fit the mold of the typical X receiver more than guys who will go in round 1 and 2.

we could package the 4th and 6 we got from the titens for a high 3rd and get a te or wr

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think that NOW the Rams can actually attract a WR like Boldin. He doesn't want to come in here and have Keenum passes sail by his head. Them getting serious about QB changes that equation, and Boldin is a nice one or two year guy to "bridge" things to next year when they get a WR high.
This is what i've been saying for months. (y)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously. He has been playing well in this division with SF for the past few years.
In his last 13 games as a 49er vs Arizona/Seattle he has 50 catches for 674 yards and 3 tds
Cant say that's being shut down....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your comment about Fitzpatrick is a straw man argument. It is beneath you. If Fitzpatrick was 28 he'd be signed right now.

Statistically speaking quarterbacks tend to remain productive at much older ages than wide receivers. Of course you know that already.
Straw man? Nah, just talking to someone who's moving the goal posts while just complaining.
You haven't supported your theory about why Boldin cant contribute at 36. I have

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is Kamar Aiken worth a 2nd round pick? He was pretty good last year and got a 2nd round tender

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Bring back Welker for one. Doesn't cost anything but salary. Snisher has been really good at finding UDFA's.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I kinda prefer the 4th round high upside guys in this draft like Keyarris Garrett and Charone Peake. They fit the mold of the typical X receiver more than guys who will go in round 1 and 2.

I totally agree in terms of Keyarris Garrett. Big receiver with hands.

Ram Man

Rookie
Straw man? Nah, just talking to someone who's moving the goal posts while just complaining.
You haven't supported your theory about why Boldin cant contribute at 36. I have

Boldin will be the ONLY 36 yr. old WR in the league this year. Ask why that is. The guys his age have all retired. As WR's age past a certain point they become less effective. A handful of WR's have remained productive at 36 but very few. It would be even harder for Boldin to be productive at his age with a rookie quarterback.

http://post.leaguesafe.com/the-wr-senior-tour/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/08/27/age-of-decline-wr/

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bring back Welker for one. Doesn't cost anything but salary. Snisher has been really good at finding UDFA's.

Welker's a good point. I agree Rams need to bring him back on a short term deal.

When I went through last season's tape Welker was one of those guys who had played a lot better than I realized. He was open quite often but either not thrown to, or the throw missed him. Very similar to Tavon in that you need an accurate QB to maximize his value IMO.

Rams will have that now.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Your comment about Fitzpatrick is a straw man argument. It is beneath you. If Fitzpatrick was 28 he'd be signed right now.

Statistically speaking quarterbacks tend to remain productive at much older ages than wide receivers. Of course you know that already.
Slow your roll man. You are talking to members that have been posting here for quite some time. Think of it as if you are having a beer with some friends - not like an internet troll trying to get bounced.

manmaderam

The one and only
Just sign the ol' first rounder WR A.J. Jenkins and the rams will be all set!! just kidding.......kinda

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Boldin will be the ONLY 36 yr. old WR in the league this year. Ask why that is. The guys his age have all retired. As WR's age past a certain point they become less effective. A handful of WR's have remained productive at 36 but very few. It would be even harder for Boldin to be productive at his age with a rookie quarterback.

http://post.leaguesafe.com/the-wr-senior-tour/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/08/27/age-of-decline-wr/

At this point, we're well aware of your argument. But your argument centers around general trends rather than Boldin. How likely was it that Boldin would produce the way he did in 2013, 2014, or 2015? Hell, if we used your methodologies on Jerry Rice, we would have determined it was impossible for him to produce the way he did in Oakland.

Point being that you're focusing on a general rule but not recognizing why Anquan Boldin can be the exception.(kind of like how he was the exception to the rule about WRs running a 4.7 or worse in the 40)

Is Kamar Aiken worth a 2nd round pick? He was pretty good last year and got a 2nd round tender

No. Aiken isn't good.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
My posts are equally as uninformed as the rest of the posters here. I consider myself to be in good company in that respect.;)
Tell us how you really feel about the people at ROD. :shades:

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

I don't see the purpose in bringing back Welker. The Rams passing game evolves around the running game and throwing play action passes. This means intermediate to longer routes for the wide outs and short routes to the "blockers", RB's and TE's. Welker is quick, not fast. He's good for a short area, quick tempo passing game but that's about it. The Rams need receivers who can block in the running game and get upfield with speed and nuanced route running.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
well damn. i thought they only used like 42m on ppl this offseason after starting with 60m

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Right now without any transactions and without a cap increase we're at just over $51 million for 2017.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We should be able to move Mannion for a pick or for a player. Maybe get a third rounder or Mannion and a 4th for a 2nd.