Snaps vs Min

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Off
20241025_042236.jpg

Def
20241025_042358.jpg

ST
Screenshot_20241025_042159_Drive.jpg

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
- Kupp and Puka on a pitch count

-TE rotating a lot, could be because of the short week. Good mix of 12 personnel

- Kyren's the bellcow. Hard to argue given his production

- Looks like Durant got the job at the other corner spot after last weeks performance

- Speights the main LB2, Hummel rotating in. Probably based on down and distance, and role

- Gallimore left the game early with an injury (shoulder?

- Jackson back to STs only after a few snaps last week

Psycho_X

Legend
Speights - seemed a bit shaky in the very beginning but really came into the heat seeking missile we saw in preseason as the game wore on. Had a really nice game. He should see increased playing time imo.

Hummel - we see why he hasn't been playing. Chasing players all game and completely screwed up responsibility on a few TE assignments that resulted in big plays.

Rozeboom - we see why he's still playing because he at least follows his responsibility even if he almost never makes an actual play and is usually just cleaning up his own mess. Both are frustrating to watch though.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Speights - seemed a bit shaky in the very beginning but really came into the heat seeking missile we saw in preseason as the game wore on. Had a really nice game. He should see increased playing time imo.

Hummel - we see why he hasn't been playing. Chasing players all game and completely screwed up responsibility on a few TE assignments that resulted in big plays.

Rozeboom - we see why he's still playing because he at least follows his responsibility even if he almost never makes an actual play and is usually just cleaning up his own mess. Both are frustrating to watch though.
Could've been first game jitters for Speights. Really the entire defense tightened up after the first quarter.

That's the Hummel I remember from last year's preseason. Always chasing the receiver.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Could've been first game jitters for Speights. Really the entire defense tightened up after the first quarter.

That's the Hummel I remember from last year's preseason. Always chasing the receiver.

Hummel was reacting and not acting on plays. He looked lost on a number of crossing routes. But it was his first real game time action this year. He does have good side line to side line speed. He just needs to make sure he's in the right spot and that might come w more playing time. Time will tell.

Speights looked good once he settled another extended week should help him be more comfortable in the upcoming weeks. Let's hope Reeder rides the bench the rest of the year

Ellard80

Legend
You guy are making me laugh.

Hummel looked lost for sure. I remember seeing Speights knife in on a couple run plays.

Nothing really to go on that was substantial.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Doing quick math of the three TEs, their combined snaps were 145% of the offensive plays.

Assuming there was at least one TE on the field for every snap, and no three-TE formations (may not be the case) ... that would mean the Rams used two-TE-sets on 45% of their offensive snaps.

That seems quite a bit higher than recent games.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Doing quick math of the three TEs, their combined snaps were 145% of the offensive plays.

Assuming there was at least one TE on the field for every snap, and no three-TE formations (may not be the case) ... that would mean the Rams used two-TE-sets on 45% of their offensive snaps.

That seems quite a bit higher than recent games.
Yep. 49ers game was the last time, coincidentally also 145%.

DzRams

Starter
Name
Desmal M
-TE rotating a lot, could be because of the short week. Good mix of 12 personnel

- Looks like Durant got the job at the other corner spot after last weeks performance
There were 32 12 personnel snaps. By far the most this year.

It's surprising Witherspoon only got 9 snaps and is apparently behind Wallace now.

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
There were 32 12 personnel snaps. By far the most this year.

It's surprising Witherspoon only got 9 snaps and is apparently behind Wallace now.

Crazy that our two most convincing wins were when McVay used his 12 personnel most. Hope this is a continuing trend, seems like the Rams play their most complete football when mixing it up.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Hummel was reacting and not acting on plays. He looked lost on a number of crossing routes. But it was his first real game time action this year. He does have good side line to side line speed. He just needs to make sure he's in the right spot and that might come w more playing time. Time will tell.

Speights looked good once he settled another extended week should help him be more comfortable in the upcoming weeks. Let's hope Reeder rides the bench the rest of the year
Reeder is on IR.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Quick Observation.

I am re-watching last night's game; and when Minnesota rookie Dallas Turner had a penalty on a punt, I thought to myself that I had not noticed Turner before then.

Turner, along with Jared Verse and Laiatu Latu, were generally regarded as the top-3 Edge players in the Draft.

Turner was selected at #17 overall ... two picks ahead of Verse.

Last night, Dallas Turner played three defensive snaps, out of 71 total defensive plays. About 4%.

Jared Verse played 42 snaps, out of 50 total defensive plays ... that's 84%.

To be fair and objective, Turner is an impressive athlete; and is almost three full years younger than Verse.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Quick Observation.

I am re-watching last night's game; and when Minnesota rookie Dallas Turner had a penalty on a punt, I thought to myself that I had not noticed Turner before then.

Turner, along with Jared Verse and Laiatu Latu, were generally regarded as the top-3 Edge players in the Draft.

Turner was selected at #17 overall ... two picks ahead of Verse.

Last night, Dallas Turner played three defensive snaps, out of 71 total defensive plays. About 4%.

Jared Verse played 42 snaps, out of 50 total defensive plays ... that's 84%.

To be fair and objective, Turner is an impressive athlete; and is almost three full years younger than Verse.
Great observation, and was wondering about him + Latu. I think even Latu isn't doing nearly as well as Verse.
I think we landed the best stud OLB in the '24 draft, hands down. His buddy Fiske isn't too shabby either lol, just wish his arms were about 1" - 2" longer... saw him reach to grasp Darn old once, and juuuust slip by his outstretched fingers.
But, had BY not gotten the safety, 55 would've, either directly or via the hold that Quessenberry put on him.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Great observation, and was wondering about him + Latu. I think even Latu isn't doing nearly as well as Verse.
I think we landed the best stud OLB in the '24 draft, hands down. His buddy Fiske isn't too shabby either lol, just wish his arms were about 1" - 2" longer... saw him reach to grasp Darn old once, and juuuust slip by his outstretched fingers.
But, had BY not gotten the safety, 55 would've, either directly or via the hold that Quessenberry put on him.
Latu's been sort of as advertised. He was the guy that looked like he could plug in and play soon. But he doesn't possess the upside of Verse. Verse is so much better than I thought he was. The power he has in his rush is Bosa type power, that ability to shock OTs and knock them back. The play where the Vikes LT got hurt he was betting popped backward hard. Straight bullied. There aren't a lot of guys who can do that as rooks. Only your top guys have that kind of power.

What Verse looks like is a classic 4-3 end, and an elite one at that. And those guys are so hard to find. This is why 3-4 is more favored, in part, that and the fact you can alter your rush and make the OL guess a bit more. It's easy to find OLBs compared to the classic 4-3 ends who need to be long and rangy but powerful and also with some quickness to them.

Rams got so damn lucky with Verse it's not even funny man. He'd go right after the QBs if that draft got reloaded tonight.