<sigh> Just to be fair to the emotionally injured...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LMAO! Nice....I'm shocked that Avenger and ClanRam isn't on that list....
Oh yeah. I forgot all about Clan Avenger. I mean, Clan Ram. I'll add that to the list.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You can't see me.

fantasy_a_lloyd_mb_576.jpg

PolarBear

Rookie

I told Mike Smith every one would go here if he didn't clean up the forum and He didn't listen, so I hope everyone leaves there so I can pm him a "told you so" message.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I'm not going to call anyone out in particular, but that's exactly what I said. Almost every board was created to offer the *good* posters of the PD an alternative to a board where a few extremely vocal minority dickheads try to ruin their experience.

This is the internet where people get to come and go as they please. Offer people a better alternative and they will flock there. That's the free market system at its finest.

If your site sucks and people leave then it's your own damn fault. You then have two choices, 1) fix it and moderate it, or 2) circle the wagons, whine and point fingers at others.

As someone who didn't want to switch forums at all, I am thrilled with this place. At RamsTalk you had a front page of 12 topics with at best maybe 3 or 4 that weren't just Hating on Bradford or Hijacked at some point by just a few posters. Take away RamBill and there was even less. The Hijacking is the worst to me. As much as I now like this site I don't think you are drawing people here (which I imagine is very hard to do.) as much as they are driving people away. You have a great site here. Keep up the good work!

There are three important aspects to having a good site:

1) the coding and software makes it easy for the member to access and use the site. One example: have you noticed that there aren't 15 or more quotes that you have to wade through before arriving at the post you want to read? That is by design. Have you noticed how easily this site loads? RamsTalk has always been a power sucker on my pc's. That's fixable but has been ignored over there for years.

2. content - RamBill, myself and others make sure that the latest news is posted here a.s.a.p.
There are different sections were those articles and posts are placed in order to keep things organized for the reader.

3) good moderation - no one here is breathing down anyone's neck so that they will conform and be a happy camper. But if someone has an agenda to tick people off day after day, post after post, they will be dealt with.

Once a new member has 100 posts he can take part in the self-moderation here by clicking the inappropriate button in a post. Once enough of those inappropriates have accumulated, that post is sent to the mods who can delete it or let it stay. What could be fairer than that?

If an admin or mod in a site doesn't want to put in the time, money, and effort to address those three areas, then they should just shut the heck up, and certainly they shouldn't be baffled that members are coming over here instead of staying on their site.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While your message is true. I wouldn't worry about it too much....(and I don't think you are losing any sleep.....). I still go over every day to another site. But some of the members there just have a different perspective on how and why to be fans. This forum just has such a more positive vibe. And I wouldn't call it homerism...(even though I could see some of the pessimists claiming that.....). To me it's the difference of someone calling you up asking you to watch the game and then giving several reasons why it won't be fun to watch. Or from this forum someone saying hey cmon and over and enjoy the game w/ us. You all are fans too and have no problems admitting that. People try to give you alternative perspectives to look at, not to put down the team, but enjoy what you see. And it really shines through in comparision.

Yep. No point in going to a site that just brings you down and ruins your mood. It's why I chose to leave. A few posters just weren't worth dealing with. Sucks because there were a lot of good people but it's just not worth the hassle and frustration.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. No point in going to a site that just brings you down and ruins your mood. It's why I chose to leave. A few posters just weren't worth dealing with. Sucks because there were a lot of good people but it's just not worth the hassle and frustration.

Exactly. I can still go there if I feel like fighting with trolls, or if I feel like dealing with those who are so sour because of the Rams' recent history that they only view the negative side. But I don't have time to go on every board. I'd rather spend my time getting information - including negatives when appropriate, and having fun conversations.

Years ago on usenet I was very active on the Dodgers group and rec.sport.baseball (where many of baseball's sabermetricians came from). No moderation, but besides the baseball discussions I enjoyed playing whack a troll at times. But in the end they just suck you in to their games - it's just not worth it.

FRO

Legend
Until their sites have Kevin Demoff for a question and answer session and they have a moderated board with intelligent posters, this is where I will be. This place is excellent. I left the post because it was a group of idiots more interested in complaining about the QB than having actual conversations and debates.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Refreshing to say the least. People know I post on the herd forever and still do however that tenure will be coming to an end since my thoughts are not welcome there much anymore and I've been threatened by admins there to conform or move on, but I digress.

My main point being that their admin has also threatened me and everyone else over that that if we get caught TRYING to have a posted move to this or any other board then we get banned for that as well.

It won't be any different here, you have to conform to the rules.

One suggestion I'd make is stop name calling Rams players.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is the internet where people get to come and go as they please. Offer people a better alternative and they will flock there. That's the free market system at its finest.

If your site sucks and people leave then it's your own damn fault. You then have two choices, 1) fix it and moderate it, or 2) circle the wagons, whine and point fingers at others.

There are three important aspects to having a good site:

1) the coding and software makes it easy for the member to access and use the site. One example: have you noticed that there aren't 15 or more quotes that you have to wade through before arriving at the post you want to read? That is by design. Have you noticed how easily this site loads? RamsTalk has always been a power sucker on my pc's. That's fixable but has been ignored over there for years.

2. content - RamBill, myself and others make sure that the latest news is posted here a.s.a.p.
There are different sections were those articles and posts are placed in order to keep things organized for the reader.

3) good moderation - no one here is breathing down anyone's neck so that they will conform and be a happy camper. But if someone has an agenda to tick people off day after day, post after post, they will be dealt with.

Once a new member has 100 posts he can take part in the self-moderation here by clicking the inappropriate button in a post. Once enough of those inappropriates have accumulated, that post is sent to the mods who can delete it or let it stay. What could be fairer than that?

If an admin or mod in a site doesn't want to put in the time, money, and effort to address those three areas, then they should just shut the heck up, and certainly they shouldn't be baffled that members are coming over here instead of staying on their site.

You and RamBill really are workhorses when it comes to posting Rams articles. I'm going to give you each eleven ROD dollars to encourage you to keep up the good work.

There are Four important aspects to having a good site:

4) Rams and Gators must be a member

FIFY

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Until their sites have Kevin Demoff for a question and answer session and they have a moderated board with intelligent posters, this is where I will be. This place is excellent. I left the post because it was a group of idiots more interested in complaining about the QB than having actual conversations and debates.
The Herd started doing that before us, but obviously they didn't corner the market on those things.