Siciliano: Nick Foles Will Shine with the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
injuries and schedule (they played the nfc west last year, thats 4 games against tougher defenses)
Luckily, Foles won't have to play those defenses this year... oh, wait.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't disagree Foles has question marks. But he won't be asked to do near as much in the Rams system. The Rams want to be a power run team fueled by defense and field position. He won't have to try and do more than he should. For all we know, this system could be the best fit for his talents. He does have a stronger arm than Davis or Hill has. So the deep ball will be a threat. With Britt, Austin and a healthy Quick defenses will have to respect that. At least that is the plan. The line has to open holes for Mason in order for that to work.
I struggle with this idea that the Rams are a power running team.

Rushing attempts last year? 24th (down from 17th in 2013)
Rushing yards per game? 20th (down from 19th in 2013)
Yards per rush attempt? 16th (up from 18th in 2013)
Rushing play percentage? 15th (down from 9th in 2013)

It may be true that they want to run... but the facts suggest they just haven't been able to stick to their plan.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There will be times he is very frustrating to watch. No doubt in my mind that he'll throw an untimely interception or two. He'll also show us some amazing throws here and there.
Hmmmm.... ;)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
doesn't help when you lose your Top Left Guard and Top Center
You mean as an Eagle?

Luckily, he's come to a team that has a top notch Oline! Oh, wait...

(just joshing with ya, but I think you see what I'm saying)

iced

You mean as an Eagle?

Luckily, he's come to a team that has a top notch Oline! Oh, wait...

(just joshing with ya, but I think you see what I'm saying)

oh i'm sure he's in a for a rude awakening, especially now with Robinson at LT instead of Peterson

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I struggle with this idea that the Rams are a power running team.

Rushing attempts last year? 24th (down from 17th in 2013)
Rushing yards per game? 20th (down from 19th in 2013)
Yards per rush attempt? 16th (up from 18th in 2013)
Rushing play percentage? 15th (down from 9th in 2013)

It may be true that they want to run... but the facts suggest they just haven't been able to stick to their plan.
If you want to be a power running team and have success you've got to be able win the turnover battles, otherwise your gameplan tends to get derailed rather quickly.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Foles walked into Rams park without a cane...that's enough for me to be happy!!!(y)