Siciliano: Nick Foles Will Shine with the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Will Nick Foles prove his doubters wrong now that he’s no longer in Chip Kelly’s offense? NFL Network’s Andrew Siciliano says the new Rams QB will shine in St. Louis. He also talks about the rest of the team.

Listen to Siciliano Talk Foles/Rams

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Andrew is a huge Rams fan. So I take this opinion like I would anyones on here. Meaning it's guaranteed he will succeed :D

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
im glad someone at least called out NFL Network. Foles became a ghost soon as he turned a Ram and it was all about Sam now that he's gone as if it was a one sided trade. what bullshit. how about a little freakin coverage. you know what its ok cus those fuckers will be forced to talk about us when Foles is slinging it downfield and the D starts closing in on the sack record.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I ALWAYS like to fly under the radar but I do like to emerge giving the talking heads something to talk about and that's something we really need to do this year. Really Really Really need to do THIS year!

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I ALWAYS like to fly under the radar but I do like to emerge giving the talking heads something to talk about and that's something we really need to do this year. Really Really Really need to do THIS year!
Agreed, problem is the Rams have been under the radar so long, they don't even make a "blip" anymore. It's time for this team to put up or shut up.....make that well past.

As for Foles, I'll wait to see what they put in front of him....if it's the (same old, same old) he won't make it through the season unscathed. Do I sound pessimistic......I suppose so.:cautious:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think the "product of Kelly's system" thing is kinda funny.

So is Kelly a genius for the great year, and an idiot for the average year? Or what?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Andrew is a man....I like his fandom...but damn Foles scares me....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Andrew is a man....I like his fandom...but damn Foles scares me....

Doesn't scare me, he has healthy knees and has won more games than he lost...Respect all, fear none!

And as @CGI_Ram posted:
One could argue Rams traded Sam Bradford for;

Foles
Kendricks
Fairley
2nd rounder
Move down from 5th to 4th rounder

I am rooting for Sam's success in Philly, but that trade made so much sense considering his injury history.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Doesn't scare me, he has healthy knees and has won more games than he lost...Respect all, fear none!

And as @CGI_Ram posted:
One could argue Rams traded Sam Bradford for;

Foles
Kendricks
Fairley
2nd rounder
Move down from 5th to 4th rounder

I am rooting for Sam's success in Philly, but that trade made so much sense considering his injury history.
Lets just say that if the Rams DIDN'T make this trade, I'd be pizzed about it. :cautious:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Andrew is a huge Rams fan. So I take this opinion like I would anyones on here. Meaning it's guaranteed he will succeed :D
Lol, that's awesome man. You think Siciliano lingers on ROD or possibly might be a member, makes me wonder.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Lol, that's awesome man. You think Siciliano lingers on ROD or possibly might be a member, makes me wonder.

I think there are a few well known lurkers on this site!! I'm looking at you Les!! (p.s. feel free to drop in and say hi from time to time!)

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I think there are a few well known lurkers on this site!! I'm looking at you Les!! (p.s. feel free to drop in and say hi from time to time!)
Definitely they know where the place to talk RAMS is at! :D

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I've gone back and watched almost every Nick Foles throw from the Eagles (I'm getting close and still working at it). There are a lot of things I like and a lot of things to gripe with. . .

I'm really pretty optimistic that Foles will fit well with our team.

PROS:
Will Throw Deep
Play Action (Not Bradford but can be dangerous)
Shows strong in comeback situations
Makes Throws
Strong in the Pocket - Like Ben and has shown ability to move around
Seems to fit a Run First Team
Knows when to throw away

CONS:
Doesn't always set feet (Innaccuracy)
Poor out of Pistol Play Action
Not good against NFC West
System guy?
SET FEET (I think this could change his career)

DLux27

Rookie
I think the addition of QB coach Weinke and having Cignetti as OC should help Foles with his mechanics, atleast hopefully haha.

iced

I think the "product of Kelly's system" thing is kinda funny.

So is Kelly a genius for the great year, and an idiot for the average year? Or what?

injuries and schedule (they played the nfc west last year, thats 4 games against tougher defenses)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@den-the-coach & @A.J. Hicks
I see a bunch of guys are forgetting why we even drafted a QB #1...overall....This IS a QB driven league...Due to the rules enforced at this time, it's an offensive game...Foles IS a system QB..and when that great system began to become unraveled, Foles showed that he would turn over the ball at an alarming rate....In fact I always wondered why people quote his winning percentage, like this is the end all be all? A QB can be VERY good, and on a terrible team. Foles is average...at best..His only redeeming quality is his ability to throw the deep ball, everything else he does can be imitated by the most average QB's...I doubt this guy is better than Davis....That Philly team was LOADED with talent...esp. offensive talent. He really is not in the same league with Bradford as far as talent is concerned......to trade an injury prone QB for another INJURY PRONE QB, strikes me as desperation...My only hope is that Snisher drafts his way outta this...Hundley in the second...at least get a Pac-12 QB that can really play...not a system anything....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think the addition of QB coach Weinke and having Cignetti as OC should help Foles with his mechanics, atleast hopefully haha.

Foles' mechanics are gonna be a big part of his success next year. The hiring of Wienke looms large there I believe; he was a great addition.

NFL Network can suck it. Rams will have a power offense that will finally throw it well next season and they will eventually have no choice but to come around.

jap

Legend
Jolly Not-so-old Saint Nick had a great 2013 and a not-so-hot 2014. I am confident that Cig and our new QB coach will put their heads together to see what went wrong and how they can correct things. Certainly, Nick's arm is functionally NFL strong and his mechanics will almost certainly be scrutinized heavily. I just hope there is enough time for him to readjust his mechanics, get the playbook down, and establish a healthy rapport with his fly guys in time for season's start.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
@den-the-coach & @A.J. Hicks
I see a bunch of guys are forgetting why we even drafted a QB #1...overall....This IS a QB driven league...Due to the rules enforced at this time, it's an offensive game...Foles IS a system QB..and when that great system began to become unraveled, Foles showed that he would turn over the ball at an alarming rate....In fact I always wondered why people quote his winning percentage, like this is the end all be all? A QB can be VERY good, and on a terrible team. Foles is average...at best..His only redeeming quality is his ability to throw the deep ball, everything else he does can be imitated by the most average QB's...I doubt this guy is better than Davis....That Philly team was LOADED with talent...esp. offensive talent. He really is not in the same league with Bradford as far as talent is concerned......to trade an injury prone QB for another INJURY PRONE QB, strikes me as desperation...My only hope is that Snisher drafts his way outta this...Hundley in the second...at least get a Pac-12 QB that can really play...not a system anything....

So, CHAMP.....

Next time, don't hold back like you just did. Let it out, man. Lol.

Should we put you down for "somewhat uncommitted"?