Should we make a trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If so what position would you like to add?
I would like to add a nickel CB to keep Long Jr on the bench. Have #31 focused on boundary CB and bring in a vet slot CB to help stop the bleeding.
I still believe in Burgess and Scott. Morris is still figuring things out, or that’s my hope ‍ ‍

Ready think our DL rotation is finally taking shape and by seasons end.
Q: how many prayers do we need to do the day after game day for Lewis’s knee?

dang

Legend
I think OLB and S will settle in but we could use another ILB or CB. Young has his moments but gets lost. Reeder is solid depth but is very limited. DWill mneeds tp be put in right situation. Long seems gone.

MachS

Hall of Fame
How many picks would it take to get Staley back as DC?

Dont think our issue is personnel. Its our defensive scheme and play calling. Thats the only big issue holding us back IMO.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Another team 4th CB

Trade Bait?
SS-Taylor Rapp
RT- Bobby Evans
DL- A'Shawn Robinson
CB- David Long
FS-Nick Scott
ILB/SS Travin Howard

Last edited:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vet corner maybe? I don't see any massive holes. Not ones that we should trade premium picks for

dang

Legend
How many picks would it take to get Staley back as DC?

Dont think our issue is personnel. Its our defensive scheme and play calling. Thats the only big issue holding us back IMO.
I disagree when I see Long and Rochelle getting burned over and over. Rochelle at least has an excuse being a rookie and should improve with more experience.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I disagree when I see Long and Rochelle getting burned over and over. Rochelle at least has an excuse being a rookie and should improve with more experience.
What about D Will looking terrible this year, getting burned non stop? How about Fuller who looked like a pro bowler last year and has been invisible through 5 games? How about Rapp getting picked on constantly in coverage? Because we are insistent on playing him as a deep cover safety instead of in the box, coming downhill where he could excell. What about taking an all pro CB and putting him in the slot, and LB more than outside? Is that a good idea?

This all falls on Morris' shoulders. These players didn't start just sucking all of a sudden. We have gone from the #1 defense to now currently ranked #27. This scheme is absolute shit. Its the coaches and coordinators job to put the players in the best situation to succeed. And to build a defense that accentuates their strengths and hides their weaknesses. Morris has failed miserably at this so far.

We dont know what Long is after 3 years and thats concerning. Rochelle is a rook like you said. But its impossible to put all the blame on them when we see how our other talented players have played so horribly.

TexasRam

Legend
What about D Will looking terrible this year, getting burned non stop? How about Fuller who looked like a pro bowler last year and has been invisible through 5 games? How about Rapp getting picked on constantly in coverage? Because we are insistent on playing him as a deep cover safety instead of in the box, coming downhill where he could excell. What about taking an all pro CB and putting him in the slot, and LB more than outside? Is that a good idea?

This all falls on Morris' shoulders. These players didn't start just sucking all of a sudden. We have gone from the #1 defense to now currently ranked #27. This scheme is absolute shit. Its the coaches and coordinators job to put the players in the best situation to succeed. And to build a defense that accentuates their strengths and hides their weaknesses. Morris has failed miserably at this so far.

We dont know what Long is after 3 years and thats concerning. Rochelle is a rook like you said. But its impossible to put all the blame on them when we see how our other talented players have played so horribly.
Agreed. The scheme is dogshit.

when multiple players fall off it’s logical to look at scheme.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Agreed. The scheme is dogshit.

when multiple players fall off it’s logical to look at scheme.
Hopefully some of this mini-bye time is spent looking at 2020 D tape.

But also Rapp wasn’t part of that, and looks slow out there this year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't trust this scheme to maximize any CB's potential.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd definitely trade Evans once Anchrum comes back, even if it's for a seventh.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Les Snead: "Yes."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Trade deadline is Nov-02.

That gets us past the Lions and Texans (Oct-31). Let’s see where we are at, then.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't trust this scheme to maximize any CB's potential.
I thought the "Star" position was meant to maximize Ramsey's potential? We may not have have the Corner talent to operate Staley's next level plan for the defense, but Ramsey is being utilized more than just locking down one corner of the field, but actually affects more territory with the Star.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

This is a totally fair assessment, imo.
Great post.

Trading anything for anyone on our defense right now feels short-sighted, unless it's the kind of low cost, huge upside trade that seems too good to pass up.
I'll not be holding my breath for that to happen, but I suppose it's always possible with Les Snead in the FO.

Morris needs to figure out what he has in his players and what he can tweak in this scheme to help them succeed.
The Rams players simultaneously need to adapt and figure out the nuances of the scheme they are playing in and that takes time.

Right now we just need to let our defense continue to figure it out, not get trigger happy.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Money must be the reason they didn't trade for Gilmore, it looked like a Ram type of move to me.

There must be something wrong with Burgess for him not to be seeing the field this year so I guess that's not the solution.

The Rams are 4-1 so I suppose their prevent defensive philosophy is "working?" I believe they will have a better plan for Arizona the next time but if they look as helpless again...I don't like their chances in the playoffs. Perhaps Fuller isn't communicating well enough? DWill and Ramsey can play man but the rest would continue to be exposed even further, no? Staley's D was exposed against the Packers last year, wasn't it? Perhaps the inept offense in 20 had teams less likely to be as aggressive last year? Maybe this unit needs time to develop Rochelle? Should Sean have more input in the defense?

It's fair to say we need a corner, a safety with range, and upgrades at linebacker...but for real improvement, wouldn't they have to give up some offensive talent? I'm afraid there won't be any good answers this year. This is a good team but I don't like how we stack up against the Cards, Panthers (with McCaffrey), Cowboys, or Packers. We will get hyped again with the soft schedule the next few games but that will be the time to try some more aggressive coverages Raheem can use in the postseason.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
If McVay and Snead believe they need to make a trade before the deadline, they surely will make it happen.

Trader Les just needs to be told by Sean that we need a guy.

SneadMcVay.jpg