Should the Rams draft a CB in the 1st next spring?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Even with the qQB issue at hand we aabsolutely need to take the cclear cut BPA or trade for more picks. RReaching for a wQB or any other player more often then not is worse then not taking one

Memphis Ram

Legend
After Aaron Donald fell to the Rams, I'm pro getting the best player available, regardless of position. Donald is an example of a guy being available that is leaps and bounds better than everyone else available. I doubt that happens with a Corner... but you never know.

I'm amazed at how anyone can witness the bounty of the Donald and Quinn selections and go on about trying to fill so called immediate needs.

The CB position can be upgraded, too. I don't see a shutdown type that can shadow the opposing teams best WR on the roster. And again, Jenkins and Johnson are free agents after 2015.

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not unless it is just a clear case of a CB being the unquestionably best player available.

Offense gets the 2015 #1 pick.

Athos

Legend
Kevin White before any CB.

No CB talent compares to White's on the opposite side imo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm amazed at how anyone can witness the bounty of the Donald and Quinn selections and go on about trying to fill so called immediate needs.

The CB position can be upgraded, too. I don't see a shutdown type that can shadow the opposing teams best WR on the roster. And again, Jenkins and Johnson are free agents after 2015.

When you look at what DL'ers Quinn & Donald who were #14 & #13 picks in terms of just speed :heh:. When you think of it we were so very lucky here. As far as Donald's position not being a need yes it was but not an immediate need. Not as high as an OL'er.

Rams came out into TC with 3 new DT's. Signed a sought after UFA DT in Alex Carrington along with the high $$UDFA signing of another burst speed guy named DT Ethan Westbrooks to go with their 2 established DT's.

I love it when the Rams make DL & OL selections high in the draft.

Player/3 cone/20 yd sh/Broad Jp/Vert Jp/BPress/40 yrd dash.
Quinn........7.13.......4.4.........116 in ..........34 in...22...........4.7
Donald......7.11........4.39.....116 in ..........32 in....35...........4.68
Ethan W...7.30........4.67.......118 in..........29 in.....20.........4.72

Memphis Ram

Legend
BonifayRam,

Donald's position was a need, but not an immediate need?
If that's the case, then the same could be said for the CB position.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Only if there is a CB that's far and away the BPA. I don't see a CB like that this year though.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
BonifayRam,

Donald's position was a need, but not an immediate need?
If that's the case, then the same could be said for the CB position.

Rams do have 6 CB's signed for 2015. Yes having your two starters as UFA in 2016 will come into play some if not 2015 but a sure concern in 2016 depending if they are able to sign at least one of those starters.

Jenkins
Johnson
McGee
Gaines
Joyner
Roberson

Looks to be in the best shape in a long long LONG while @ CB but in truth there is always room for a Revis/Peterson type corner. But you sure know that these past yrs with you in these forums I have moved more in your direction on BPA as time goes by. So glad they took that OL'er with that #2 pick.......great position of need & a pure BPA in my mind.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Rams do have 6 CB's signed for 2015. Yes having your two starters as UFA in 2016 will come into play some if not 2015 but a sure concern in 2016 depending if they are able to sign at least one of those starters.

Jenkins
Johnson
McGee
Gaines
Joyner
Roberson

Looks to be in the best shape in a long long LONG while @ CB but in truth there is always room for a Revis/Peterson type corner. But you sure know that these past yrs with you in these forums I have moved more in your direction on BPA as time goes by. So glad they took that OL'er with that #2 pick.......great position of need & a pure BPA in my mind.

BPA within reason is always the best way to go via the NFL Draft, IMO. Nothing else makes sense in a player acquisition process where teams have no control over the talent pool and limited control over their chances at selecting said available talent.

BTW, while they've got bodies at CB, upon a closer look, McGee had been horrible. He could be released ala Cudjo last year (who did more). And, IMO, the tiny Joyner is limited to a slot role at best. Some even think he might be better off at safety (I'm thinking dime back). Make him the Conrath of the CBs. With Jenkins and Johnson headed for unrestricted free agency, that leaves Gaines and a maybe in Roberson.