Shaun Hill

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hill or Davis against the Hawks?

• Total voters

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Davis has played well so far. He's done more to deserve the start in actual games. I like Hill, but Davis is a better option as of now.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A quad injury? Can you be more specific. You seem like you were his doctor and you knew thee 'exact' duration of time he played while he had this quad injury. Honestly I just see speculation now from very few. The same attackers will continue to attack in favor of Shaun Hill and be in his defense because of his so called injury. I frankly don't give a damn, because he isn't playing anyways, and putting up points for this team.

And according to the OP Hill is irrelevant. Because he will not be playing the Seahawks anyways.
Let it go.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I just don't get the "we would be 4-1 with Hill" hyperbole. There is absolutely NO reason to believe that from what we have seen. This TEAM is 1-4....for a multitude of reasons that are not related to the QB position.
+1

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I want to see a bigger dose of Tre Mason behind GRob. I hope he's a fast learner.
Now that GRob is in their at LG I think any of our RB's will be able to pound the rock behind him! But it's obvious they drafted Mason with the hopes they would be a dynamic duo!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I like how they use 'Questionable' lol. They were saying his practice was 'limited' eh?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/07/shaun-hill-injured-apparently/

"With the Rams trailing 13-0 at the half, Hill is out and Austin Davis is in. According to FOX, however, Hill was removed due to an injured left calf."

You can't be serious that this was some sort of conspiracy. He got hurt, tried to play thru, coaches took him out. Fisher is just going with the guy he feels has more upside, that's more Davis's play than anything Hill did.

LooNaTik83

You can't be serious that this was some sort of conspiracy. He got hurt, tried to play thru, coaches took him out. Fisher is just going with the guy he feels has more upside, that's more Davis's play than anything Hill did.

When did I ever mention 'conspiracy'? LoL seriously skim through my posts and find one time that I used the word 'conspiracy' in this OP? I don't know why you think this was a 'conspiracy'.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
When did I ever mention 'conspiracy'? LoL seriously skim through my posts and find one time that I used the word 'conspiracy' in this OP?

Then what are you getting at by implying that Hill wasn't injured, and everyone was lying? That he's weak, and the Rams organization covered it up with a bogus injury report and limited practice?

LooNaTik83

Then what are you getting at by implying that Hill wasn't injured, and everyone was lying? That he's weak, and the Rams organization covered it up with a bogus injury report and limited practice?

Those implications have nothing to do with a 'conspiracy'.

Firstly, It doesn't matter if he is, or was hurt.

Secondly, who is everyone?

Thirdly, that he's weak? One can be weak not only physically, but mentally.

Fourthly, Rams organization sugarcoating the event ? Why not. There was talk about Shaun Hill still being the starter when comes back healthy, and that Hill was suppose to keep the job, but then what happened?

Fisher_Wink_Still.0_standard_709.0.JPG

SIKE!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Firstly the injury, a strained quad muscle only requires 15-20 mins of ice applied to the muscle that is strained. That is a fact, and maybe if he properly did the warm up excercises this would of never happened. So basically yes he could of got back out there and kept fighting with his team IF he really WANTED to. Hence he had that chance, but apparently in this age of the NFL something as serious as a cramp constitutes as being out for the rest of the game or possibly longer. That is weak if you ask me. Give me a break I for damn sure wouldn't want a weak quarterback who can't get over a quad strain that wasn't even mild leading the team.

So now Hill doesn't warm up properly. LOL

Debacled

Starter
If you're sure a strain is more than just a strain or a muscle tear why add in "not a complete tear, but still a tear"? I would be confused too. He was sacked, got up on his own terms walked to the sidelines normally, after commercial break he had an injury?. No one actually knows what Shaun Hill had. You can call it whatever you want.

Players have continued playing with much more serious injuries than just a muscle contusion. I guarantee that's all he had, he felt sorry for himself is all. Why people feel sorry for him is beyond me. I honestly don't care about the past and what injuries he may have had it's irrelevant at this point.

Not sure why I'm even bothering with a reply, BUUUUT since you insist.

Ever hear of adrenaline? Stuff is an amazing hormone. Works as a kind of natural pain killer. Ask Tavon Austin when he hurt his knee, said he was warming up to come back in until half time and he "stiffened up". When the hormones run off the injuries tend to rear their ugly head and make life a difficult thing. You'll see guys take a couple snaps after hurting themselves and look out of place and it isn't because of pain, that pain is masked but when a part of the body is injured it cannot perform like it would normally.

A STRAIN is a MUSCLE TEAR. I added not a complete tear (aka the muscle snapping in half which pretty much never happens and is terrible when it does) because he didn't sever the muscle.

And for more clarification, a muscle contusion (bruise incase you were wondering) and a muscle strain (torn muscle, again) are not the same.

I'm not attacking in favor of Hill. I could care less who they start at QB as long as they give the team the best chance of winning.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

I just don't get why people want Davis to take a step back? The guy is obviously thriving on the opportunity and is making games exciting - IMO the more he plays the better he's going to get, he seems to have the WRs playing for him too, again, IMO if we put Hill back in, there may be another muscle tweak, etc and then you have to start with Davis cold again, Hill won't be the only player on a wage above his station in the NFL, let's just ride the season out with Davis... I think it's going to click soon...