Shaun Hill

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hill or Davis against the Hawks?

• Total voters

RamzFanz

Damnit
I've tried to talk about the value of an experienced QB over a virtual rookie. A QB who makes very good decisions and accurate throws vs a kid with balls but who doesn't make the great throws. I wasn't proposing a change, but an opportunity to see what was on the bench 2 losses ago.

I have abandoned my argument from getting shouted down.

Now I'm saying, AD played a rookie game, there is nothing to lose seeing if Hill is the better choice. The Rams have NO shot at a winning season without an improvement and I believe that improvement is sitting on the bench.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Davis, I'll give him until the Chiefs game to pull the trigger on Hill.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Davis... IF Schotty will game plan around a rookie QB and give him a damn check down. How many blitzes did we see and the Rams didn't have a single hot route??? I mean the camera was perfectly behind the QB (the MNF crew did a very good job, imho) and you could just see Davis had nowhere to go with the ball on those blitzes. That's on Schotty.

If Shotty's not going to give the rookie QB more help, than I say go Hill because he's got the playbook in his head and makes veteran plays.

So, for me, it's more on Schotty than anything else...

Btw, I'm about ready to have anyone else as an OC. Seriously. Is there no one else?

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I'm sticking with Davis just so he gets the experience. Hopefully he'll continue to grow, which he should, and we'll have a real quarterback competition come next year. Though, Davis isn't the most accurate when it comes to the deep ball. Not sure Hill is an improvement, but it wouldn't hurt to try him later in the season.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Love you RF, but the pass pro was non existent.
Hill would have been in ice bags in the 3rd quarter.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hill wouldn't have been standing after this game.

Hill has been nothing but good. Your negativity is completely unfounded. Hill wouldn't have taken those hits, he's much better at getting rid of the ball. My point is simply that the Rams have prematurely invested this season to a rookie.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I feel that no matter who the QB is there is going to be problems if Jake Long is still playing LT.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
No way that Hill would have done any better. Bradford wouldn't have either. In fact, I doubt that Brady or either Manning would have won this game.
This one is on the coaches and the defense.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm sticking with Davis just so he gets the experience. Hopefully he'll continue to grow, which he should, and we'll have a real quarterback competition come next year. Though, Davis isn't the most accurate when it comes to the deep ball. Not sure Hill is an improvement, but it wouldn't hurt to try him later in the season.

So, wait until the season is lost?

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Davis could possibly still improve and be a player in this league, he has potential. Hill is near the end of the line.

RamzFanz

Damnit
No way that Hill would have done any better. Bradford wouldn't have either. In fact, I doubt that Brady or either Manning would have won this game.
This one is on the coaches and the defense.

Lol, dude, AD made some horrible throws with all kinds of time. We need to walk away from the excuses. SCHOTTY was terrible, but AD was almost as bed. He over threw a half dozen passes at least.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Sorry, I'm not ready to go to Hill based on one half of mediocre football that he played for us. There is no proof that he or anyone else would have made a difference. Or enough of a difference anyway.
Unless you thing that Hill is capable of rushing the passer on defense. That would help a lot!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Sorry, I'm not ready to go to Hill based on one half of mediocre football that he played for us. There is no proof that he or anyone else would have made a difference. Or enough of a difference anyway.
Unless you thing that Hill is capable of rushing the passer on defense. That would help a lot!

Davis has over thrown game changing passes at least a dozen times. Hill has never been worse than Davis, ever. When did AD out perform Hill? Why keep doing the same thing that doesn't work?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hill has been nothing but good. Your negativity is completely unfounded. Hill wouldn't have taken those hits, he's much better at getting rid of the ball. My point is simply that the Rams have prematurely invested this season to a rookie.

It's not negativity. Hill got injured in a half against Minnesota. He's in his mid 30s and has never been a durable guy. Davis got clobbered today. And the claim that Hill wouldn't have taken those hits is complete BS. Hill might not have taken all the hits...but he would have taken most of them. And I doubt he would have taken them half as well as Davis.

Hill isn't Michael Vick. He wasn't going to escape that pass rush.